Willie Cauley-Stein is your newest Sacramento King

J

jdbraver

he might, but I think we should have taken Emmanuel Mudiay, WCS was compared by Jalen Rose to Tyson Chandler, it's not what we need, that's all, I don't see how he can help us in the long term.
First off jalen rose is a commentator and I doubt his scouting is superior to a nba staff.2nd Tyson chandler has a ring to show u.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I see that all of you guys are very positive about this guy, to be frank I didn't follow him too much therefore, I don't really know what to expect, all I know is that he is limited offensively, but if you believe that he can help this team in terms of defense than I can't be any happier.

Let's go Kings.
I think the larger point would be that for 8 straight years now we've been terrible defensively and mediocre offensively. So while we'll need to add a little offense if we can (shooters please), what we really need to focus on is adding lots of length and defense. That's WCS. So I would be highly surprised if he actually turns out to be the best player, as in most talented player, of the guys left on the board. But he might turn out to to be the right player for US. next to cousins his scoring/rebounding deficiency won't matter very much, just as it did not at Kentucky. And meanwhile he specializes at exactly the things we don't do well. Cousins has to feel a little less alone up front right now.

I am good with this pick, so long as the medical staff did their due diligence on his previous foot/ankle injury.

If the ankle is 100%, then I think this is an excellent pick.

I think this pick, as long as WCS stays healthy, makes BOTH DMC AND KARL HAPPY! :cool:

And you can't put a price on that!:D

Those questioning the fit next to DMC need to consider the fact that WCS played next to a poor man's Boogie at Kentucky (Anthony-Towns) and that worked out pretty well.

Another reason it's great fit is that WCS doesn't need the ball to be effective and do what he does. He should be, right away, what we hoped Hassan Whiteside would be 5 years ago but didn't show the ability to do until last season with the Miami Heat. Oddly, lots of Kings fan were hoping we still had Whiteside when they saw what he was doing last year.

Also, WCS supposedly can shoot the ball better than most people believe and, if the Kings are serious about pushing the ball and playing up tempo - he'll be one of the best big men in transition in the league.

While shooting remains a weakness, the Kings just improved one of the weakest areas -- protecting the rim and defending the pick and roll. This kid can switch onto a guard and still make life difficult for them.

With regard to shooting, there's a chance the problem could improve with players already on the roster (Stauskas, McLemore) so it's not like there's no chance at improvement in that area. With the Serbian kid drafted #5, WCS seems like the best option that addresses an area of need.

Mudiay might have been nice, but we've already had a similar player in Tyreke Evans - which didn't equate to a winning team. Mudiay doesn't directly address perimeter shooting or protecting the rim and pick and roll defense.

I like this pick because the Kings now have a really long and athletic front line of Boogie, WCS and Rudy Gay. Gay and WCS can play and defend multiple positions and won't necessarily be a match up problem against small ball teams. If anything, the small ball teams might be forced to match up with the Kings.

If the Kings can somehow land a knock down shooter off the bench, they might be in business.

If he can guard 3-5, then he can shift and help BOTH Rudy and/or DMC.
This (as already said) was cuz' choice.

It was his choice for a reason: one of the worst defensive teams

Bens steadily improving, stauskas can't get any worst, DC is solid, and Ray is an ok backup and adding a veteran guard could possibly put us in play off contention

Nice pick. Nice fit. Every good team needs a guy who sets picks and play D as their main assignment. it has been a long time coming for us.

Now go find a shooter Vlade.

This is awesome. I absolutely LOVED how Dalembert and Cousins completely dominated the paint. The big questions are, do we keep him? If we do, are we going to change the brand of the Kings back to defense? Since our FA and coach are too stubborn to do a complete 180, they will probably trade the pick. Imo we keep the pick and start him and Cousins... real positionless basketball!

gunks

Hall of Famer
First time we've picked who I wanted since ...... Cousins.

Although, to be fair, I would have been happy with a number of prospects this season.

WCS/Cuz has awesome potential. Only thing I'm worried about are the health concerns.

Welcome to the **** show Willy! I'm sure you'll be a fan favorite in no time!

Can't argue that it's a good fit. If Winslow or Mudiay turn out to be stars we'll be kicking our self once again.
I don't think we will, because WCS is almost a can't lose defensive stud, and there would have been no room for those other players to become stars on our club. Without interior D, it matters not how many mid level stars are on our roster. We're finally not looking to draft that great player, but finally drafting for fit. This is what you do when you progressing in a rebuild and you've got your cornerstone top couple of guys (Cousins, Gay). You don't gamble on someone with high ceiling. You draft for a need, and you watch that player develop. This is also great for WCS, as he can focus on his strengths right away, and slowly address his weaknesses.

I'm thoroughly convinced this pick is a direct result of Vlade's leadership.

I'm running behind on my DVR but the panel were hating on the pick saying WCS offense wasn't worthy of the pick and he better be a great nba first team defender to justify the pick. And they were also saying that why would they build around boogie if he and Karl have friction? The better pick should had been winslow or that PG.
Blabbering idiots who can't bear to not have a negative opinion about SOMEthing. Again, they reveal how out of touch they are.

You don't blow up your team and change your draft strategy because of ****ing rumors about your star and head coach. Clearly someone's agenda and manipulations failed, whatever they were.

Love this pick, high floor high ceiling guy who fits like a glove on the team we have. Not sure how arguably the most athletic player in the draft has people saying he doesn't have star potential. Pretty much every star in the league starts with a baseline of elite athleticism.

The Kings drafting WCS and keeping Karl out of the war room is a clear signal to Boogie that they want him to stay and will work with him. WCS will keep Boogie out of foul trouble and will allow him to slide to the four spot. His athleticism is UNREAL. He reminds me of DJ but with better lateral quickness. He does not have the same rebounding capability yet. He really needs to show that he can go after the ball. He also has a fairly low basketball IQ. He'll play a Whiteside type role of "stand there, try to get an alley oop or an offensive board, get back on D." Looking forward to the twin towers in Sacramento.

WCS won't have to go through hack a shaq he shot 60% from the line. That's huge also having JT/WCS the PF position will be facing a very good defender for 48minuets
Didn't WCS start out shooting around 30% from stripe and up it (doubling) to around 60%? Seem to recall that personal FT stat. If true it shows has ability improve his shot accuracy - maybe even his very suspect mid-range game.