[Game] Sacramento Kings (3) @ Golden State Warriors (6) (WCDS Game 6, 2-3) 4/28/2023 5pm Pacific 8pm Eastern (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this is tough. TD unfortunately has been a one game wonder like every 3 weeks and usually makes you regret giving him a big role following his big game.

My lean is you go right back to a rested Davion to attack a tired Curry. I think GS just wasn't ready for what TD brought intensity wise in game 6. Now that they can scheme for him, it probably won't be as effective.

I wouldn't sit TD, but I think I'd go 10-11 minutes over 20 and get Davion back to 25+
Yeah that would be my biggest fear going into tomorrow. I don't necessarily need 20 + minutes of TD in game 7, he kinda scares me after he has a good game, i must admit.

Watching all the post game stuff, and the talking heads flapping their jaws today, a couple things come to mind.
D.S. looks better than I thought he would. Say what you will about the man, he is one tough son of a gun. I hope, as time passes, they can coach some smarts into him on the foul stuff.
Towards the end last night the Warriors were looking pretty gassed. The Kings were the younger team.
They are a team on the rise.
I hope they sense it.
We have more than one natural leader on this team. Fox is clearly one, he shifted his attack from the long ball to playing the lay up drive and short shot stuff when his finger was bugging him. Outstanding coaching. Last night Monk was firing them up too. There were others too. People playing roles when they need to is the mark of a team far more experienced than ours is.
I think we have one heck of a good chance tomorrow.
Win or lose, though....the Sacramento Kings have EARNED respect by PLAYING like WINNERS.
I am proud of our team.
They have LEARNED how to win...and that is everything.
I’m proud of them also but I would say they are learning. Especially Monk whose best position seems to be back up point guard. He basically has won a couple games for us a lost 1 or 2 with a number of really bad turnovers.

I wonder if the Kings problems at home relative to the road stem partly from him getting too hyped at home. Hopefully during game 7 he and Fox will play smart and not try to do too much as was the case in game 5. Penetrate and make the right pass before you have 3 guys on you. Warriors are taking Sabonis away as the distributor and a lot of the playmaking will fall on Malik. Him keeping his emotions in check and playing smart will go a long way to determining how this series goes.

It’s so not in my nature to be optimistic. But after that performance; against one of the worst road teams not only in the playoffs got the entire league… it’s set up so perfectly I don’t want to break character and end up being the dreaded jinx.

Also; there’s some tickets for less than 300 dollars and I’m really really really tempted to impulse buy them right now.
Buy em!

Last edited:
It's a good sign that we're even considering that good defense could be expected from Davis. Brown obviously knew, given that he matched him on Curry. I've always thought he was more capable than given credit for, but his defense has been maligned for the last two seasons. Everyone makes a bad mistake here and there and some dumb fouls, but sometimes you have to let them play through in order to have chance for that player to help the team.

Again, nobody thought we'd be talking about Terence Davis' defense in a game 6 and going into game 7. Hopefully this is turning point in his career
Through all his inconsistency I'm a big Davis fan - I think he can improve. I want Brown to extend deepen out the team player minutes more for next season, and get all 12 out there expecting high energy from any and all who take the floor.. Even if the Kings lose tomorrow, the office just need to keep it simple, resign and extend current players. You can flip a coin on the game tomorrow, but really with this team and series, I think 3Q is very important, as is rebounding! ULTRA IMPORTANT to defensively rebound. Looks like Brown is gonna go away from Game 2 plan to Game 6 plan. Lyles rebounding and shooting will be very important. And Monk's shooting maybe most important. Kentucky boys will have to ride high 1 more time, and they can do it. Fox looked alot better handling his injury on game 6 than game 5. I was in Florida down in a hotel bar, watching game 5, and this couple sat next to me and said, we're from Pennsylvania and we love this new Kings team, hope they win.....they didn't that night, but they still can to it, and if not, its a rebirth for long time Kings fans a bit reminiscent of 1998/1999.

Watching all the post game stuff, and the talking heads flapping their jaws today, a couple things come to mind.
D.S. looks better than I thought he would. Say what you will about the man, he is one tough son of a gun. I hope, as time passes, they can coach some smarts into him on the foul stuff.
Towards the end last night the Warriors were looking pretty gassed. The Kings were the younger team.
They are a team on the rise.
I hope they sense it.
We have more than one natural leader on this team. Fox is clearly one, he shifted his attack from the long ball to playing the lay up drive and short shot stuff when his finger was bugging him. Outstanding coaching. Last night Monk was firing them up too. There were others too. People playing roles when they need to is the mark of a team far more experienced than ours is.
I think we have one heck of a good chance tomorrow.
Win or lose, though....the Sacramento Kings have EARNED respect by PLAYING like WINNERS.
I am proud of our team.
They have LEARNED how to win...and that is everything.
I like Sabonis effort and passionate play, but he seems to have gotten in a bad habit of questioning every play it seems like....I dont think that's gonna be healthy going forward for keeping calm and focused.

I’m proud of them also but I would say they are learning. Especially Monk whose best position seems to be back up point guard. He basically has won a couple games for us a lost 1 or 2 with a number of really bad turnovers.

I wonder if the Kings problems at home relative to the road stem partly from him getting too hyped at home. Hopefully during game 7 he and Fox will play smart and not try to do too much as was the case in game 5. Penetrate and make the right pass before you have 3 guys on you. Warriors are taking Sabonis away as the distributor and a lot of the playmaking will fall on Malik. Him keeping his emotions in check and playing smart will go a long way to determining how this series goes.
Exactly on Sabonis - taken away as distributor - well put.

Charles Barkley not only just picked the Kings to win game 7. He has picked the Kings to go to the conference finals

Shaq and Kenny seemed to lean Warriors.
Ordinarily, that would be the kiss of death, for anyone even 0.1% superstitious. But Mike Brown is surely draining the blood of a bison as we speak to countermand the curse.

Go Kings!

From Vegas Insider:

"
The Warriors appeared to have Sacramento on the ropes in the aftermath of their gutsy Game 5 victory at Golden 1 Arena, as many bettors previously doubted their ability to steal a win on the road in this series, but to the surprise of the Golden State’ doubters, the Warriors played pretty well on the road in Game 5, aside from Steph Curry knocking down just 2-of-10 three-point attempts in the contest, and all of a sudden, even their most rigid skeptics seemed to have little-to-no doubt as to whether Golden State would close out the series at home in Game 6.

However, in a rather stunning turn of events, the Warriors shot just 37% FG and 31% 3P in an ugly 118-99 home loss in Game 6. So, now we’re right back to where we started prior to Game 5 with the Warriors hitting the road for Sacramento in desperate need of a win, but it’s almost impossible to trust them because they’ve been garbage on the road all year.

The Warriors posted a miserable record of 10-31 on the road during the regular season, while ranking 23rd in the league in net rating in those contests. On the other side of that same coin, though, the Warriors are a completely different team on their homefloor, and their discrepancy in performance based on game location was on full display in Games 3 and 4 as Golden State erupted for 120 PPG on 45% FG and 36% 3P in back-to-back home wins to even the series, which is why we saw them tagged as relatively hefty favorites at home in Game 6.

Golden State really dropped the ball in Game 6, though, and quite frankly, if the Warriors were ever going to make it out of this series alive, they probably needed to win it then and there, because this team’s struggles away from home tend to be far more pressing than they have been throughout this series, and it’s bound to catch up with them at some point.

Back in Game 5, the Warriors needed every ounce of 20-point performances by Andrew Wiggins, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green in order to secure their first victory of this series on the road, and they managed to do it on a combined 60% shooting. If Steph Curry happens to receive a similar amount of help from his supporting cast again in Game 7, the Warriors could easily steal another one on Sunday afternoon, but given their horrendous records of 12-32 and 12-30-1 on the road this year, I’m willing to bet that he won’t. Take Sacramento in Game 7.

Score Prediction: Kings 116, Warriors 109
Best Bet: Kings ML (-105)
"

I dont know if I agree with this completely - from the last 2 games, you can state, home court is not as big a deal as made out to be here.
As Sactowndog I think went over, Kings need energy, but need to be careful about turnovers getting too amped. The energy needs to come during defense especially. Very costly late turnovers in game 5 which prevented ability for chance to come back. Worred about a repeat of Game 5. -> Tomorrow Red Velvet coming back to grace the home-floor would be a bigtime insurance if Fox or Monk falter.

Sabonis has been fumbling, bumbling, and losing the ball in inexplicable fashion. Part of the issue seems to be his hesitation where he is thinking a lot about whether to shoot, where to shoot, when to pass, etc. It's like his decision-tree has to be simplified for him to get it together. But I am also left wondering whether his broken hand has somehow worsened and even if his other hand has something wrong with it. It looks like he's taken novacaine shots in both hands and he has no feeling in them.
this is basically my gripe with him. He has this tendency to dribble gather rather than gather and go up to the rim once he's close enough to do so, allowing the Dubs players to swipe the ball away

Rewatching game 6 and the Looney play is so goddamn dirty. He doesn't even make a play on the jump ball with his right arm (which was positioned as the jumping arm) and just drives it into Domas's face in while twisting around to knock the ball out w his left as hes coming down on Domas. Nowhere close to a natural basketball play

Then add to it the crowd booing the hell out of Sabonis on the ground well after the replays. Warriors are trash and the fans who are drinking it up are too

Rewatching game 6 and the Looney play is so goddamn dirty. He doesn't even make a play on the jump ball with his right arm (which was positioned as the jumping arm) and just drives it into Domas's face in while twisting around to knock the ball out w his left as hes coming down on Domas. Nowhere close to a natural basketball play

Then add to it the crowd booing the hell out of Sabonis on the ground well after the replays. Warriors are trash and the fans who are drinking it up are too
Just rewatched it tonight too.

That should have been a Flagrant 2.

I respect Looney though. When the whole world was trying to make Domas a big bad villian, he straight came out and said that it was nothing out of the ordinary and that's just the life of being a big man in the NBA. He looks to get away with the push-offs on the offensive glass, etc, but he's not out there actively hurting guys like Dray does. And he's kicked our ass this series, can't take that away from him.

Awful play that at bare minimum should have been a flagrant, but I don't think he's a dirty player. He's the exact kind of role player every title team needs on their team to be a serious contender.

I expect some dirty plays in game 7 as GS flails to stay alive. They need a momentum stopper more than anything.
You can count on it. If the Kings take a lead in the first half look for draymond green to pull one of his stunts. My guess is he'll probably target Fox with some kind of sleazy move like kicking him. If he doesn't get removed from the game and the Kings have a lead in the second half look for him too engage with a fan in order to get out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.