Why Isn't Sasha Playing?

Long posts, lot's of points, lot's of predictions.
I watched almost all Pacers games when Domas was with them. Initially Domas was coming off the bench, though pretty soon everybody realized that Domas was actually the best big on the team. Anyway, first season in Indiana Domas from the bench was joined with Bogdanovic. Maybe in the first ~20 games Bogdanovic looked meh. Taking difficult shots, in wrong place, wrong time. Though the time came when Domas and Bogdanovic began to cook. This trend of Domas teammate, who is primary offensive orientated, but not a starters material, in later seasons in Indiana happened all the time. Latest one was Doug McDermot. Guy would come of the bench and would scorch opponents.
last season i always wished for Sasha to have more minutes on the floor together with Domas. Never happened. We had Malik off the bench and he is a one man wrecking machine. Put it simply - Sasha was never comfortable on the floor with Kings. Sure, it was the first season in NBA, transition takes time. One more thing - I'm not a fan of Mike Brown. As a head coach - he is more like fatherly figure. I never see him as an innovative risk taker who can make something positive happen from nothing.
Sasha can play - that's for sure. Another thing is how well he is incorporated in the whole team.
Draft is coming, some roster changes - we all wish the best for the Kings team as a whole and for their individual players. Will Sasha be still a King next season and can he contribute according to his talent - who knows? Though there are plenty of strong teams that could add a sharpshooter (take Lakers for example).
Sasha's situation will develop one way or another, we just need to exercise patience :)

Olajuwaon , Yao , Yi Jianlian, Jeremy Lin are all great examples for Europeans with good success in NBA ...
Even the greatest example for european in Nba Nowitzki said after his first season (i didn't know this ) : "I was so frustrated I even contemplated going back to Germany. "
Which ones again proves the theory that for Europeans is harder to make a name in the League over the americans. With few exeptions which are just puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure talents ...

About Vezenkov :
''Always out of position in attack'- How did you manage to see that when he is always on his position - bench
The ''he is poor in defence'' theory is already too old , he improved in that part of the game and that is not my opinion
''Pretend to be a superstar''' - did i say he is a superstar ?? Did i say he MUST be a starter ?? The only thing i said is he is better player then the 8th in the rotation - Lyles , which more or less means 20ish minutes per game .... Superstars are Domas and Fox , and Vezenkov will be never ever ever be close to their status ...

But all in all the debate is a bit useless ... Neither i am going to make u all think different , neither obviously you can , cause till now i didn't see any strong argument to prove me wrong ... U hate one player and like another i like the one but don't like the another ... At the end is important the team to be in better position next season so lets hope both Monte and Brown are having an idea how to make it happen.
Cheers guys , let's see what the future will bring to the King's table
I think you are taking this way too personal. For some reason you have a much too strong emotional connection. I don’t hate vezenkov, not at all. But there are better players in front of him that earned minutes. Can he get better? Yes. That’s up to him. But he needs to learn Browns schemes. He is better than Jimmer if that makes you feel better.

I think you are taking this way too personal. For some reason you have a much too strong emotional connection. I don’t hate vezenkov, not at all. But there are better players in front of him that earned minutes. Can he get better? Yes. That’s up to him. But he needs to learn Browns schemes. He is better than Jimmer if that makes you feel better.
I can’t say personally but passionately for sure :)
We all agree at or thing - will be good to see Vezenkov for at least one more season in the league at least to have more proves if he is or isn’t good enough to play there ;)

I don't see Trey Lyles as someone who could win a Euro league MVP. But Sasha was behind him in the rotation for us - mostly - because Lyles already had a good year with the squad and Mike and a few years in the NBA. Lyles is solid but we are not going to get the best of both Sasha and Lyles at the same time.

I don't see Trey Lyles as someone who could win a Euro league MVP. But Sasha was behind him in the rotation for us - mostly - because Lyles already had a good year with the squad and Mike and a few years in the NBA. Lyles is solid but we are not going to get the best of both Sasha and Lyles at the same time.
No it was because Lyles out played him. What were you guys watching? Seriously if it’s Sasha or Lyles, I’ll pack Sasha’s bag.

now that’s funny

There is a rumor floating around that the Greek club Panathinaikos (Sashas former clubs main rival/current Euroleage champs) has set aside a 3 year 17million dollar deal to get him to comeback to Greece I think that's in Euro's as well and would be more than what the Kings are currently paying him, His former club can only offer 2 years 10mil

There is a rumor floating around that the Greek club Panathinaikos (Sashas former clubs main rival/current Euroleage champs) has set aside a 3 year 17million dollar deal to get him to comeback to Greece I think that's in Euro's as well and would be more than what the Kings are currently paying him, His former club can only offer 2 years 10mil
Oly are actualy offering him 10mln but for 3 years , so almost twice less then PAO did ...
And still there is a better chance for him to continue with the Kings then going to PAO
As i wrote in the Malik's thread , money are important but after some point they are not the most important thing ... My bet is he will not plat for the green part of Athens ...
Actually what is hearing around over here is that he will do his best to play the second year of his contract and then think about Europe again

Oly are actualy offering him 10mln but for 3 years , so almost twice less then PAO did ...
And still there is a better chance for him to continue with the Kings then going to PAO
As i wrote in the Malik's thread , money are important but after some point they are not the most important thing ... My bet is he will not plat for the green part of Athens ...
Actually what is hearing around over here is that he will do his best to play the second year of his contract and then think about Europe again
If he is a quitter then fair well.

haha fair point. How about I think he is gone. The Kings are impacted at the 4 and not an ideal spot for him. Pheonix would be much better
Well I suppose we will see soon …
Never heard about talks with Phoenix though and believe me the media over here has good imagination…
Chicago
Golden state
San Antonio
Denver
Brooklyn
All were mentioned and all with some logic in it
I still hope for second year at Kings though …

There isn’t a thing like aggressively persuading, it’s just journalist making big headlines for more clicks
There is an interview with Ataman (coach of this year’s euroleague champions PAO ) where he says :
“Of course we want then , as well as all other 17 teams in Euroloeague cause he is hell out of a player”
“But there is nothing officially because he has to decide to return to Europe first and the lab all the talkings will start”

he is more then decide to continue one more year in the nba and he will return to Europe if only he isn’t traded and Bronw tells him - I won’t use you go away ….

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
There isn’t a thing like aggressively persuading, it’s just journalist making big headlines for more clicks
There is an interview with Ataman (coach of this year’s euroleague champions PAO ) where he says :
“Of course we want then , as well as all other 17 teams in Euroloeague cause he is hell out of a player”
“But there is nothing officially because he has to decide to return to Europe first and the lab all the talkings will start”

he is more then decide to continue one more year in the nba and he will return to Europe if only he isn’t traded and Bronw tells him - I won’t use you go away ….
My point is that unless he negotiates a buyout with the Kings it's not his decision to return to Europe. He's under contract.

Well I suppose we will see soon …
Never heard about talks with Phoenix though and believe me the media over here has good imagination…
Chicago
Golden state
San Antonio
Denver
Brooklyn
All were mentioned and all with some logic in it
I still hope for second year at Kings though …
If Jordy thinks he’s worthwhile to obtain, as in a change of scenery and increased playing time could unlock him, a Sasha and Huerter package should be relatively attractive to a team rebuilding like Brooklyn. Why you say? Sasha has shown he can play at a high level although across the pond but he’s shown it and Huerter is only 25. Huerter is a perfect bounce back guy who still has lots of years left

If Jordy thinks he’s worthwhile to obtain, as in a change of scenery and increased playing time could unlock him, a Sasha and Huerter package should be relatively attractive to a team rebuilding like Brooklyn. Why you say? Sasha has shown he can play at a high level although across the pond but he’s shown it and Huerter is only 25. Huerter is a perfect bounce back guy who still has lots of years left
the Jordy - Vezenkov theory was the favourite one in Bulgaria in the week after his announcement , but not sure there is real story in it

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
the Jordy - Vezenkov theory was the favourite one in Bulgaria in the week after his announcement , but not sure there is real story in it
That would make more sense if Jordy was the one pushing for Sasha. By all indications it was Monte McNair and the front office that liked him, and it was Mike Brown that went to see him play overseas. I think the Kings really do still like Vezenkov. He just needs to stay healthy and improve on his defensive rotations to get consistent minutes. Ideally in some lineups with Lyles as a smallball five and definitely some overlapping minutes with Domas where he can take advantage of his ability to cut and space the floor.

That would make more sense if Jordy was the one pushing for Sasha. By all indications it was Monte McNair and the front office that liked him, and it was Mike Brown that went to see him play overseas. I think the Kings really do still like Vezenkov. He just needs to stay healthy and improve on his defensive rotations to get consistent minutes. Ideally in some lineups with Lyles as a smallball five and definitely some overlapping minutes with Domas where he can take advantage of his ability to cut and space the floor.
I don’t think that Jordy knows who Vezenkov is :)) figurative speaking of course …
The Domas Vezenkov playing time together is the thing I was always hoping to see more … or at all to be honest …
But let’s see …. We will know it in the next two weeks …