Who Should We Sign? (2023 Off-Season)

Assuming they would agree to sign here, which SF/PF would be your top choice in free agency?

• Cam Johnson

• Dillon Brooks

• Grant Williams

• Jae Crowder

• Jalen McDaniels

• Jerami Grant

• Josh Hart

• Kyle Kuzma

• PJ Washington

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Monte will be put in a dicey situation. If they identify Grant as their target they will have to wait to see if Boston matches. If they do, you could potentially lose Barnes and Williams. At that point you had better be sure Sasha is coming over and that Keegan can take over as your best wing defender.

Monte will be put in a dicey situation. If they identify Grant as their target they will have to wait to see if Boston matches. If they do, you could potentially lose Barnes and Williams. At that point you had better be sure Sasha is coming over and that Keegan can take over as your best wing defender.
Or you could move Holmes at the deadline giving us enough cap space to resign Barnes and go after someone like Williams.

Or you could move Holmes at the deadline giving us enough cap space to resign Barnes and go after someone like Williams.
that would be great I just don’t think there will be any takers. I think the kings and Holmes are stuck with each other for at least one more year. Sucks for both parties.

I don't get the PJ Washington love. Inconsistent and inefficient. Can put up big numbers and can also put up a lot of poor shooting nights with below average defense. Obviously way too early to close the book on him but the idea of who he is and what he really is are two different things.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Grant Williams absolutely thrives in games like this. He's like a PJ Tucker type on defense, but actually can give you offensive production
Depending on how early negotiations with HB and Sasha play out, drafting Jarace Walker might be the closest we get to Grant.

I don't get the PJ Washington love. Inconsistent and inefficient. Can put up big numbers and can also put up a lot of poor shooting nights with below average defense. Obviously way too early to close the book on him but the idea of who he is and what he really is are two different things.
who would you target this off-season either in free agency or a realistic trade?

He’s been asked to do a lot more this season offensively which explains his dip in efficiency to me. Saw something that mentioned he has already taken more pull up jumpers this year than all of last season. I think as a role player and a glove fit for our roster, he’d be a very solid piece for us.

a few FA I like outside the same 3 dudes we talk about (Grant Williams, Cam Johnson, PJW)

Naz Reid-C- Dominates when he gets real minutes. Not a great spacer, but has the ability. Maybe could find a way for him and Sabonis to coexist. Just a quality good young player

Jaylen Nowell-Combo G-- Showing real offensive upside, not sure if shooting last year or this year is more real. Just a quality player when you watch him on both ends

Josh Okogie-Defensive Wing. No offensive upside, but would become a top 3 defender on the team

Jalen McDaniels-3/4 Wing- Showing offensive spacing promise, elite measurables.

Mattise Thybulle- RFA, but not sure the Sixers match anything for him. Seems to have run his course with them. Obvious defensive wing strength, no offense.

Donte DiVencenzo- Been great as a starter with Steph out, still think this dude is an elite role player on both ends. I'd be surprised if he doesn't opt out of his PO. Would be curious if the relationship is actually broken with us.

Bruce Brown- Wanted him last off-season, showing how valuable he is, especially next to a dominant passing big. Elite role player, helps the team toughness. Showing he can actually space too, 40% on 116 attempts this year. Very likely he opts out of his PO and I'm not sure Den could match a MLE type offer. Very high on my priority list

Another idea (albeit risky) is to try and trade for Siakam during the off-season (assuming they continue to lose and miss the playoffs). Something like the trade below could be interesting…

- Pascal Siakam

For

- Richaun Holmes
- Keegan Murray
- Davion Mitchell
- 2023 SAC 1st (we draft on their behalf)
- Future Unprotected SAC 1st (conveys 2 years after ATL pick - likely a 2026 1st)
- Future Unprotected SAC 1st (conveys 4 years after ATL - likely a 2028 1st)

Toronto resets around Barnes and Anunoby and add two young pieces to their core as well as three 1sts (two which are unprotected and convey years after the current contracts for Siakam and Sabonis expire).

Kings get an all-NBA player who is another great go-to option (allowing Sabonis to settle into that 3rd option, playmaker/facilitator role). His size, length, and defense would be a great complement to Sabonis. I wish he was a better shooter but he’s adequate. And his ability to attack close outs and make great passes could make up for it. I think we’d also have enough cap space to resign Barnes.

PG - Fox
SG - Huerter / Monk
SF - Barnes / Moneke
PF - Siakam / Okpala
C - Sabonis

Another idea (albeit risky) is to try and trade for Siakam during the off-season (assuming they continue to lose and miss the playoffs). Something like the trade below could be interesting…

- Pascal Siakam

For

- Richaun Holmes
- Keegan Murray
- Davion Mitchell
- Future Unprotected SAC 1st (conveys 2 years after ATL pick - likely a 2026 1st)

Toronto resets around Barnes and Anunoby and add two young pieces to their core as well as three 1sts (two which are unprotected and convey years after the current contracts for Siakam and Sabonis expire).

Kings get an all-NBA player who is another great go-to option (allowing Sabonis to settle into that 3rd option, playmaker/facilitator role). His size, length, and defense would be a great complement to Sabonis. I wish he was a better shooter but he’s adequate. And his ability to attack close outs and make great passes could make up for it. I think we’d also have enough cap space to resign Barnes.

PG - Fox
SG - Huerter / Monk
SF - Barnes / Moneke
PF - Siakam / Okpala
C - Sabonis
The big issue is Siakam is a UFA the season after. And you're literally moving all your chips in the middle to acquire him, in which he'll be 29 and 30+ for his next contract.

He's absolutely perfect at the 4 next to Sabonis, but i'd want a guaranteed 5+ years of him before I make this trade. And that goes for pretty much any deal for a star

The big issue is Siakam is a UFA the season after. And you're literally moving all your chips in the middle to acquire him, in which he'll be 29 and 30+ for his next contract.

He's absolutely perfect at the 4 next to Sabonis, but i'd want a guaranteed 5+ years of him before I make this trade. And that goes for pretty much any deal for a star
Yeah, hence the “risky” part.

He actually has been fairly accurate from the corners (47.5% last year & 41.2% this year) while guys like Fox and Huerter seem to shoot better above the break.

Regardless, could you imagine the passing of this team? We’ve already noticed how much more the ball zips around with Sabonis and Huerter added to the floor but replacing Murray with Siakam is a monumental upgrade in that department.

The passing from Siakam and Sabonis would likely give a lot of Kings fans deja vu as they remember back to Webber and Vlade.

Seems as if Jaxson Hayes not getting his offersheet matched by the Pelicans is becoming more n more likely.

I'd gamble on him n try to get a bunch of years on the deal. I like the idea of letting Hayes and Queta battle it out for the backup spot next season, that'd be super low cost too.

He's the same age as Keegan Murray and a major late-bloomer, he's had some baggage but if he puts it together his value will skyrocket due to athletic grade and defensive potential.

Simply put lots of the struggles of Holmes recently are because he's just not that big, and Hayes is even more explosive hes taller and longer n younger. Really can run the floor exceptionally well. the price could be right! No reason to think Fox and Sabonis plus our shooters couldnt make him look really good.

a few FA I like outside the same 3 dudes we talk about (Grant Williams, Cam Johnson, PJW)

Naz Reid-C- Dominates when he gets real minutes. Not a great spacer, but has the ability. Maybe could find a way for him and Sabonis to coexist. Just a quality good young player

Jaylen Nowell-Combo G-- Showing real offensive upside, not sure if shooting last year or this year is more real. Just a quality player when you watch him on both ends

Josh Okogie-Defensive Wing. No offensive upside, but would become a top 3 defender on the team

Jalen McDaniels-3/4 Wing- Showing offensive spacing promise, elite measurables.

Mattise Thybulle- RFA, but not sure the Sixers match anything for him. Seems to have run his course with them. Obvious defensive wing strength, no offense.

Donte DiVencenzo- Been great as a starter with Steph out, still think this dude is an elite role player on both ends. I'd be surprised if he doesn't opt out of his PO. Would be curious if the relationship is actually broken with us.

Bruce Brown- Wanted him last off-season, showing how valuable he is, especially next to a dominant passing big. Elite role player, helps the team toughness. Showing he can actually space too, 40% on 116 attempts this year. Very likely he opts out of his PO and I'm not sure Den could match a MLE type offer. Very high on my priority list
Brown imo has been the 2nd best player on the Nuggets, he's tough and elite motor can't do wrong having him on the team although he's more of a 1/2 sadly, unless the Kings are trading Davion or Monk you would either have to go super small at times or someone is not getting playing time. Same applies for Nowell who is similar.

- Pascal Siakam

For

- Richaun Holmes
- Keegan Murray
- Davion Mitchell
I'm balking at that stated price (Murray, Davion, three 1st round picks). Don't get me wrong though, Siakam is a phenomenal player who is well worth this price and his fit with Sabonis-Fox is literally perfect. What I'm balking over is simply that it would tie the Kings hands for many years when it comes to making trades. Siakam is also quite injury prone, so one injury to him at the wrong time could end the Kings hopes in the playoffs.

Could it be wiser for the Kings to sit tight for a year, only making 1-year or low-cost moves while they see how Murray develops? Like signing Oubre or PJ Washington to a 1-year deal... and signing Naz Reid (or Jaxson Hayes) and Darius Bazley to reasonable contracts. Then nab Herbert Jones and Jarred Vanderbilt in 2024. Herbert will be an RFA with the Pelicans tapped out on cap-space, while Vanderbilt will be a UFA.

Team in 2024:
Fox (34.85m)........... Davion (6.45m), Vet Min
Huerter (16.83m)..... Monk (12.93m), Vet Min
Herbert (15m?).......... Bazley (?m), Vet Min
Murray (8.81m)........ Vanderbilt (?m), Vet Min
Sabonis (30m?)......... Naz or Hayes (?m), Vet Min

Projected Salary Cap Max: $143m
Salaries listed above: $125m approx

Last edited:
Maxi Kleber is a ideal target who can play PF or C starting or backing up Sabonis, amazing defender and can shoot some he's going to be a free agent end of this year only concern might be he does miss sometime to injury. I would offer like a 2 year 25-30mil deal just for impact alone. You kill two birds with one stone their and than you focus on a athletic/big SF. If the Mavs extend Wood (pun not intended) and don't clear cap space going to be tough to resign him.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Maxi Kleber is a ideal target who can play PF or C starting or backing up Sabonis, amazing defender and can shoot some he's going to be a free agent end of this year only concern might be he does miss sometime to injury. I would offer like a 2 year 25-30mil deal just for impact alone. You kill two birds with one stone their and than you focus on a athletic/big SF. If the Mavs extend Wood (pun not intended) and don't clear cap space going to be tough to resign him.
Maxi signed an extension earlier in this season which might actually make him easier to acquire in the offseason when the Mavs inevitably have to clear cap space to re-sign Wood.

As Tetsujin pointed out, he is signed until 2025-26. It was a good suggestion though.

Grant Williams for me but there is at least a little worry about how a role player looks when leaving a contending team. Sometimes they shine and sometimes they were a product of the system. I haven’t seen enough Celtics games to have a strong opinion on Grant but I’ve like what I’ve seen in the games I have caught.
yeah been a fan of Grant but is more a 4 5 defender who is helped by Rob Williams.

With the Suns literally imploding before our very eyes (3 games below .500 and the 12th seed), I’m starting to wonder if a soon to be 27 year old role playing forward on a big contract is attractive to them? The worse they end up, the easier it might be for us to steal him.

I’m back to leaning towards Cam Johnson again, and I think he fits McNair’s type of target:
  • Underrated (both on offense & defense)
  • Not flashy
  • Not overly athletic
  • Smart/high IQ player
  • Unselfish
  • High character
  • Hard worker

Huerter, Johnson, and Murray would be a nightmare for opposing defenses to try and chase around the perimeter. All take ~8 3PA per 36 min and hit them at a 40%+ clip. Good luck trying to stop an offense with an elite paint penetrator in Fox, a low post scoring and passing savant in Sabonis, and three high volume, elite movement shooters in Huerter, Johnson, and Murray. Not to mention a bench led by Monk, Barnes, & Lyles would be one of the best benches in the league (if not the best).

On defense, Huerter, Johnson, and Murray all have the IQ and size/length to be solid team defenders (and I think Johnson and Murray are/can be solid 1-on-1 defenders). Don’t get me wrong though. Defense will still be our weak point but the hope is that we’d have a historically great offense with a great bench. If we can play great team defense with Mike Brown leading the charge, maybe we can get over the hump.

The issue becomes trying to pry him away as a RFA considering he was just included in a deal for Durant. Since they already have Bridges, Finney-Smith, O’Neale, Simmons, and Harris who can all play SF/PF, perhaps a Mitchell/Holmes package can get it done as it gives them a young PG to go along with their other wings giving us a rotation of…

PG - Fox / Monk
SG - Huerter / Edwards
SF - Johnson / Barnes
PF - Murray / Lyles
C - Sabonis / MLE FA C

I’m back to leaning towards Cam Johnson again, and I think he fits McNair’s type of target:
  • Not flashy
  • Not overly athletic
  • Smart/high IQ player
  • Unselfish
  • High character
  • Hard worker

Huerter, Johnson, and Murray would be a nightmare for opposing defenses to try and chase around the perimeter. All take ~8 3PA per 36 min and hit them at a 40%+ clip. Good luck trying to stop an offense with an elite paint penetrator in Fox, a low post scoring and passing savant in Sabonis, and three high volume, elite movement shooters in Huerter, Johnson, and Murray. Not to mention a bench led by Monk, Barnes, & Lyles would be one of the best benches in the league (if not the best).

On defense, Huerter, Johnson, and Murray all have the IQ and size/length to be solid team defenders (and I think Johnson and Murray are/can be solid 1-on-1 defenders). Don’t get me wrong though. Defense will still be our weak point but the hope is that we’d have a historically great offense with a great bench. If we can play great team defense with Mike Brown leading the charge, maybe we can get over the hump.

The issue becomes trying to pry him away as a RFA considering he was just included in a deal for Durant. Since they already have Bridges, Finney-Smith, O’Neale, Simmons, and Harris who can all play SF/PF, perhaps a Mitchell/Holmes package can get it done as it gives them a young PG to go along with their other wings giving us a rotation of…

PG - Fox / Monk
SG - Huerter / Edwards
SF - Johnson / Barnes
PF - Murray / Lyles
C - Sabonis / MLE FA C
Yes on Johnson please, would fit perfect here.

The only answer is Jermami Grant. Above average defender, shoots the 3, blocks some shots, don’t need the ball in his hands, and is a dawg. I’d pay him $23M a year, deescalating 4 year contract to replace Barnes

The only answer is Jermami Grant. Above average defender, shoots the 3, blocks some shots, don’t need the ball in his hands, and is a dawg. I’d pay him $23M a year, deescalating 4 year contract to replace Barnes
He is a great theoretical fit on paper but I have a few concerns which give me pause:
  1. He’s 29 which is a bit older than our core. I think McNair is trying to establish a core that can grow together
  2. I question his desire to put the team first and play unselfishly. He seems to prefer being the man on a lesser team vs. taking a lesser role on a great team. Makes me nervous adding someone like that to our locker room and how that would impact our team chemistry
  3. He wants to get paid. He turned down a $112 mil/4 year extension from the Blazers this year. That’s $28 mil a year but you think he’ll come here for $23 mil in the 1st year and declining after that (so really a ~$21 mil a year contract)?

He seems like a risky signing that could cap us out while potentially disrupting our chemistry and the synergistic effect we seem to have. It seems like one of those home run or strikeout sort of signings.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
The contract situation in Atlanta is very intriguing. The guy I'm looking at is Onyeka Okongwu -- he's only got one year left on his rookie contract. They just extended Bogi another 4 years for $17 million per season. I would assume that retaining Dejounte Murray has to be a priority for them which would put them way into luxury tax territory before they even offer a dime to Okongwu. Either they unload a ton of salary for expirings this off-season or before the trade deadline next season (certainly possible if the team continues to under-perform) or there's no way they can match decent offers for any of their restricted free agents. Saddiq Bey is also going to be a restricted free agent in the summer of 2024.

There's a few free agent possibilities for the SF/PF spot this summer which could help us but none that I'm comfortable paying market rates for. I'm still focused on 2024 which is going to be the best free agent crop in quite awhile. May ideal plan is to sign a short-term deal or re-sign Barnes on a front-loaded contract to try to retain as much space as we can for 2024. I would also be strongly against packaging Keegan Murray for anyone at this point -- especially knowing that we can max out a free agent in 2024 if we play our cards right and not give up any core pieces.

Last edited:
The contract situation in Atlanta is very intriguing. The guy I'm looking at is Onyeka Okongwu -- he's only got one year left on his rookie contract. They just extended Bogi another 4 years for $17 million per season. I would assume that retaining Dejounte Murray has to be a priority for them which would put them way into luxury tax territory before they even offer a dime to Okongwu. Either they unload a ton of salary for expirings this off-season or before the trade deadline next season (certainly possible if the team continues to under-perform) or there's no way they can match decent offers for any of their restricted free agents. Saddiq Bey is also going to be a restricted free agent in the summer of 2024.

There's a few free agent possibilities for the SF/PF spot this summer which could help us but none that I'm comfortable paying market rates for. I'm still focused on 2024 which is going to be the best free agent crop in quite awhile. May ideal plan is to sign a short-term deal or re-sign Barnes on a front-loaded contract to try to retain as much space as we can for 2024. I would also be strongly against packaging Keegan Murray for anyone at this point -- especially knowing that we can max out a free agent in 2024 if we play our cards right and not give up any core pieces.
I don’t like the Okongwu target. He’s not a complementary piece to Fox & Sabonis considering his inability to stretch the floor.

I can get behind targeting a 2024 FA but it’d mean we’d have to shed Holmes contract, avoid signing our 2023 FAs like Lyles, Davis, etc. to 2+ year deals, and say goodbye to 1 or 2 of Barnes, Monk, Mitchell, & 2023 SAC1st.

For example, during the 2023 off-season, we could resign Barnes to a $60 mil/4 year deal and resign Lyles, Davis, & Metu to 1+1 deals giving us a 2023-24 roster of:

PG - Fox / Mitchell / Ellis
SG - Huerter / Monk / Davis
SF - Murray / Edwards / Dozier
PF - Barnes / Lyles
C - Sabonis / Metu / Holmes / Queta
2023 Picks - SAC 1st / IND 2nd / SAC 2nd

Then in the 2024 off-season, let’s say we use who we drafted with our 2023 1st to shed Holmes’ contract in a salary dump type trade, and we waive/give up bird rights to Ellis, Monk, Davis, Edwards, Dozier, Lyles, Metu, Queta, 2023 IND 2nd, & 2023 SAC 2nd, we’d only have $25.76 mil in cap space. That would allow us to offer a max of $111.06 mil/4 years (~$27.77 mil/year).

Is that enough to land a Jaylen Brown, Pascal Siakam, or Anthony Davis? No, and not even close in my opinion. A 7-9 year max will be $42.9 mil in the 1st year. You’d likely have to sell off Barnes (and maybe Mitchell) for cap space to have a chance at one of those guys.

The next tier is likely Anunoby who would be a perfect fit with this core (both in skillset & age). Would a $27.77 mil/year contract be enough? I hope so but my gut tells me we’d be outbid.

The next tier would likely be guys like Jaden McDaniels, Devin Vassell, & Aleksej Pokusevski. However, all of these guys would be RFAs. $27.77 mil/year might be enough to convince a team not to match but are these guys really that much better than Cam Johnson, Grant Williams, PJ Washington, etc.? Would it be better to maintain a lot of our depth and have one of Cam Johnson, Grant Williams, and PJ Washington or to lose a lot of our depth and have one of Jaden McDaniels, Devin Vassell, & Aleksej Pokusevski? I’d opt for the depth and Johnson/Williams/Washington.

So that really only leaves Anunoby as the only better outcome if we punt to the 2024 offseason. He’d be a perfect fit with our guys and would really help cover a lot of our defensive shortcomings but it’d be quite the risk. There’s a lot to like about a core of…

PG - Fox / Mitchell
SG - Huerter
SF - Murray / Barnes
PF - Anunoby
C - Sabonis

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I don’t like the Okongwu target. He’s not a complementary piece to Fox & Sabonis considering his inability to stretch the floor.

I can get behind targeting a 2024 FA but it’d mean we’d have to shed Holmes contract, avoid signing our 2023 FAs like Lyles, Davis, etc. to 2+ year deals, and say goodbye to 1 or 2 of Barnes, Monk, Mitchell, & 2023 SAC1st.

For example, during the 2023 off-season, we could resign Barnes to a $60 mil/4 year deal and resign Lyles, Davis, & Metu to 1+1 deals giving us a 2023-24 roster of:

PG - Fox / Mitchell / Ellis
SG - Huerter / Monk / Davis
SF - Murray / Edwards / Dozier
PF - Barnes / Lyles
C - Sabonis / Metu / Holmes / Queta
2023 Picks - SAC 1st / IND 2nd / SAC 2nd

Then in the 2024 off-season, let’s say we use who we drafted with our 2023 1st to shed Holmes’ contract in a salary dump type trade, and we waive/give up bird rights to Ellis, Monk, Davis, Edwards, Dozier, Lyles, Metu, Queta, 2023 IND 2nd, & 2023 SAC 2nd, we’d only have $25.76 mil in cap space. That would allow us to offer a max of $111.06 mil/4 years (~$27.77 mil/year).

Is that enough to land a Jaylen Brown, Pascal Siakam, or Anthony Davis? No, and not even close in my opinion. A 7-9 year max will be $42.9 mil in the 1st year. You’d likely have to sell off Barnes (and maybe Mitchell) for cap space to have a chance at one of those guys.

The next tier is likely Anunoby who would be a perfect fit with this core (both in skillset & age). Would a $27.77 mil/year contract be enough? I hope so but my gut tells me we’d be outbid.

The next tier would likely be guys like Jaden McDaniels, Devin Vassell, & Aleksej Pokusevski. However, all of these guys would be RFAs. $27.77 mil/year might be enough to convince a team not to match but are these guys really that much better than Cam Johnson, Grant Williams, PJ Washington, etc.? Would it be better to maintain a lot of our depth and have one of Cam Johnson, Grant Williams, and PJ Washington or to lose a lot of our depth and have one of Jaden McDaniels, Devin Vassell, & Aleksej Pokusevski? I’d opt for the depth and Johnson/Williams/Washington.

So that really only leaves Anunoby as the only better outcome if we punt to the 2024 offseason. He’d be a perfect fit with our guys and would really help cover a lot of our defensive shortcomings but it’d be quite the risk. There’s a lot to like about a core of…

PG - Fox / Mitchell
SG - Huerter
SF - Murray / Barnes
PF - Anunoby
C - Sabonis
I don't think we need a floor spacer anymore. Kevin Huerter and Keegan Murray are doing a great job of it already and while Fox is streaky, he hits enough to keep the defense honest. Even Domas is knocking them down when he gets them this year. We need a defensive specialist way more than we need another spot-up shooter. Ideally we find someone who can do both. I also like OG Anunoby but it's good to have a plan B. Also, Okongwu is younger (only 22), likely cheaper, and can grow into being a spot-up shooter in our offense while being the lynchpin we've been missing defensively from day 1. His advanced stats compare favorably to Clint Capela this year -- he's just not getting enough run with Atlanta to blow up yet. I loved him in the draft -- I would have taken him top 3 -- and I think he'll be an All-Star in a few years, wherever he ends up.

I’m starting to find myself out on the ‘23 free agent class. I just don’t feel any of those guys offer enough of an upgrade over Barnes.

I’m clearly biased but I’m ready to commit to Keegan as a top three player after Fox and Sabonis next year. Give him the shots to grow. I’d rather re-sign Barnes, draft 2 swing for the fence types and continue to build chemistry for one more season. At next years trade deadline they will have a better idea of what we need and will have some tradeable contracts at that point.

• Not flashy
  • Not overly athletic
  • Smart/high IQ player
  • Unselfish
  • High character
  • Hard worker

PG - Fox / Monk
SG - Huerter / Edwards
SF - Johnson / Barnes
PF - Murray / Lyles
C - Sabonis / MLE FA C
The biggest issue is Davion has basically played himself back into the "core" over the last month. He's been straight up awesome. Just as he's getting comfortable in Brown's system, would this be the right time to flip him?

I've been having a hard time thinking what the right route is to go with this team. The top 8 (starters+Davion/Monk/Lyles) are just all so integral to our success this season and why we've been good. The issue with that is outside of a back-up C, there's no where to go improve the team lol.

My inclination is to dangle the FRP and that early Indy 2nd with Holmes and see what sort of upgrade you can get with that. Perhaps DFS range type of player? But I think I'd want to give this team one more year to see what really needs to be upgraded and the true holes are. That, and go bring over Vezenkov:

Fox || Mitchell
Huerter || Monk || Edwards || Ellis
Keegan || Edwards || Vezenkov
Barnes || Vezenkov || Lyles
Sabonis || Lyles || Queta

Basically give me an idea of what Keegan, Davion are going to be, if Kessler Edwards is more than a flash in the pan and if Queta and/or Ellis can fight for a rotation spot. Breaking up the best regular season offense in NBA history after 1 season seems a bit silly to me; especially when 7 of 8 of the core is still young or just entering their prime.

Any other FA or RFA means we aren't bringing Barnes back. Production wise, no one is flat out "better" than him outside of being younger and they certainly won't bring the same off-court/leadership qualities that HB does. Resigning Lyles and bringing over Vezenkov should be possible as an over the cap team.