Who is available as 6th-7th pick

I would like to see us trade our #1 for Danny Granger (if his knee checks out) and their #1.

Kings don't need to develop more young talent. Need a veteran and a SF, and Granger is both.

Thomas, Tyreke, Granger, Thompson and Cousins would be a pretty good starting five with Thornton, Patterson & Jimmer the 1st 3 off the bench.

Pacers are winning without Granger (thanks to FRESNO STATE'S Paul George), so I'm assuming DG is available.

Gary, you really must have something against Tyreke if you think his best fit in any sort of rotation is a Doug Christie role. Doug Christie didn't have his athleticism, elite ballhandling ability, and finishing ability, nor was he as good of a rebounder. I'd definitely be willing to puit Tyreke at the PG spot again. Probably not immediately, as his courtvision/passing ability needs to improve still, but the potential is there. For some reason, you think he is both a mediocre player with no upside and the worst PG in the universe. I disagree.

Last edited:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
For the role you're envisioning him in, he's absolutely not worth that. You and I differ in the role we want him in.
That's why it's going to be extremely interesting to see what Tyreke does get paid. It will give us an indication of what teams are seeing as his ultimate ceiling and ultimate role.

That's why it's going to be extremely interesting to see what Tyreke does get paid. It will give us an indication of what teams are seeing as his ultimate ceiling and ultimate role.
Keeping in mind of course, that teams can be wrong either way, just as 29 teams didn't even think your beloved Isaiah Thomas had a shot of being a valuable player in the league. Hard to really judge a player's ceiling until they're past 30. Some players blossom later in their careers.

Gary, you really must have something against Tyreke if you think his best fit in any sort of rotation is a Doug Christie role. Doug Christie didn't have his athleticism, elite ballhandling ability, and finishing ability, nor was he as good of a rebounder. I'd definitely be willing to puit Tyreke at the PG spot again. Probably not immediately, as his courtvision/passing ability needs to improve still, but the potential is there. For some reason, you think he is both a mediocre player with no upside and the worst PG in the universe. I disagree.
You kidding? That's a compliment from me. DC was a great ball handler for a SG, and someone that could spread the floor (not to mention he had a high BBall IQ). Believe me, comparing Evans to DC is a compliment from me. DC knew his role and played it VERY well, not to mention he punched Fox so all the better!

As for the bottom part I do think he's one of the worst PGs in the league if he's put there full time, but I have come to the conclusion on my end that I do not mind playing him there sporadically with the hopes that he could improve and maybe in the future get more time at that position.

I am not as worried about Evans though as I am about how long the scouting team gets to peruse the talent in the draft. I just don't want to end up with a low risk/low reward kind of guy like Zeller or Shabazz. I would much rather take a chance on a guy like Burke or McCollum.

I'd love to have Burke. He has a huge BBIQ, he's a willing passer, decently athletic, good finisher, and not a bad shooter either.

Mcollum is a pure scorer. In the few games I've seen him play in, he was good but he played like Brandon Knight or Andrew Goudelock-An SG in a PG's body. He's good, but not a fit for this team.

A guy who I really like is Jamaal Franklin. He can fit in comfortably at either the 2 or 3 spots, which is just what we need. He's a fantastic defender and rebounder, a willoing passer, and a high motor player. He's also a very underrated jumpshooter, and his stroke will get better with time. He could essentially provide everything that John Salmons lacks (which is pretty much everything.)

Last edited:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Keeping in mind of course, that teams can be wrong either way, just as 29 teams didn't even think your beloved Isaiah Thomas had a shot of being a valuable player in the league. Hard to really judge a player's ceiling until they're past 30. Some players blossom later in their careers.
Sure, they can be wrong. But it's nice to see what those outside the bubble are thinking about the Kings' players. Essentially, the "market" of NBA teams is going to be assigning Tyreke a valuation. They are going to be putting their money where there mouth is. It's not just an intellectual exercise.

I hope Otto Porter slides a little bit and he's available when we pick. He's the player I would love to get, but I would be ok with Burke too.

If the new ownership is willing to spend a lot for improving this team (and I'm pretty sure they are) I would also be ok with a long term project, maybe a big man like Len or Gobert.

You kidding? That's a compliment from me. DC was a great ball handler for a SG, and someone that could spread the floor (not to mention he had a high BBall IQ). Believe me, comparing Evans to DC is a compliment from me. DC knew his role and played it VERY well, not to mention he punched Fox so all the better!
Doug Christie may have been an above average ballhandler, but Tyreke is the standard upon which all ballhandlers should be judged. His slippery abilities, calm approach, and excellent coordination are just beautiful to watch, and his finishing ability is unparalleled. No, I assure that Tyreke is far more than a roleplayer, and though I personally think he was a boss as well, that's all Doug ever was.

I would like to see us trade our #1 for Danny Granger (if his knee checks out) and their #1.

Kings don't need to develop more young talent. Need a veteran and a SF, and Granger is both.

Thomas, Tyreke, Granger, Thompson and Cousins would be a pretty good starting five with Thornton, Patterson & Jimmer the 1st 3 off the bench.

Pacers are winning without Granger (thanks to FRESNO STATE'S Paul George), so I'm assuming DG is available.
I wonder if he is available too. If the Pacers have a weakness, it is perimeter scorring. They are thin at SG so I wonder if they would be interested in Thornton as a 6th man.

Thornton + Salmons (expiring) for Granger works financially and would arguably make them stronger than they are right now. May need some pick swapping as well but it's hard to gauge Granger's value right now coming off an injury and having a one year @ 14M left of his contract. He says he hopes to be back by training camp.

If it all fell the right way, getting him would be sweet. If he's healthy he's the kind of vet that we really need.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
your a little off base when it comes to Christie, but right about how to use Tyreke. Christie was a very good athlete. Probably more athletic than Tyreke, and Christie was an excellent ball handler and a great passer. People forget that he played PG in highschool and college. Your right about Tyreke being a great finisher, but then Tyreke is probably a better finisher than most players in the NBA. I'm a big Tyreke fan, but we don't have to disparage Christie to make our point.

I played that lottery game and got the Kings getting #1 as well.

One thing I am hoping for: If the Kings can't get a top 3 pick, then I hope Orlando gets #1. That way, they'll take Noel, and Burke might still be on the board whereever we land, as most of the other lottery teams have their PG.

Last edited:

One thing I am hoping for: If the Kings can't get a top 3 pick, then I hope Orlando gets #1. That way, they'll take Noel, and Burke might still be on the board whereever we land, as most of the other lottery teams have their PG.
will they though? aren't they kind of overloaded in the frontcourt with Nicholson, Harris, Vucevic and don't they really need a point guard? Moore isn't bad, don't get me wrong and Nelson isn't gone (yet), but if they get a chance to snag a potential all star PG, they're going to go for it, for sure.

Why wouldn't you want ud to take Noel? He bring exactly what we are looking for next to Cousins. Cousins-Noel front court duo would be beasting it up on the boards and complement each other in other areas. It's essentially bringing in a younger version of Dalembert with greater potential.

There are only 2 players in this draft that interest me and that's Noel and Porter. If we can't get either one of the two, I say trade the pick and get a piece that fits and addresses the need.

anyway, my conspiracy theory is that Kings will get the top 2 pick this year.

will they though? aren't they kind of overloaded in the frontcourt with Nicholson, Harris, Vucevic and don't they really need a point guard? Moore isn't bad, don't get me wrong and Nelson isn't gone (yet), but if they get a chance to snag a potential all star PG, they're going to go for it, for sure.
Well, from what I've heard, Arron Affalo isn't exactly a stud at the 2, and with no elite PG's available, they might target a (Mclemore) shooting guard.

I think he has potential as a spot up shooter, but I think if he has any dreams of being an offensive player, it's going to be as a low post back to basket type.

if we were to actually trade down, I'd be totally on board with drafting Dennis Schröder, if purely for patriotic reasons.
I don't like Shroeder much (no offense). He reminds me of a skinnier, slighlty more athletic Darren Collison. He's rail thin, and isn't a great playmaker-all in all, not what I'd be looking for when I give up a superior draft pick.

In a trade down, the guys I'd target are:
Tony Mitchell
Steve Adams
Reggie Bullock

Mitchell is a guy whose stock has plummeted due to poor (terrible) coaching and turmoil in his college program. Yet there's so much to like about him: defense, crazy athleticism, shooting, mobility, and versatillity(don't get fooled by this "tweener" talk, he can comfortably play both the 3 and 4). He'd need some serious teaching, which is why I'd target him only in a trade down with a new coach. But he's one of those guys that you just can't miss.

Adams is tough to put a finger on. In games at Pittsburg, he showed limited post moves while attempting almost no mid-range shots. His points came mainly from catch and finishes around the rim, putbacks, and points in transition. However, at the combine, he displayed a nice mid-range shooting touch and great mobility. If it turns out that the combine was the real deal, then he may be the perfect guy to put next to Cousins for the next decade. However, he's got so many question marks that I'd only take him late in a trade down.

Reggie Bullock is underrated. He's got Mad D, lights-out shooting, blow-you-away athleticism, and doesn't dominate the ball. He'd need to bulk up a bit to play the 3, but that's virtually the only flaw I can see in him. Put on ten, fifteen pounds, and he's our starting SF in an instant.

Last edited:
Adams played a lot better later in the season, is willing to do a lot of dirty work and now even shows touch on mid-range jumper - he's going top-10 with his physical ability.

Last edited by a moderator: