Who else is sick of everything revolving around LeBron!?..

The only two teams he should even consider are the Bulls and the Heat, every other team either has a bad suporting cast or they have a terrible track record of building contenders(New York, New Jersey).
I agree, I think Miami would be the best situation assuming Riley came out of the woodwork just because as much respect I have for Tom T as an assistant he's completely unproven as a head coach which is an invitation for James to walk all over him.

Yea, everyone at ESPN raves about how 'fascinating' the story is, Really? Fascinating? He's going to sign with a team, and Lebron is going to run it and they're never going to win anything.

I could care less. Im praying they all sign with the Heat ( Lebron/Wade/Bosh ) and they never win anything. Im sick of hearing everyone blame it on the 'team'. The Cavs had enough to win the title last season and they didnt. So let Lebron hand pick his coach, gm, team, and I cant wait to see that project fail year after year. James is entering the 'Favre' zone. This story is so out of control that after its over everyone is going to hate him. I already do.
Wow, I'm sorry, but this is one of the stupidest things I have ever read in my LIFE! You honestly believe his teammates are enough to win a ring? They are all roleplayers. His coach is an idiot. Their gm is an idiot. Why do you think they're both unemployed now? Browns substitutions sucked and ferry failed at bringing in a legit number 2 option. It's not that difficult when you have lebron in place to trade as much as you want away to bring in another star.

I really don't understand all the hate for lebron. I'm assuming all of you guys would hate it if tyreke ever reached lebron James' stature. What a bunch of nonsense.

There was a yahoo article posted a few weeks ago about Ferry's departure and Ferry's departure had more to do with ownership demanding that Ferry do more to acquiesce to LBJ than Ferry being incompetent. Brown was definitely a mediocre coach but any time he attempted to shift the Cavs to a more "team" oriented approach he was rebuffed by LeBron and his people. The reason everyone is out in Cleveland is because LeBron's people made it clear that if he is to stay he needs to run the show. The guy clearly has the talent but if he actually believes he can will any team to a win on his own as well as moonlight as coach and GM then that is a serious problem. MJ and Kobe only won when they had a coach strong enough to put them in their place come in with ownership's full backing but Cleveland's ownership is so scared of losing LeBron that they determined the best way to keep him is give into his every whim.

I think this is the one:
Ferry convinced Gilbert to step back, let him do his job. But more and more, the owner’s impulsive need to inject himself into everything took over the franchise. Most of all, Gilbert had become the biggest enabler of LeBron James and his inner circle, and that only promises to get worse. Ferry never loved the players’ pregame skits, the hiring of James’ buddies, the associates’ riding on the team plane, but Gilbert seldom said no to anything. He behaved like the permissive parent who believed his kid would love him more if he spoiled him rotten. And it got the Cavs a superstar, James, who never respected anyone and a cast of associates who had the run of the place. Had James wanted Ferry to still be the GM, Gilbert would’ve backed down and Ferry would have a new contract.

“Danny’s been miserable for the past two years,” a friend of his told Yahoo! Sports. “Even if they kept LeBron, do you still lose for winning there anyway?”

Ferry fought to retain Brown, but Gilbert, a staunch Michigan State man, is determined to hire away Tom Izzo. Unless James tells him he wants John Calipari, and then they’ll hire John Calipari. As much as anything, the Cavaliers are giving the franchise completely over to James and his inner circle now. Whatever he wants to stay, he’ll get. Now, Ferry isn’t there to play the wet blanket anymore. He never feared fighting Gilbert on issues because he had stature, money and, truth be told, he didn’t need the job.

Wow, I'm sorry, but this is one of the stupidest things I have ever read in my LIFE! You honestly believe his teammates are enough to win a ring? They are all roleplayers. His coach is an idiot. Their gm is an idiot. Why do you think they're both unemployed now? Browns substitutions sucked and ferry failed at bringing in a legit number 2 option. It's not that difficult when you have lebron in place to trade as much as you want away to bring in another star.

I really don't understand all the hate for lebron. I'm assuming all of you guys would hate it if tyreke ever reached lebron James' stature. What a bunch of nonsense.
Because Lebron wanted it to be so. Duh.

There is no denying that their coach was a dumb-dumb. But I think it's really really lame for a team to do so well in the regular season, be highly favoured to reach the finals...and then when they don't people blame the coach, GM and everyone but Lebron. If the team was truly so incompetent it would have shown throughout the season. No one was complaining that Jamison wasn't doing enough, that he wasn't good enough. A couple years back the same could have been said about Mo Williams. But when it's all said and done it's always these guys' faults and never King James'.

LeBron James is a superstar, and a big one at that. But I feel that Cleveland has accommodated him far beyond any sensible amount and so far he's (indirectly) just blamed the Cavs' lack of success on others.

Last edited:

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
I'm sick of the LBJ soap opera

LBJ is going to Chicago, the best place for him

Boozer goes to Miami and maybe Chris Paul as well

Bosh to Lakers for Bynum and Mr. Kardashian

Kings only use 1/2 or less of their $15 cap space this year

I can deal with the Lebron hype and stuff as he is the NBA's new poster child, but it's the Bosh coverage that truly makes me sick. He will never win a thing in this league mark my words.

I'm sick of the LBJ soap opera

LBJ is going to Chicago, the best place for him

Boozer goes to Miami and maybe Chris Paul as well

Bosh to Lakers for Bynum and Mr. Kardashian

Kings only use 1/2 or less of their $15 cap space this year
i seriously hope you are wrong with this prediction. i cant bear the lakers getting there own west coast version of a big three. kobe, gasol, and bosh...:( i hope most of the big free agents go to the east and if the west were to get someone, i'd prefer they go to houston. we saw what adelman could do with good players, i want to see what he can do with another star added to a healthy yao.

i seriously hope you are wrong with this prediction. i cant bear the lakers getting there own west coast version of a big three. kobe, gasol, and bosh...:( i hope most of the big free agents go to the east and if the west were to get someone, i'd prefer they go to houston. we saw what adelman could do with good players, i want to see what he can do with another star added to a healthy yao.
I think Bosh goes to Miami or NY. Surely Toronto will force the incoming team to take Hedo too and they will take back Beasley or a re-signed David Lee. Should beat anything LA or Houston can do.

That's his nickname, calm down. NBA/sports nicknames are usually pretentious.

There is only a certain amount of interest the media can generate. If people truly were not interested, they would stop clicking on Lebron/free agency articles, switch the station when the topic came up on the radio, change the channel when Lebron/free agency topics came up, etc. But they don't. If there were poor ratings and low hits for Lebron/free agency topics you really think the media would continue with the heavy coverage?

I understand you are tired of the coverage, but you can't fault the media, it's a big topic and many people are interested.
I am calm…You know, at first I really didn’t care about the King stuff but (maybe it has to do with the non-stop coverage) over these last couple years it’s just annoying. And yeah I know it’s just a nickname but I have a feeling that he believes that he’s the King, and sure it’s understandable with all the media/fan/friend/anything/everything attention he receives why wouldn’t he….It doesn’t help that he also has “chosen one” tattooed on his back.

I also wasn’t talking about the Lebron story but yeah, the media can shove their story down the publics throat enough to gather attention (whether it’s positive or negative). And yes, that goes to a certain extent as well.

Just to clarify, I don’t hate Lebron. I like the guy and would love to have him here, but I’m tired of this particular story being run and run for 2 years straight. And I think that will turn a lot of people off.

The only two teams he should even consider are the Bulls and the Heat, every other team either has a bad suporting cast or they have a terrible track record of building contenders(New York, New Jersey).
Did I miss something but when did the Bulls ever come into the mix? It seemed as soon as the Cavs got eliminated Chicago just instantly became 1 of the top places for him to land…But if he does go to the Bulls I can see him being in Michael Jordan’s shadow, and I’d be curious to see if he’d be a “failure” if he never gets the amount of rings that Michael has achieved.

But don’t you think that Lebron had a hand in most if not all trades/hirings? He chose his coach and he got the players that he asked for (Shaq, Jamison, Mo, whoever). He also has to accept responsibility for that.

I agree with you to a certain point but you also have to look at who controlled it. And this is where I think players should be players and GMs should be GMs. Just because you’re a really good/great player doesn’t mean you know how to run a team or know what’s best for it.

'Dream Team'

LeBron James is calling the possible union of Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and of course, the King himself, "Dream Team."

Those were the words James used when he reached out to another free agent in the past 10 days and pitched the idea of joining them.

"He said, 'Would you be willing to take less to join Dream Team?'" the player, who did not want to be identified, told the Daily News. "He said his people were putting it together."

That conversation lends credence to reports that James will join Bosh and Wade in Miami. In that scenario, Pat Riley will likely return to the sidelines and coach the Heat.

However, there is a twist because with LeBron there always is. There was a report out of Cleveland Tuesday quoting a person close to the Cavs' free agent as saying that the club still has an edge in re-signing him. There were other reports that James is leaning toward joining the Chicago Bulls.

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ames_from_dream_team_in_miami_with_dwyan.html

Entity

Hall of Famer
yeah I am hating what this is turning into. It has been tried alot throught the year just nobody has ever done it this early in their careers. Pippen, Barkley, Hakeem in Houston Garnett, Pierce, Allen in Boston. all those guys wait late in their careers to get together and go for a ring. I don't think all 3 will be on the same team but I think Bosh will either be with Wade or James. Hey can't be much worse than Shaq and Kobe. Detroit took them down without 2 true superstars and we were one referee from taking them down.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Personally, I just hate what the NBA is turning into, which is almost like a fantasy NBA game where instead of working and developing your team, you just set everything up for FA and get your whole core from FA and win that way. I am rooting for most of the FAs to stay with their team and I just feel it isn't right if it turns into a time when after their rookie contracts, most players jump ship onto another team.
Excellent take, at least for a number of teams. Back in the "good old days" before free agency you could see rookies come onto the team, develop with the team and even retire with the team. You the fan felt a close bond with a lot of the players of your favorite team. Now it's all too often just a casual relationship where you actually try not to care too much about a player for fear he'll just be passing through.

Yeah I'm sick of it. I don't know how one guy can get that much attention. I bet he loves it. Screw you lebron queen of attention. Kings or GTFO

Excellent take, at least for a number of teams. Back in the "good old days" before free agency you could see rookies come onto the team, develop with the team and even retire with the team. You the fan felt a close bond with a lot of the players of your favorite team. Now it's all too often just a casual relationship where you actually try not to care too much about a player for fear he'll just be passing through.
This is pretty nuts, but it's not like the teams that have all this cap space haven't been working the last two or three years to be able to put this opportunity together. Think about it, we've been trying to get under the cap for four years, and were just barely able to free up a few million with the Martin trade. That was February. In order to get $30-40 million in cap space, you've got to plan ahead for a long time and make things happen. I think the GMs who are in position to make offers to one or two top flight free agents this summer deserve some credit for putting themselves in that position.

And to be honest, there's three ways to improve your team as a GM: 1) the Draft, 2) free agency, 3) trades. There's no reason to ignore any of those aspects, especially one that can turn your team into a contender overnight if you play your cards right. This is the height of the free agency era. With a new CBA coming in the NBA and the NFL, we'll probably never see this again. Baseball is a horse of a different color, but there might be changes there as well. I'm enjoying it.

WTF! :eek:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5359255

"LeBron James is planning to announce the team with which he will sign during a one-hour special on ESPN Thursday night, ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard has learned through independent sources."

Why don't they just get Ryan Seacrest to host it? "We'll find out what team Lebron's signing with......................after the break.............." :rolleyes:

My goodness you guys need to get off the Haterade. At least he's doing the show for a good reason

Those sources said that James' representatives requested they be allowed to sell sponsorship for the one-hour special, with the proceeds going to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, and that ESPN agreed to the proposal but had not been told what James has decided.
Sure the publicity factor kicks in. But gosh saying that you dont want him on your team just because the media attention is just ludacris.

Well that's a big relief that in addition to getting his jawdroppingly attention-sucking vanity special, he isn't making a profit off of it too. I'm sure the motivation was nothing more than looking for new and creative ways to raise money for charity. Nice attempt at inoculating against criticism though. :rolleyes:

I hadn't complained a bit about his free agency path up to this point. I never said I wouldn't take him on my team; I called that sentiment stupid. This need to make this more than a press event and into a momentous occasion for the ages is over the top. Call a normal press conference, and then take a tiny fraction of that contract and write a fat check for the kids.

What's amazing is that a reader wrote to Bill Simmons predicting a televised event for this back in November of last year (he called it "Lebron's Choice"), suggesting he sell the rights to ABC (ESPN is close enough) and sell advertising for the show. Very first question in the column: http://tinyurl.com/ygktbd2. I very clearly remember thinking to myself how ridiculous these two were for suggesting it at the time.

I like the alternative title for it though: "The LeBrachelor Season Finale Special Event"

Like a lot of other people, I groaned when they announced this thing, but it doesn't make it any less smart. As someone who wants him to go back to his hometown, you have to wonder though: why would he have such a grand procession just to announce that he's re-signing? More than ever, I'm glad I'm not from Cleveland right now.

PS, Slim, that gif was phenomenal.

Last edited:
When I first saw the news about the special last night my thought was that he has to be going back to Cleveland. Now that the reports are out about Bosh headed to Miami I am definitely thinking that is the case.

1) This special is absolutely ridiculous.
2) There's no way he has a special to make the announcement that HE is joining lesser names that have already announced (Amare NY, Bosh Miami).
3) I don't believe NJ and LAC were ever truly in play.
4) Jordan never had a ridiculous special to announce his new deal and LBJ doing so to announce signing with Jordan's team could be perceived by many as upstaging the GOAT.
5) This special is absolutely ridiculous and could backfire huge unless he makes the "right" decision, which many perceive to be staying in Cleveland.

So he has a silly special, gives all the proceeds to charity, does the "right" thing by re-signing with his hometown team, dedicates the special to talking about how it always being a dream to play for the home team and he wants to join the legends of the game by being a one team guy and not a mercenary, blah blah blah ... all the sudden his image is almost immediately cleaned back up, the special is celebrated, he becomes a role model for other free agents. Big win for King James.

That's my guess.

So he has a silly special, gives all the proceeds to charity, does the "right" thing by re-signing with his hometown team, dedicates the special to talking about how it always being a dream to play for the home team and he wants to join the legends of the game by being a one team guy and not a mercenary, blah blah blah ... all the sudden his image is almost immediately cleaned back up, the special is celebrated, he becomes a role model for other free agents, and the Cavs continue to lose in the 2nd round for years to come...
Added. ;)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
3) I don't believe NJ and LAC were ever truly in play.
While I agree on the Clippers, it's hard for me to believe that NJ was never in play.
1. It's essentially New York. Even if it's not the Knicks it's still the #1 media market and the biggest city in town.
2. In a few years, they'll be in Brooklyn, so they'll be New York proper, and they'll be the first major sports franchise in Brooklyn since the Dodgers left.
3. They have a much better existing lineup than the Knicks (Lopez, Harris, and the potential of Favors, T-Will) so he'd be stepping in to a better situation, a team that should be a contender without really having to do anything else once LeBron is added.
4. With LeBron, contention, and Brooklyn, the Nets could become the #1 team in the New York market, surpassing the Knicks. Imagine this line, "Not only is LeBron the player that brought a championship back to New York, he's the player that singlehandedly dethroned the Knicks from being the kings of the NY media market." Yeah, that'd stroke his ego.

Honestly, it's a better package than the Knicks can offer. LeBron goes to the Knicks and I think not only do the Knicks struggle until they build around him, but I think the franchise stands above LeBron...and the way they are, they don't NEED him to be the top of the market. LeBron goes to the Nets and LeBron stands above the franchise. He pulls them up to be the most profitable franchise in basketball, and he does it sooner. How can that not be in play?

While I agree on the Clippers, it's hard for me to believe that NJ was never in play.
1. It's essentially New York. Even if it's not the Knicks it's still the #1 media market and the biggest city in town.
2. In a few years, they'll be in Brooklyn, so they'll be New York proper, and they'll be the first major sports franchise in Brooklyn since the Dodgers left.
3. They have a much better existing lineup than the Knicks (Lopez, Harris, and the potential of Favors, T-Will) so he'd be stepping in to a better situation, a team that should be a contender without really having to do anything else once LeBron is added.
4. With LeBron, contention, and Brooklyn, the Nets could become the #1 team in the New York market, surpassing the Knicks. Imagine this line, "Not only is LeBron the player that brought a championship back to New York, he's the player that singlehandedly dethroned the Knicks from being the kings of the NY media market." Yeah, that'd stroke his ego.

Honestly, it's a better package than the Knicks can offer. LeBron goes to the Knicks and I think not only do the Knicks struggle until they build around him, but I think the franchise stands above LeBron...and the way they are, they don't NEED him to be the top of the market. LeBron goes to the Nets and LeBron stands above the franchise. He pulls them up to be the most profitable franchise in basketball, and he does it sooner. How can that not be in play?
I agree with all your points, and I do believe that no matter how it plays out when they get to Brooklyn they will dethrone the Knicks at least in the short run, but there were widespread reports of 2nd meetings with NYK, Chicago, Miami and Cleveland, I never heard a report of a second meeting with the Nets which is why I drew the conclusion they aren't in play. Did I miss something? And while the media speculation obviously means very little it seemed the Nets were chasing Amare more than anyone else from reports, it just seemed to me that NJ took themselves out of the running as much as anything else.

Look at how Kevin Durant handled his extension and compare that to LeBron and his "me-fest". I'm hoping karma steps up to the plate here and pushes LeBron into the catagory of stars who never won a ring. Durant is class, LeBron is crass.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Look at how Kevin Durant handled his extension and compare that to LeBron and his "me-fest". I'm hoping karma steps up to the plate here and pushes LeBron into the catagory of stars who never won a ring. Durant is class, LeBron is crass.
Sure, let's conveniently forget that LeBron James did the same thing that Durant did when he had the opportunity to sign an extension at his three-year mark. Whether there's any circus like this when Durant reaches ETO remains to be seen.