Who else is sick of everything revolving around LeBron!?..

This stupid sweepstakes has completely hijack the sport in every way. . You can't even watch the Post draft show on NBAtv without 30 minutes of "Well how will this going to affect Lebron?"... its so lame!

Sign with someone and STFU already you drama queen!

You can count me in. I am so sick of it.

It's true that where he ends up is very important and will affect the league, but it seems like I can't go for 5 minutes without hearing someting about LeBron. Sometimes I just need a break.

I don't know... To be completely honest, I'm kinda glad it's all about LeBron cause I'd hate to see them talking about the Lakers champion or anything about K-O-B-E....

i think part of it is the fact that the kings have no chance of getting him. if we were a cavs, bulls, knicks, or heat fan, we would be posting about every word we heard about it.

i think part of it is the fact that the kings have no chance of getting him. if we were a cavs, bulls, knicks, or heat fan, we would be posting about every word we heard about it.
Not exactly ... the amount of coverage they do is really a little overboard. I mean, this free agency has been seriously discussed since bout 2 years back, and now it's still being discussed and even more extensively. For me it's all about the invasion of it into other things, like the OP said - everything is in relation to LeBron. Bulls trade = Lebron. Drafting this guy = Lebron. It's as if every program or article you read is about team analysis and there is one team need in common for every team - Lebron.

Like ughh at least give the draft a little space man .. can't all the talk wait till he actually signs somewhere? It's not as if we don't know which teams are in the run for him...

Yea, everyone at ESPN raves about how 'fascinating' the story is, Really? Fascinating? He's going to sign with a team, and Lebron is going to run it and they're never going to win anything.

I could care less. Im praying they all sign with the Heat ( Lebron/Wade/Bosh ) and they never win anything. Im sick of hearing everyone blame it on the 'team'. The Cavs had enough to win the title last season and they didnt. So let Lebron hand pick his coach, gm, team, and I cant wait to see that project fail year after year. James is entering the 'Favre' zone. This story is so out of control that after its over everyone is going to hate him. I already do.

The league really does revolve around Lebron. And his power was felt in this draft. 2 teams traded away their #1 picks just to have a chance at signing Lebron.

Yea, everyone at ESPN raves about how 'fascinating' the story is, Really? Fascinating? He's going to sign with a team, and Lebron is going to run it and they're never going to win anything.

I could care less. Im praying they all sign with the Heat ( Lebron/Wade/Bosh ) and they never win anything. Im sick of hearing everyone blame it on the 'team'. The Cavs had enough to win the title last season and they didnt. So let Lebron hand pick his coach, gm, team, and I cant wait to see that project fail year after year. James is entering the 'Favre' zone. This story is so out of control that after its over everyone is going to hate him. I already do.
I've already put in my two cents, but I can't agree more. The blame on the team seems like it's just become a popular excuse and I won't be surprised if he assembles his perfect team and still doesn't manage to pull through.

I want to say that I can't wait for when this whole free agency period is over, but as soon as he signs with ______, the media won't stop speculating what will happen next or how many wins they've gotten or if it was the right move. Just something we need to get used to I guess.

I don't care one bit where LeBron goes or if he goes. Never have. Has nothing to do with my Kings fanhood. What I do care about is when reading my daily NBA rumors on line I have to scroll through all the LeBron-Wade-Bosh-whoever stuff to get to things of interest. I have to look long enough to see if one of those names is mentioned and then sklp on to the next paragraph. It's been that way for the whole past year and I really doen't give a rat's ***.

Personally, I just hate what the NBA is turning into, which is almost like a fantasy NBA game where instead of working and developing your team, you just set everything up for FA and get your whole core from FA and win that way. I am rooting for most of the FAs to stay with their team and I just feel it isn't right if it turns into a time when after their rookie contracts, most players jump ship onto another team.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
When a team can trade out of the draft entirely to free space to sign a guy that may not even sign with them and be declared the big winner then this indeed has gone too far.

Could be worse. We could be dealing with "will Phil be back?"

story is interesting if you're in NY, CHI, or LA, basically the big markets.

L

Lafayette

I think LeBron should do the right thing and do a SIGN and TRADE and not leave Clevelend with nothing. I think that a good fit is a team like the Warriors, trade Monte to Cleveland along with Randolph and a draft pick.... you know in the end he's resigning with Cleveland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, this is all very good for the league. Basketball has fallen way behind football and baseball in the US. There is a lot of hype right now that could reach fans that have forgotten about the NBA. LeBron is a pretty good cover boy for the NBA and what he decides to do will have major major impact on the rest of free agency. Of course they will be over-covering it. I can put up with it since I'd love to see more fans following the game.

There wouldn't be such heavy attention if nobody cared.

No need to be "haters" or have sour grapes over it since the Kings aren't seriously involved. If you love the NBA this should be interesting since there are so many high-profile, high-impact, free agents floating around. Also, aren't you intrigued of which city will get completely screwed? Trust me, one city will be completely screwed, I can't wait. :D

And yeah, like people mentioned already we are in that black hole of sports coverage when the NBA season ended, we're in the middle of the MLB grind, and the NFL season hasn't started yet.

yeah but i thought you were not suppose to even have contact with a FA. steve kerr got fined for just mentioning the possibility of signing lebron.

Not only am I sick and tired of hearing about Lebron, but I’m also tired of people calling him King James. The King stuff needs to stop. He hasn’t done anything just yet and people are kissing his feet.

The guy practically built his team (he chose his coach, the incoming players, he’s practically gotten the keys to the whole organization) and if he bolts that would be the biggest slap in the face to not only the Cavs organization but also the fans…I personally believe that Lebron should just play and let the organization worry about sign and trades and his next coach. And maybe they can get somebody that can tell him how to get even better.

There wouldn't be such heavy attention if nobody cared.

No need to be "haters" or have sour grapes over it since the Kings aren't seriously involved. If you love the NBA this should be interesting since there are so many high-profile, high-impact, free agents floating around. Also, aren't you intrigued of which city will get completely screwed? Trust me, one city will be completely screwed, I can't wait. :D

And yeah, like people mentioned already we are in that black hole of sports coverage when the NBA season ended, we're in the middle of the MLB grind, and the NFL season hasn't started yet.
The media also likes to create “interest.” Just because they talk about it doesn’t mean that people care or don’t care. And I’m not talking about this story but it’s gotten ridiculous and beyond tiresome to listen to and read.

I hate when people don’t like something and others call them “haters” for it. I’d love for Lebron to come here, but I don’t have problems with all this over-exposure of Lebron because we’re not involved. I don’t like it because it’s gotten too much and for 2 long. Just too much of him in every story. They can talk about the sky and then Lebron would be mentioned in it. This story has been played out since 2 years ago. I’m just tired of hearing about what he’s going to do.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
To me it has nothing to do with sour grapes because the Kings aren't involved, it's about one player acting like he is bigger than the game. Call me crazy but I'm glad he isn't in the mix for the Kings because right now it doesn't appear that he is ready to make the sacrifices needed to win a championship. Jordan had to be reeled in. Kobe had to be reeled in. The Cavs however just kept giving in to anything he wanted for fear he'd leave them. And he probably still will. At what point what are the odds that he'll morph into a team player? Of all the teams in the mix I predict that unless he goes to Miami and Riley comes out from behind the curtain that he is going to run all over his new coach and it will be the LeBron James show every night and it will be great until the playoffs.

I'd love him to prove me wrong but things like going on Larry King Live at the start of the NBA finals to talk about his free agency are a slap in the face to the game.

Not only am I sick and tired of hearing about Lebron, but I’m also tired of people calling him King James. The King stuff needs to stop. He hasn’t done anything just yet and people are kissing his feet.
That's his nickname, calm down. NBA/sports nicknames are usually pretentious.

The media also likes to create “interest.” Just because they talk about it doesn’t mean that people care or don’t care. And I’m not talking about this story but it’s gotten ridiculous and beyond tiresome to listen to and read.

There is only a certain amount of interest the media can generate. If people truly were not interested, they would stop clicking on Lebron/free agency articles, switch the station when the topic came up on the radio, change the channel when Lebron/free agency topics came up, etc. But they don't. If there were poor ratings and low hits for Lebron/free agency topics you really think the media would continue with the heavy coverage?

I understand you are tired of the coverage, but you can't fault the media, it's a big topic and many people are interested.

To me it has nothing to do with sour grapes because the Kings aren't involved, it's about one player acting like he is bigger than the game. Call me crazy but I'm glad he isn't in the mix for the Kings because right now it doesn't appear that he is ready to make the sacrifices needed to win a championship. Jordan had to be reeled in. Kobe had to be reeled in. The Cavs however just kept giving in to anything he wanted for fear he'd leave them. And he probably still will. At what point what are the odds that he'll morph into a team player? Of all the teams in the mix I predict that unless he goes to Miami and Riley comes out from behind the curtain that he is going to run all over his new coach and it will be the LeBron James show every night and it will be great until the playoffs.

I'd love him to prove me wrong but things like going on Larry King Live at the start of the NBA finals to talk about his free agency are a slap in the face to the game.
maybe its not sour grapes but its funny when i hear people (not just kings fans) say they dont want a good/great player when they have no chance of getting them. they say "i dont want so and so on my team anyways. he's not a team player, he's a ball hog" or whatever. jordan had pippen, kobe complained when he had no one, so they got him gasol, lebron wanted help and they tried but couldnt get him a legit #2. i dont blame him(or wade/bosh/amare for that matter) if he wants to go to a team that can sign 2 stars. as long as he goes anywhere except to the lakers, i hope the best for him. i personally would like to see a team with a couple stars on it

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
maybe its not sour grapes but its funny when i hear people (not just kings fans) say they dont want a good/great player when they have no chance of getting them. they say "i dont want so and so on my team anyways. he's not a team player, he's a ball hog" or whatever. jordan had pippen, kobe complained when he had no one, so they got him gasol, lebron wanted help and they tried but couldnt get him a legit #2. i dont blame him(or wade/bosh/amare for that matter) if he wants to go to a team that can sign 2 stars. as long as he goes anywhere except to the lakers, i hope the best for him. i personally would like to see a team with a couple stars on it
Just mho, but it certainly appears right now he's more concerned about himself than winning a championship. 4 of the 6 teams in the mix have lousy track records, bad management, poor coaching, etc. If he comes and signs with one other superstar there's no guarantee that with their two maxed deals those teams can fill out a solid roster to contend. There are other less glamorous locations he could consider moves to that he would contend in right away but I doubt he'd have any part of them.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want him on the Kings if it was a possibility because the league is catered to stars like him but I like the dynamic we have with guys that want to be here and just play hard every night.

Just mho, but it certainly appears right now he's more concerned about himself than winning a championship. 4 of the 6 teams in the mix have lousy track records, bad management, poor coaching, etc. If he comes and signs with one other superstar there's no guarantee that with their two maxed deals those teams can fill out a solid roster to contend. There are other less glamorous locations he could consider moves to that he would contend in right away but I doubt he'd have any part of them.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want him on the Kings if it was a possibility because the league is catered to stars like him but I like the dynamic we have with guys that want to be here and just play hard every night.
The only two teams he should even consider are the Bulls and the Heat, every other team either has a bad suporting cast or they have a terrible track record of building contenders(New York, New Jersey).

The thing is ... LeBron has about as much to show as Chris Bosh does. Or Carmelo. But you don't hear about the others running their organization and team. He's a good player, but he's done diddly-squat and the world just blames the rest of Cleveland (well yes, I agree Mike Brown isn't very bright), nothing ever falls on Lebron's shoulders. It's like .. "OH Wade won a ring because he had Shaq" but "OH LeBron hasn't won a ring cos Shaq sucks, and Antawn Jamison sucks, and Mo Williams sucks, and Mike Brown sucks, and JJ Hickson sucks, and Ilgauskas sucks, and Daniel Gibson sucks".

Whatever King James, you can go and ditch the media and not shake other players' hands after you lose and get away with it. That's totally fair.

The thing is ... LeBron has about as much to show as Chris Bosh does. Or Carmelo. But you don't hear about the others running their organization and team. He's a good player, but he's done diddly-squat and the world just blames the rest of Cleveland (well yes, I agree Mike Brown isn't very bright), nothing ever falls on Lebron's shoulders. It's like .. "OH Wade won a ring because he had Shaq" but "OH LeBron hasn't won a ring cos Shaq sucks, and Antawn Jamison sucks, and Mo Williams sucks, and Mike Brown sucks, and JJ Hickson sucks, and Ilgauskas sucks, and Daniel Gibson sucks".

Whatever King James, you can go and ditch the media and not shake other players' hands after you lose and get away with it. That's totally fair.

But you cant do anything about it they really suck ;)

I personally dont really care about Lebron since he anyway wont be cruising in our cows car through the city.
If Lebron goes to Chicago, New York or the Clippers wont change the fact that i am thrilled to see our team playing next season!!