Who do you want at #2

Who do you want at #2

• Total voters
Ayton Ayton Ayton.

Compliments exiting team nearly perfectly.

Cauley Stein getting better on D.

With an Ayton figure, it allows everybody else to play their games, especially Fox and Bogs. Skal will have to find his way, likely as a 6th or 7th man. Still need that killer SF but JJ could still prove to be it. Let's not forget he was a rookie last year.

I predict 50 wins.

Both Buddy and Willi were number 6 picks. Not saying it's wrong but this must be viewed as one heck of a draft to give up that for a 4-7 pick.
No. It's not. It's the classic Kings mindset problem. Buddy is coming along VERY well. WCS needed timed and looks like he's figuring it out. Many lottery picks end up busts, not just Kings picks. To get two future big contributors in that range is a win. You keep that. You absolutely do not give up Fox for a pick in that range.

We're essentially the sixers of 3 years ago but our picks are a bit lower. We'll be very good in 2 years.

Both Buddy and Willi were number 6 picks. Not saying it's wrong but this must be viewed as one heck of a draft to give up that for a 4-7 pick.
Since it's been 2/3 years removed from the draft, where they drafted doesn't really matter anymore. Now it's just a matter of how good they are as NBA players. Mudiay was the 7th pick from Willie's draft, and he got traded for scraps.

Teams will evaluate them as players, and not where they were drafted.

Yeah, it was just thought provoking maybe a reflection on how well we do or don't draft. Or maybe those past drafts were simply not deep. Papa was the 13th pick and two years later he's gone for nothing...
This is why I do not want this to be a two player only consideration pick. Ayton and Donic might rightly be the smart choice, but we have to do the due diligence and bring in all the top players. Great place to be for once.

Last edited:
Straight up? Probably Fox.

Otherwise? we'd probably need to to have a multi-team trade. Buddy/Bogan+WCS is intriguing, but I don't think it gets you a top 7 pick right off the bat.
Realistically the only team I think would do a deal is Cleveland Fox for 8. Every other team would want a lottery pick this year back

Ayton Ayton Ayton.

With an Ayton figure, it allows everybody else to play their games, especially Fox and Bogs. Skal will have to find his way, likely as a 6th or 7th man. Still need that killer SF but JJ could still prove to be it. Let's not forget he was a rookie last year.

I predict 50 wins.
Not even close!

Realistically the only team I think would do a deal is Cleveland Fox for 8. Every other team would want a lottery pick this year back
Maybe the Knicks?

Pair Fox and Ntilikina together in their backcourt. If I was them I'd rather be building with Fox than Young or Sexton.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Realistically: De’Aaron Fox
Unrealistically: WCS/Skal
i could get behind that but i didn't want to get a pg in this draft. Although Sexton is a better shooter than fox
i would like Ayton and Porter. or Doncic and Bamba. WCS and Bogdan should work. if we get Doncic to me he replaces Bogdan anyway. If Heild continues his improvment pace you can't keep him at 24 min off the bench.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Ayton Ayton Ayton.

I predict 50 wins.
JJ would have to have a dramatic increase in Testosterone. Guy just looked scared and whimpy to me all season. I understand early but by the end its time to look like you belong there.

Unless a team wants to trade cap space for a pick in the 10-15 range, I don't see a trade going down. We don't have any assets that are valuable enough unless you trade a big chunk of our core. They just sent Fox to the lottery with his lucky smile so they definitely aren't trading him. I don't see how it's going to get done because WCS alone isn't all that valuable. Trading him can nab you something, but not a lottery pick.

JJ would have to have a dramatic increase in Testosterone. Guy just looked scared and whimpy to me all season. I understand early but by the end its time to look like you belong there.
Other than Buddy, JJ by far had the biggest in-season growth of anyone on the team. Dude looked like a flat out chump in November and ended up actually looking like an NBA player by the end of the year. Certainly not at the expectation of the 15th overall pick, but I was encouraged by his growth and the obvious work he put in to get better during the season.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Other than Buddy, JJ by far had the biggest in-season growth of anyone on the team. Dude looked like a flat out chump in November and ended up actually looking like an NBA player by the end of the year. Certainly not at the expectation of the 15th overall pick, but I was encouraged by his growth and the obvious work he put in to get better during the season.
you are exactly right about Buddy. he seemed to work on all the things that needed it. now i see videos of him working on being more athletic.

Yah I didn't like the guy much, but he did get more time later in the season. He had a few good games, but for the most part he's not a core player so if he were to leave or be traded, I wouldn't care much.

He still had really bad games at the end of the year. He didn't score a single point in the last two games despite playing over 30min in each of them and one of the games was against Houston's backups.

He did have a few good games at the end of the year that make me wonder if he can be a rotation player if that 3 point shot improves but man did he have some awful awful games this year.

He still had really bad games at the end of the year. He didn't score a single point in the last two games despite playing over 30min in each of them and one of the games was against Houston's backups.

He did have a few good games at the end of the year that make me wonder if he can be a rotation player if that 3 point shot improves but man did he have some awful awful games this year.
No absolutely. I'm just saying from where he started in November... looking like a dude who flat out just looked like he couldn't hang whatsoever at the NBA to possibly looking like a rotational player is good in-season growth in my book. And he does have the tools to be really valuable in the league: Great height/length, great athleticism, has a handle, can shoot. Just needs more time to put it together.

I think Phoenix takes Ayton.

I think it will come down to Doncic and Bagley for the Kings.

I would go Doncic because I think he makes his teammates better, but Bagley has alpha scorer written all over him.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Kings took Bagley at #2.

I sure hope Vlade and the FO are in Europe right now to see Doncic in person in the Euro finals.
I don't think there is a chance that Vlade takes Bagley over Doncic. Vlade and Stojakovic are probably salivating over the idea of picking Doncic.

GSW vs HOU series has made it very clear that ISO ball does not work. Their 1-3 are all great passers. Imagine Fox, Bogi/Buddy, and Luka on the floor once Fox develops his shot. Those 3 are fast/ create opportunities for themselves and others. 3 potential spots that can be surgical against any defense. Compared to Ayton, we've seen KAT and AD just get bounced out of the playoffs and they're top 5 big men in the league. Willie was good last year with Fox on P&R, so just imagine Fox and Luka feeding him! Capela is a player of circumstance and no reason Willie cant be as good as him.

If you watch Luka against OKC you can see that he's playing with urgency and an NBA type of a game. You can see his hustle and intensity on defense. Euro league games he looks for more opportunities on offense. This kid has the heart and he has all the time to develop his defensive skills, primarily because his offensive skills are so advanced for his age. Dirk, Porzingis, Markannen all were said to be too skinny, cant play defense, and they'll just get knocked around, but they're proven to be extremely productive players.

GSW vs HOU series has made it very clear that ISO ball does not work. Their 1-3 are all great passers. Imagine Fox, Bogi/Buddy, and Luka on the floor once Fox develops his shot. Those 3 are fast/ create opportunities for themselves and others. 3 potential spots that can be surgical against any defense. Compared to Ayton, we've seen KAT and AD just get bounced out of the playoffs and they're top 5 big men in the league. Willie was good last year with Fox on P&R, so just imagine Fox and Luka feeding him! Capela is a player of circumstance and no reason Willie cant be as good as him.

If you watch Luka against OKC you can see that he's playing with urgency and an NBA type of a game. You can see his hustle and intensity on defense. Euro league games he looks for more opportunities on offense. This kid has the heart and he has all the time to develop his defensive skills, primarily because his offensive skills are so advanced for his age. Dirk, Porzingis, Markannen all were said to be too skinny, cant play defense, and they'll just get knocked around, but they're proven to be extremely productive players.
Fox-Bogdan-Bogdan-Doncic-Giles lineup is oozing with potential and is a perfect playoff lineup

I don't think there is a chance that Vlade takes Bagley over Doncic. Vlade and Stojakovic are probably salivating over the idea of picking Doncic.
I think this draft should be very telling when it comes to who has the most control over the Kings front office. If we passed on Doncic I would have to think Vlade does not have as much control over the team as we once thought. If we stayed at 7 or 8 I could have seen Vlade trying to trade up to secure Luka and now that we’re in prime position to take him, the only way I could see us passing up is if Brandon Williams was making the pick and one of the other prospects (Bagley, Porter) really blew us away during workouts and interviews.

As long as we turn our backs on every defensive possession it will be.
Fox and Giles project to be good defenders

Bogdan should be an average defender

Doncic is a great team defender think Lonzo wise hoe he was a good team defender Doncic is a great one

Buddy made major strides at that end and shouldn’t be a negative

More importantly it’s all about team defense

As long as we turn our backs on every defensive possession it will be.

Look at the final four teams here at the end of the line. Fox and Buddy are showing stopper potential. Bogdan is a solid, strong defender that can defend bigger players. Doncic is big enough to switch pick and roll. Giles is unknown but the hype on him is he can switch and block shots. That's the basic makeup of what you have to be able to do if want to even have a shot to compete with the big dogs. All those teams trying to stay big were decimated. Heck, even Philly, which is a team that does switch, got run over by a smaller, more athletic Boston team without their two best players. The league is broke because of the defensive rules, there is only one way to play at the moment until a dominant big or two come in and change that tune.

I think this draft should be very telling when it comes to who has the most control over the Kings front office. If we passed on Doncic I would have to think Vlade does not have as much control over the team as we once thought. If we stayed at 7 or 8 I could have seen Vlade trying to trade up to secure Luka and now that we’re in prime position to take him, the only way I could see us passing up is if Brandon Williams was making the pick and one of the other prospects (Bagley, Porter) really blew us away during workouts and interviews.
Why do you possibly think that Luka is Vlade's guy? Is it because he is European?

There is absolutely ZERO evidence that Luka is Vlade's guy. Absolutely none except people drawing onto the European link and to be quite frank that is pretty disrespectful to Vlade, Luka and anyone of European background.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Why do you possibly think that Luka is Vlade's guy? Is it because he is European?

There is absolutely ZERO evidence that Luka is Vlade's guy. Absolutely none except people drawing onto the European link and to be quite frank that is pretty disrespectful to Vlade, Luka and anyone of European background.
I agree with your take here. No one on here knows who Vlade will end up drafting and just because Luka is a consensus top 3 pick doesn't always mean it will pan out that way...for all we know Vlade and co. might have more interest in a player like Bagley, Porter or Bamba. As far as I'm concerned, he doesn't have "his" guy until he sees them in individual workouts and team workouts and then makes further assessment and gets more input from his staff on the best player to take for the team. He's Euro and he's flying out to Euro to watch him play so therefore he must be 100 percent invested in Luka....he's doing what any GM in his position would do, nothing more, nothing less.

I think Doncic is Vlade's pick because he fits the mold of what he wants to build. He is a smart player who has all the skills and fits perfectly into a motion offense where everyone passes.