Where are KingsFans members from? (Follow link and mark map!!)

kennadog said:
Hey Yuba City folks! I just got a job and will be moving north (from Sac). Is it really that short a drive to Arco? Is that driving down hwy 99? I thought it would be a longer drive than that. This map just is too cool. :D Switched to "satellite", zoomed in and I could see my house. :eek:
Hi kennadog
Yes, it's just a short trip on Hwy 99 . I live in South Yuba City, so 35 minutes is all it takes me. Hope you enjoy it here, it's a great town.
Momof3

I'm from Jamaica, became a Kings fan in college in Virginia during the Lakers-Kings 2002 playoff duel (mostly because I hated the Lakers and my two roomates were laker fans), joined this site when I was in grad school in New Mexico, and after a stint in Orange County I am now in the Washington DC Metro Area. I think Johnny Cash wrote his "I've Been Everywhere" song for my benefit :D

Born and raised in Sacramento. LP stands for Land Park, my neighborhood (by the Zoo in case you don't know), not League Pass as many assume.

I'm going to school at Stanford now, but I put my location as Sacramento because it's still my home.

Well, after few years of silence...
It would be stupid...that there is no Serbian fans (in Serbia)...at the map
Used to be...BadMF, now I'm older...
Born, raised...living...in Belgrade...
With Kings? Since last millenium...
Aloha, to all older members...

LPKingsFan said:
Born and raised in Sacramento. LP stands for Land Park, my neighborhood (by the Zoo in case you don't know), not League Pass as many assume.

I'm going to school at Stanford now, but I put my location as Sacramento because it's still my home.
LP, another Stanford guy, I love it! I am class of 2004. Born and raised in Modesto, currently living in the great city of San Diego

Rain man said:
LP, another Stanford guy, I love it! I am class of 2004. Born and raised in Modesto, currently living in the great city of San Diego
That's awesome. I know QueensFan is a Stanford guy too, if he doesn't mind me saying. I think he's been busy though, and hasn't find time to post as much.

Grew up as a military brat .... USAF ... born in Kansas, lived all over the world.

But, I'll just start from when my dad retired:

Retired in the Bay Area '73 ... we lived in Union City.
Lived in several cities (away from home) ... Pittsburg, Oakland, Alameda, San Lorenzo, Berkeley and Castro Valley.

Moved up to Folsom in '95 ... been here ever since ... It's weird living in one place for so long ... I kinda like it.

Thanks for asking ...

Born and raised in Novato, in beautiful Marin County California. Living in Rohnert Park in kinda nice, Sonoma County, since I am supporting myself now and can't afford to live in Marin. Lived here all my life.

Added my name and location to the map from the very start of the thread but did not post about it. Born in Clovis, NM, moved to San Diego and then somehow got STUCK here in Owensboro, Ky. Went to High school with Rex Chapman and started REALLY following the NBA shortly after he was drafted. I always liked the NBA but i really fell in love with it around 88-89. About that same time I started following Chris Webber in high school, then on to UM, then the NBA. Started following the Kings obviously when he was traded to Sac. Enjoyed the entire Kings experience from the team down to the fans. C Webb is gone but the Kings are still my team. I have seen the Kings play in Cleveland, Indianapolis and Atlanta. Even caught an exhibition game in Evansville, Indiana a few years back. Have had NBA league pass for 14 years and still can't get enough! Also a University of Louisville season ticket holder...

Go Kings!!!
Go Cards!!!

Grew up in Grass Valley, CA (about an hour from Sac) and fell in love with the Kings and basketball (in that order) when the team moved to Sac. currently living in Rocklin which, while not as pretty as Grass Valley, is at least 30 minutes closer to Arco!:)

Well, I live in Natomas near Arena Blvd on the other side of I-5 from Arco arena, but because I found that to be a bore, I thought I'd put my country of birth (and my wife's as well) to make it a bit "different" :) My son whos 2 months old and is also going to be a Kings fan was born in Sac though.

Born in Arcata, raised mostly in Sacramento. I have had stints in Davis, Redding, Eureka, Rancho Cordova and currently reside in Elk Grove. Put my marker in Elk Grove, on the map.

Come on people, put yourselves on the map!
That's an order!

P.S. If you don't do it, VF21 will hurt me (now she's gonna say that I'm making stuff up, but please believe me and help me!!!!)

I was born in Indiana, but I grew up in, and currently reside in Dallas in the great state of Texas (although I did live in California and Germany in my youngest days)...

I'm not sure if everyone knows what this thread is about. Don't just write where you come from, but put yourselves on the map too.

Read the first page of this thread and you'll understand.

nebs said:
Born in Arcata, raised mostly in Sacramento. I have had stints in Davis, Redding, Eureka, Rancho Cordova and currently reside in Elk Grove. Put my marker in Elk Grove, on the map.
My favorite musician and the band (although ex now) are from Eureka :) Mike Patton and Mr. Bungle.