what was the last movie you watched?

Went to the the "The Nice Guys" last night and walked out about 30 minutes in. First movie I've ever walked out on. The first 30 minutes there were at least 4 scenes the involved minors and some sort of sexual talk/reference. So awkward and creepy. It was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I have no idea how Rotten Tomatoes had it rated so high.

Watched Deadpool last night. Had picked it up a week or two ago and intended to watch it right away but always too sleepy in the evenings. Man that movie was great. I've kinda tired on the formula super hero movies so this was a nice diversion. Also Morena Baccarin and Gina Carrano. Deadpool breaking the 4th wall reminded me a lot of Reynold's character in Waiting...

"Gods of Egypt" - Not a bad movie, actually. Although, parts of the movie did make me want to doze off and call it a night.

"13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi" - This was a pretty good one. Glad I ended up watching it during the day, as opposed to later in the evening, like I did with "Gods of Egypt"

Saw that Anton Yelchin died in a horrific freak accident last night/early today. I had just seen Green Room two weeks ago. Pretty fantastic horror/suspense film that was shot local to me, involving a punk band that winds up playing a gig at a neo-nazi compound, witnessing a crime and then being stalked for "clean up" operations by a wonderful Patrick Stewart. Great film for those with strong stomachs and total bummer. RIP

Saw that Anton Yelchin died in a horrific freak accident last night/early today. I had just seen Green Room two weeks ago. Pretty fantastic horror/suspense film that was shot local to me, involving a punk band that winds up playing a gig at a neo-nazi compound, witnessing a crime and then being stalked for "clean up" operations by a wonderful Patrick Stewart. Great film for those with strong stomachs and total bummer. RIP
6 millions ways to die

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Rewatched The Usual Suspects tonight - haven't seen it in forever. Kevin Spacey is a hell of an actor. Always liked that guy. Makes me want to watch The Negotiator again.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'd never heard of The Boy, but the cover made it sound interesting so I gave it a try. Good flick with a couple of twists I didn't really see coming. Worth the time it took to watch it ... and not everything I've seen lately could meet that standard.

Last edited:

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Wow - almost a year old!

Caught several movies over the past few months...

Star Wars: Rogue One
Passengers
The Great Wall
Logan
Kong: Skull Island
Beauty and the Beast
Ghost in the Shell
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
King Arthur
Alien:Covenant
Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Wonder Woman

As to the most recent: Wonder Woman was a pretty good flick. I have always enjoyed a good action flick with a strong female lead (Aliens, Terminator 2, Underworld, etc.) and this one delivered as well.

I watched Guardians and Logan recently. Both were amazing, and I haven't really enjoyed most of the recent super heroes pics. I am hoping to see Wonder Woman with a friend after she gets back from vacation.

Also I just got Facebook targeted for It Comes at Night, which looks super neato and I want to see it.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I watched Guardians and Logan recently. Both were amazing, and I haven't really enjoyed most of the recent super heroes pics. I am hoping to see Wonder Woman with a friend after she gets back from vacation.

Also I just got Facebook targeted for It Comes at Night, which looks super neato and I want to see it.
I liked the first Guardians better than the second. Logan was good. I just got the Logan Blu-Ray (haven't watched it at home yet) but it also has the film entirely in black and white ("noir" is what they call it). I'm very interested to see that version after watching the movie in the theater.

I liked the first Guardians better than the second. Logan was good. I just got the Logan Blu-Ray (haven't watched it at home yet) but it also has the film entirely in black and white ("noir" is what they call it). I'm very interested to see that version after watching the movie in the theater.
I really need to rewatch the first Guardians. I remember really liking it but I didn't go into Vol 2 thinking I was going to be blown away and I loved it, so it's on my rather lengthy queue.

I watched Winter Soldier last night with my son and we'll be watching Civil War tonight. I did enjoy Winter Soldier, which I had not seen. Was waiting for him to watch with me and he seems pretty excited about them now.

B&W Logan sounds pretty cool.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I really need to rewatch the first Guardians. I remember really liking it but I didn't go into Vol 2 thinking I was going to be blown away and I loved it, so it's on my rather lengthy queue.

I watched Winter Soldier last night with my son and we'll be watching Civil War tonight. I did enjoy Winter Soldier, which I had not seen. Was waiting for him to watch with me and he seems pretty excited about them now.

B&W Logan sounds pretty cool.
Winter Soldier was very good. Civil War, while the basic "disagreement" between Iron Man and Captain America felt a bit contrived, was also very good. Really liked both. Enjoy!

Winter Soldier was very good. Civil War, while the basic "disagreement" between Iron Man and Captain America felt a bit contrived, was also very good. Really liked both. Enjoy!
I liked it, I didn't really think it was too contrived, I could sort of understand both sides. Kiddo fell asleep so I may be watching it again. I'm having some crappy HDMI issues in my home theater :(

Did see several movies, however not in order:

Beauty and the Beast
Hidden Figures
Fate and Furious

I am really looking forward to Transformers the Last Knight. I heard Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is really good, however I didn't see the first one.

Also saw Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice. I really liked the movie although it didn't do well at the theaters.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Beauty and the Beast
Hidden Figures
Fate and Furious

I am really looking forward to Transformers the Last Knight. I heard Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is really good, however I didn't see the first one.

Also saw Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice. I really liked the movie although it didn't do well at the theaters.
Rock!!! So good to see you. :)

I finally got to see Star Wars: Rogue One. I loved the tie-in. They did an excellent job of bridging the gap between 3 and 4. I kinda wish one character hadn't died but don't want to say anything more in case someone is as late seeing it as I was.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member

Beauty and the Beast
Hidden Figures
Fate and Furious

I enjoyed the first GotG more, but the second wasn't bad at all. Definitely watch the first one if you get the chance.

I heard the newest Mummy movie isn't that good, so I haven't bothered with it.

I'm not holding out much hope for a good Transformers movie, but I will probably see it in the theater.

Some others I look forward to in the theaters as well this year:

Cars 3
Spiderman: Homecoming
Atomic Blonde
Terminator 2 in 3D
Blade Runner 2049
Thor: Ragnarock
Justice League
Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Heat - definitely see this one if you like crime movies at all. Vintage Michael Mann and an amazing cast. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113277/

Ender's Game

The original Terminator. T2 is coming out later this year in theaters in 3D. Not the biggest 3D fan, but will definitely go catch the best Terminator movie in the theater.