what was the last movie you watched?

GoGoGadget

Well-Known Member
#2
I went to see Memoirs of a Geisha last night.

An absolutley beautiful looking film, though it is a little on the chick-flick side for me (and I've got some issues with the overall story and its presentation). Took a long time to get going, but I eventually got sucked in.
 

doone

Well-Known Member
#3
New or old? New, as in watching it in the theaters...it would have to be Saw II, old is Sleepless in Seattle last night, one of the few chick flicks I actually enjoy, don't know why.
 

AleksandarN

Well-Known Member
#4
I just watched million dollar baby two days ago. That was a really great and well acted movie. I will not give away how it turns out but it is not the typical "Rocky" boxing movie, which made it even more interesting and enjoyable to watch.
 

Abe Frohman

Active Member
#6
I saw Munich Friday. Not bad, but a little slow for me. Not a good choice for the late showing - I almost nodded off a couple of times. I thought the dialogue was unrealistic at times too. Overall I found it a bit pretentious. It will probably win some awards if the gay cowboy movie doesn't win them all.

**POSSIBLE/MILD SPOILER ALERT** I would like to know a little bit about the targets' backgrounds and their roles in the hostage-taking before showing them getting killed. I felt like I was in the dark a lot. Plus I'm kind of ignorant about the whole Israeli Palestinian history so there were some references I didn't get. And the sex scene at the end? That was just bizarre.
 

hoopsfan

Well-Known Member
#7
Abe Frohman said:
I saw Munich Friday. Not bad, but a little slow for me. Not a good choice for the late showing - I almost nodded off a couple of times. I thought the dialogue was unrealistic at times too. Overall I found it a bit pretentious. It will probably win some awards if the gay cowboy movie doesn't win them all.

**POSSIBLE/MILD SPOILER ALERT** I would like to know a little bit about the targets' backgrounds and their roles in the hostage-taking before showing them getting killed. I felt like I was in the dark a lot. Plus I'm kind of ignorant about the whole Israeli Palestinian history so there were some references I didn't get. And the sex scene at the end? That was just bizarre.
You should watch "One Day in September". It might help fill in the holes.


The last movie I went to see was "Walk The Line" with Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon. I was really impressed that they did their own singing.
 
Last edited:

Prophetess

Gallifrayain
#8
we watched I.Q -good movie.
and Lilo & Stitch - Stitch has a Glitch. -Great movie.

must add Million dollar baby to netflix list..
 

Gargamel

Well-Known Member
#13
AleksandarN said:
I just watched million dollar baby two days ago. That was a really great and well acted movie. I will not give away how it turns out but it is not the typical "Rocky" boxing movie, which made it even more interesting and enjoyable to watch.
Same. Hilary Swank carried it frankly. Those jump rope scenes were pretty pleasing to my senses too. :cool:

Last old one I've seen was "River's Edge", last night. It's got a magical pairing between Keanu Reeves and Crispin Glover.
 

Ryle

Well-Known Member
#14
AleksandarN said:
I just watched million dollar baby two days ago. That was a really great and well acted movie. I will not give away how it turns out but it is not the typical "Rocky" boxing movie, which made it even more interesting and enjoyable to watch.
I'm actually just finishing it as I type on HBO. Nothing really exciting as Clint pretty much plays the same character he has for the past 20 years. Swank was very good in the movie though but I don't see what all the hype was about.
 

Evenstar

Well-Known Member
#15
i saw "brokeback mountain" yesterday. it was a good movie, but not one that i liked ( if that makes any sense) it was very well acted, directed, and the scenery was amazing. it was just a little too depressing for me, and i'm still not very comfortable with the male/male relationship ( surprising since i'm from san francisco)

it wouldn't surprise me to see it win best picture considering what a weak year it was for movies this past year
 

RoyalDiva

Well-Known Member
#16
Agree with you, Evenstar. I do want to see the movie because I've heard it is so beautiful and well-acted, but I really don't care at all to see that graphic sex scene I keep hearing about.

On another note-I am dying to see 'Wedding Crashers'. I have a Netflix account, but am having trouble getting the film delivered to me. On my Netflix rental que, it just keeps saying there is a 'short wait' on the availability for the film. I've never had that happen before with any other films I've rented from Netflix. It is annoying because I could just walk down to Hollywood Video and rent it immediately. But that would be throwing my Netflix membership dues money away, so I'm stuck waiting.
 

doone

Well-Known Member
#17
I just watched Hitch, which was pretty good considering it has Eva Mendez in it, who can't act her way out of a paper bag. Does anyone else think that the best friend (Casey) is hot?

BTW, does the thing in the bar he does to get the girl to come with him to the pool table work? I figured that kind of thing would get you slapped. But I think the rest of the movie is pretty good. Man, I wish I was smoother with the ladies. :(
 

Evenstar

Well-Known Member
#18
RoyalDiva said:
Agree with you, Evenstar. I do want to see the movie because I've heard it is so beautiful and well-acted, but I really don't care at all to see that graphic sex scene I keep hearing about.

On another note-I am dying to see 'Wedding Crashers'. I have a Netflix account, but am having trouble getting the film delivered to me. On my Netflix rental que, it just keeps saying there is a 'short wait' on the availability for the film. I've never had that happen before with any other films I've rented from Netflix. It is annoying because I could just walk down to Hollywood Video and rent it immediately. But that would be throwing my Netflix membership dues money away, so I'm stuck waiting.
yah that can happen with netflix. i had to wait nearly 2 months to get the first disc of LOST, i was very tempted to go to blockbluster. i somehow gutted it out, and man was it worth the wait. i freaking love that show!!! :D back to netflix, what i try and do when i know a movie is coming out that i'm dying to see, do a search on it, and usually it will show the movie, and give you the option of saving it. save it. when the release date comes nearer, it will go to the bottom of your queue, i then move it to the very top so when it comes out, i'll get it as soon as i can.
 

RoyalDiva

Well-Known Member
#19
Good idea. I've done that for 'History of Violence', which doesn't come out until March. Hopefully this will priortize it for receiving.
 

Daniela

Well-Known Member
#24
The new Outsiders DVD. I was a little dissapointed that Francis changed the soundtrack on me but the added scenes were great and the extra's were AWESOME. You get to see Francis Ford Coppola's unorthodox casting process. You get to see some of the cast now up at FFC house in Napa watching a special screening of the new and improved movie. You know he still has the blue Mustang and the Red convertible up in Napa?

A little background-I have seen this movie now 188 times. I was a tad bit obssesed when it first came out. I had a whole suitcase full of every article and photo in Teen Beat, 16, etc...... I know the movie dialogue by heart and of course used to know all the music as well. Then he changed it. Oh well. Still loving it.
 
#25
RoyalDiva said:
Agree with you, Evenstar. I do want to see the movie because I've heard it is so beautiful and well-acted, but I really don't care at all to see that graphic sex scene I keep hearing about.
I can't remember exactly how long the scene in question is as it's actually been months since I've seen it. But the actual graphic stuff couldn't have lasted longer than a minute. I hate to see anyone be put off by the movie based on that one scene alone, as it's a really well-made love story and encompasses a fraction of what the movie is about. If you do want to see it, why not just close your eyes until the grunting and panting stops?
 

RoyalDiva

Well-Known Member
#26
L.A. Brian said:
I can't remember exactly how long the scene in question is as it's actually been months since I've seen it. But the actual graphic stuff couldn't have lasted longer than a minute. I hate to see anyone be put off by the movie based on that one scene alone, as it's a really well-made love story and encompasses a fraction of what the movie is about. If you do want to see it, why not just close your eyes until the grunting and panting stops?
Good idea.