what was the last movie you watched?

RRR (Rise. Roar. Revolt)

Truly a case study of cinematic “spectacle.” I’d put it on par with Hero or The Fall in being a worthwhile experience for visually compelling cinema alone.
For an even better spectacle, you should check out the director's (S S Rajamouli) earlier films: "Baahubali: The Beginning" and "Baahubali 2: The Conclusion" -- an epic revenge saga with spectacular visuals.

For a revenge story of a different kind, you can watch the director's "Eega" where a murdered lover get reincarnated as a housefly and seeks revenge on the villain. Doesn't this sound ridiculous? Well, prepare to be pleasantly surprised and thoroughly entertained.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Used 3$ movie day on Saturday to go see Thor Love & Thunder.

My first Marvel movie in theatres… and I think I’m all-in now. I’ll be seeing more of them as they come out now.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Used 3$ movie day on Saturday to go see Thor Love & Thunder.

My first Marvel movie in theatres… and I think I’m all-in now. I’ll be seeing more of them as they come out now.
If that movie made you all-in.... :oops:

Glad you enjoyed it, though!

For an even better spectacle, you should check out the director's (S S Rajamouli) earlier films: "Baahubali: The Beginning" and "Baahubali 2: The Conclusion" -- an epic revenge saga with spectacular visuals.

For a revenge story of a different kind, you can watch the director's "Eega" where a murdered lover get reincarnated as a housefly and seeks revenge on the villain. Doesn't this sound ridiculous? Well, prepare to be pleasantly surprised and thoroughly entertained.
I’m not sure how invested into Tollywood I’m going to get now. This really was a one off while the fam was gone to see what all the fuss was about. But, I appreciate the roadmap should I venture further into that wilderness.

Will admit, the housefly revenge story does pique my interest a bit. Thanks!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
If that movie made you all-in.... :oops:

Glad you enjoyed it, though!
Combined effort with watching Guardians 1 & 2 on D+ a little while back.

Going 3-3 in the Marvelverse has me all in.

And honestly.. it doesn’t take a lot to impress me from a movie. I liked Batman Vs Superman and have seen in multiple times. I even liked the first Suicide Squad except Leto’s Joker.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Combined effort with watching Guardians 1 & 2 on D+ a little while back.

Going 3-3 in the Marvelverse has me all in.

And honestly.. it doesn’t take a lot to impress me from a movie. I liked Batman Vs Superman and have seen in multiple times. I even liked the first Suicide Squad except Leto’s Joker.
Gotcha. I thought maybe you didn't enjoy others but liked this one.

Frankly, overall to me this is one of the poorer showings just because I don't like the overly comedic turn and over-reliance on "less elevated" humor with Thor. I liked the first Thor a lot better because of the tone and type of humor it employed. But that's just me. :)

You should probably check out the Ant-Man movies as well then - they are also fairly humorous at times but in a way I enjoy more than the last couple Thor flicks.

While many of the MCU movies are fairly self-contained, in order to get the nuances of the overall storyline (especially through Infinity War/Endgame), you should try watching them in the order released or a chronological order. Enjoy!

One of my new favorite directors that I’ve come across is Mike Flanagan. I’m working through his work over time. The first movie I watched by him was Doctor Sleep. This was the Shining sequel and I loved how he put this together. I didn’t really pay attention to who the director was at the time but now that I’ve watched a few other things by him, big fan

Midnight Mass. Netflix. This was a series and it was top notch. Really has some Stephen King aspects to it and Kings influence is all over the place. Like Kings best works, there is some depth to this supernatural but the supernatural really isn’t the focus. Damn good.

The Haunting of Hill House. Netflix. Was so fired up about Midnight Mass, saw that this series also got a massive good rating and it also delivered. There are lots of bad “horror” films and projects out there that just rely on shock value or scares but this also has some depth to the story. Also, Flanagan apparently really likes actress Kate Siegel who is in a lot of his stuff.

Doctor Sleep on HBO max As mentioned before, damn good film and does the book justice. Stephen King came up with a plausible and believable sequel book to The Shining. Funny to say believable in Stephen Kings supernatural world but it made sense to me.

Hush. Netflix. Just watched this one and though it’s not a masterpiece it had me on the edge of my seat for the 75 minute run. Kate Siegel plays a deaf and mute writer who is stalked at her house in the woods by a killer in a cat and mouse setting.