Welcome Kevin Huerter

I have guarded optimism as far as players we pick up in trades due to years of being disappointed.
In the past it seemed we took a flyer on players that could not break the rotation where they were or we were trying to resurrect the player everyone hoped they would be.

Now it seems like we are starting to get quality starting players or who should be great rotation players that gives us a pretty good rotation.
With the new coaches I see a turn around that we have been waiting for.

Quietly without a lot of fanfare the Kings have gotten a lot better. Maybe like a normal team. If Mike Brown cannot improve the defense, probably no mortal human can. We go through this period of optimism every summer, only to watch another crappy defensive team that cannot compete. This time it could be different. I might to have to find a channel that actually televises games.

why does Huerter need a new nickname (also I am still championing Vanilla for Keegan based on his dad's tweets that they are too vanilla for nicknames). everyone should get a dessert for their nickname.

I used to live in the DC area. I found that 95 there and 105 in Sacramento feel about the same, due to the humidity. Atlanta is comparable, but warmer.
I don't know about that comparison. Southern humidity is a sloppy wet mess. Try maybe 80 and 105. Low 80’s and work outside, don't know how many shirts I get drenched with sweat. 90's, just forget it, wait for dusk or early morning.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I don't know about that comparison. Southern humidity is a sloppy wet mess. Try maybe 80 and 105. Low 80’s and work outside, don't know how many shirts I get drenched with sweat. 90's, just forget it, wait for dusk or early morning.
I spent a summer at an internship in Harrisburg, PA back in the mid-90's and one day when we went to visit Penn State it was around 90° and 90% humidity (if I remember correctly). You literally were sweating buckets walking like 100 feet outside. Freaking miserable.

Being traded to Sacramento is about as hard as it gets when it comes to the NBA, so let’s go young man.
The team ya but even then we don't have a locker room of players being in trouble and fighting each other. So they have fun and Sacramento isn't a bad place to live. Many wise places one could end up. Amd if he is one to help turn things around in Sac then he is one of the saviors. Pretty good situation I'd think.

I spent a summer at an internship in Harrisburg, PA back in the mid-90's and one day when we went to visit Penn State it was around 90° and 90% humidity (if I remember correctly). You literally were sweating buckets walking like 100 feet outside. Freaking miserable.
I live in Philly for four years. The summer is brutal. Especially when you don’t have AC in your studio. Ended up buying one of the cheap window unit to get by

I watched that video last night. I wish it broke down his cutting ability more but then again, there probably wasn’t too many readily available video examples of it from his time in Atlanta to breakdown since they don’t run much high post stuff

He’s a perfect player to put next to Fox/Sabonis. As is Malik Monk. I love these acquisitions. I said last season that the Kings had a clear path forward as a result of acquiring Sabonis that they didn’t have with Fox/Hali.

They knew just the type of players they needed to acquire and guys like Huerter, Monk, and Murray are exactly what I had in mind. Okpala could also be one of those guys if they have real plans for him which I think they might.

Past off seasons it’s always been about “oh this guys coming off a good season”, “oh, he’s a veteran presence and he’s been on championship teams..good mentor”, but never what piece of puzzle the acquisition fills..how does it make the Kings better. How does Dewayne Dedmon or Trevor Ariza fit on a team led by DeAaron Fox?

Kings knew they needed shooters, cutters, high IQ lplayers and quick decision makers. Huerter and Monk can space the floor. Both can cut to the basket. Both can make quick decisions with the ball and make plays. Both can take over games offensively. Sabonis and Fox will have a lot of buffer zone next season. They’ll make Fox and Sabonis better and Fox/Sabonis will make them better. Huerter and Monk will get to do a lot of things their roles didn’t allow for on their previous teams. Also, neither are in their primes yet, Kings fans can witness the breakout for both of these players but even if they stay as they are they are strong pickups,

I think the Kings will win more games than they lose next season. They have about 7 players I believe would receive significant minutes of just about any team in the NBA. It’s been awhile since we could truly say that as we’ve seen so many rotation regulars move on to other teams and warm the bench before leaving the league. The roster makes sense. It still has a couple of rotational holes that will need to filled/adjusted but the roster is coherent.

Last edited:
In the same token, I think buddy would have played great next to sabonis in the same way. If he knew his role and shut his candy ass mouth. But... buddy is buddy.

Never seen a guy go from one of my favs to my most hated in my life. Kenny Is up there
Lol this is so true.

Imo Buddy tried to put the ball on the floor way too much, trying to be a playmaker, and that wasn't his game. If he modeled his game after Reggie Miller and/or was used that way he would have been a lot more effective.

Is it coaching or IQ that makes players stand in a corner waiting for a pass instead of moving off ball?