Now Huerter

If we decide to trade huerter for a defensive guy, I hope he'll also be able to shoot. Losing barnes and huerters shooting might not bold well for spacing.
That's why I recommend we should go for Cam Johnson. He shoots the lights out, his 3pt% is incredible...FT% is incredible...has at least 1 steal, 1 offensive rebound per game....couple assists. But the main thing is he also play exceptionally good defense.

The thing I like about Huerter is he is just unguardable with Sabonis pick on top of the key with his long strive. We may not be able to replicate that once he left.

Last edited:
That's why I recommend we should go for Cam Johnson. He shoots the lights out, his 3pt% is incredible...FT% is incredible...has at least 1 steal per game....couple assist. But the main thing is he also play exceptionally good defense.

The thing I like about Huerter is he is just unguardable with Sabonis pick on top of the key with his long strive. We may not be able to replicate that once he left.
Would love to get him, but not for the package you suggested. That's way too much for him.

Im hoping “going live” only applies to basketball activities and that he’s been putting in work on his body, strength and speed the time he’s been out.
He has not been able to lift weights with his arms, for obvious reasons. I assume shooting drills were also off limits.

Telling me you've never had a shoulder injury without telling me.
Guess you know more than Huerter.

“You know, I’m optimistic about getting through this summer, through this injury. I’ll be in the weight room a lot, which I think is always fun going into an offseason. Next year, I think I’m looking at it really positively and think it will all be back.”

If "IT" refers to his broken, hitch-in-shot (at different times) broken spirit (3pt contest), running sideways to get free to brick more shots. Then I'm sure "it will all be back."

And that was without a shoulder injury and being in shape.

I would highly doubt Huerter hasn't been working out. This isn't typically an injury that you sit for 6 months and don't use your arm at all. He should have been able to use weights months ago. Or at least band exercises.

Update from the Kings. Huerter will miss the start of training camp: "The team said Huerter has been cleared for on-court workouts, shooting drills and a complete strength training program. He will be reevaluated in mid-October before being cleared for full-contact activity."

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article291741325.html#storylink=cpy

I think that would give Monk and Ellis a first shot at the starting shooting guard position, at least at the beginning of the season, which starts October 24.

Update from the Kings. Huerter will miss the start of training camp: "The team said Huerter has been cleared for on-court workouts, shooting drills and a complete strength training program. He will be reevaluated in mid-October before being cleared for full-contact activity."

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article291741325.html#storylink=cpy

I think that would give Monk and Ellis a first shot at the starting shooting guard position, at least at the beginning of the season, which starts October 24.
Huerter won't ever start for this team again, without an injury to Keon Ellis

If his shooting returns this is awesome. A 9 man rotation of the presumed starters (Fox, Ellis, DeRozan, Murray, Sabonis) along with Monk, Huerter, Lyles, and Len could be fantastic. Monk gets backup minutes at the 1/2 and Huerter at the 2/3
I like the lineup, but am really hoping we can identify a bigger 3/4 type off the bench who can give us more options as a 10th man. I think we have seen enough from Brown that he likes to have a 10th man in the quasi-rotation. A guy who sometimes plays 8-12 minutes per game and sometimes doesn't play at all, depending on the matchups and the game flow. Both Sasha and Duarte filled that role on occasion last year (we had so many different short term injuries in the back of our rotation that it was hard for any person to fill any role consistently), and it was TDIII the year before.

Maybe that person is McDaniel, or maybe it is Nassir Little or Jae Crowder, or someone else not on the roster. But I would feel better about the back of the rotation if there was a guy who emerges to take on that role.

KVon is jacked now. I’m a little surprised he added that kind of mass given his shoulder recovery. I don’t claim to know anything about injuries timelines but I’m surprised you can lift weights at all with a shoulder issue.

Smart move for him, because if he wants to play it might have to be there. Shoulders aren't a 6 month wait and then go thing usually. The dislocation might have added some problems recovery wise though. You ramp back up from something like that. Lower body injuries are usually the big issue as far as getting back to form.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
KVon is jacked now. I’m a little surprised he added that kind of mass given his shoulder recovery. I don’t claim to know anything about injuries timelines but I’m surprised you can lift weights at all with a shoulder issue.

Glad to see KH building up muscle. When I saw the hit on his arm that result of the dislocation, my first thought was if he’d had more muscle, the other guy would be the one with a sore wrist. Muscles not a guarantee you won’t get as many injuries, but it sure helps protect joints. Also, when he takes the DHO he has relied on speed and distraction to get to the cup. Bigger defenders have been a problem going through a few would really help.

Glad to see KH building up muscle. When I saw the hit on his arm that result of the dislocation, my first thought was if he’d had more muscle, the other guy would be the one with a sore wrist. Muscles not a guarantee you won’t get as many injuries, but it sure helps protect joints. Also, when he takes the DHO he has relied on speed and distraction to get to the cup. Bigger defenders have been a problem going through a few would really help.
Kev looks Yuuuuge!,

If his shooting returns this is awesome. A 9 man rotation of the presumed starters (Fox, Ellis, DeRozan, Murray, Sabonis) along with Monk, Huerter, Lyles, and Len could be fantastic. Monk gets backup minutes at the 1/2 and Huerter at the 2/3
Agreed. That has the potential to be one very strong bench and the lineups and combos Mike brown can experiment with, are endless.