Welcome Kevin Huerter

love this move, he was a Team USA guy back 5-6 years ago won gold at FIBA Americas 2016 U18. Also played on the U19 FIBA World Cup team

Been a big fan of his for many years now, I used to tell everyone back in the day he was my favorite 4-star recruit in the class of 2016.

Not only have the Kings been upgrading the shooting in a major way, but they arent getting ball-stoppers. I feel like an underrated storyline is that the ball-movement and spacing have been upgraded in a major way. This team is going to be much more fun to watch.

Huerter has extremely deep range on his shot too. He's clutch too! He was clutch for the Hawks and clutch back at Maryland.

Last edited:
Is there any way Kings can get Donovan Mitchell? Harrison Barnes + Three 1st round picks?
No.. Mitchell is a ballhog with tunnelvision, makes way too much $$, and plays a style of ball thats conducive to making the playoffs and then getting treated like a doormat in the first or 2nd round..

The loss of Barnes would also hurt quite a bit in this scenario..

Also the Kings just traded a 1st rd pick away so with the Stepien rule in place this idea just doesnt get off the ground many ways over

Kingster

Hall of Famer
love this move, he was a Team USA guy back 5-6 years ago won gold at FIBA Americas 2016 U18. Also played on the U19 FIBA World Cup team

Been a big fan of his for many years now, I used to tell everyone back in the day he was my favorite 4-star recruit in the class of 2016.

Not only have the Kings been upgrading the shooting in a major way, but they arent getting ball-stoppers. I feel like an underrated storyline is that the ball-movement and spacing have been upgraded in a major way. This team is going to be much more fun to watch.

Huerter has extremely deep range on his shot too. He's clutch too! He was clutch for the Hawks and clutch back at Maryland.
Yes he is. He's not going to be invisible at big moments in the game.

BBIQ on this team is growing by leaps and bounds. We might actually be able to run a motion offense or complicated sets next year.

I would love to have one more high-level 3&D Wing added to the team. But if this is the roster heading into the season - it will be the most balanced roster in a long while. I also really like Huerter over Brogdon.

As far as the picks being locked up - the Kings will still be able to trade them on draft day - they just have to draft the player for the other team.

All that being said - I don’t think the Kings are a playoff team in the West, but it’s arrow up with hope for a major break next summer.

That’s sweet.

Except for not being a “lock down defender”, he checks pretty much every box for the type of backcourt partner one would want next to Fox. And if Fox picks up his on ball defense, they should work really well together.

I am a Fox fan (the lack of 3 pt shooting still gives me concern), but he’s never seemed to have great synergy with his back court mate (maybe Shumpert - who was technically playing the 3). Fingers crossed that these two can grow to complement each other.

Some Hawks fans say that despite what the stats say he is a solid team defender. He usually had to defend the teams best player because the people beside him were Young and Hunter. Young, who is probably worse than Fox at defense, and Hunter, who is always hurt. So it usually came down to Huerter to defend the point of attack. When he could sit back and play team defense he was solid.

Why does everyone here seem to assume that he’s a shooting guard? I haven’t followed him, but I do recall one article that said he was more effective as a small forward. I guess we’ll leave that to Brown to figure out. But again, why assume he’s a shooting guard when we don’t know that for sure?

Why does everyone here seem to assume that he’s a shooting guard? I haven’t followed him, but I do recall one article that said he was more effective as a small forward. I guess we’ll leave that to Brown to figure out. But again, why assume he’s a shooting guard when we don’t know that for sure?
Because that's where he's played nearly all his minutes so far in his career. But given the Kings depth at guard, whether you call him a SG or a SF, I think it's very likely that he spends some time on the court with two other guards.

I could see the Kings closing out games with a lineup of Fox, Monk or Mitchell, Huerter, Barnes and Sabonis

Because that's where he's played a majority of his NBA career lol.

But yeah, I don't see any reason he can't flex down to the 3. My guess is he'll spend half or more of his minutes playing the 3 next to Fox/Mitchell/Monk at guard.

He’s a wing with range and he’s 6’7. Call him what you like. The distinction between the SF and SG position is very subjective and contextual (depends on the other talent on the team).

He’s a wing with range and he’s 6’7. Call him what you like. The distinction between the SF and SG position is very subjective and contextual (depends on the other talent on the team).
Yup, Huerter, Monk, TD, Barnes, Murray and occasionally Mitchell. All will see time as a “wing” playing the 2 and 3 role of the line up. All dependent on what we are matching up with defensively and/or trying to accomplish on the offensive side.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Well, lets just say when he played most of his minutes he was usually with someone who was bigger than him. Bogdan/Hunter/Reddish. The distinction is all about how many potential minutes they can play with Fox/Monk/Davion/Huerter together in some combo.