Welcome Alec Burks!

If hes health he's a absoulte game changer Tyreke Evans (quicker less strong)type player this move could really pay huge dividends, he's got massive talent but injuries have to allowed him to ever get it all together. The guy in the half court is the best we got at getting to the rim and probably 2nd to Fox in the full court game.

If hes health he's a absoulte game changer Tyreke Evans (quicker less strong)type player this move could really pay huge dividends, he's got massive talent but injuries have to allowed him to ever get it all together. The guy in the half court is the best we got at getting to the rim and probably 2nd to Fox in the full court game.
It stinks injuries have affected him so... here is the play that caused his biggest injury that de-railed his best season... I always thought Paul Peirce was wrong for this... thats not a basketball play...

I really like Burks! Cleveland is so bad it's hard to judge his body of work while there. But, if we get the Burks who played well in Utah then it's a steal.

It stinks injuries have affected him so... here is the play that caused his biggest injury that de-railed his best season... I always thought Paul Peirce was wrong for this... thats not a basketball play...

How is that not a basketball play? He goes up and makes a play on the ball. It was unfortunately that Burks came down so hard but that play wasn't Paul Pierce's fault. They ruled it a common foul.

How is that not a basketball play? He goes up and makes a play on the ball. It was unfortunately that Burks came down so hard but that play wasn't Paul Pierce's fault. They ruled it a common foul.
Next time you play a game of pickup basketball be sure to foul someone like that and then explain to them how it's a basketball play, i'm sure they'll understand better than me.

The neighborhoods I grew up playing in you'd get stomped out for that.

Last edited:
Next time you play a game of pickup basketball be sure to foul someone like that and then explain to them how it's a basketball play, i'm sure they'll understand better than me.

The neighborhoods I grew up playing in you'd get stomped out for that.
This isn't street ball. This is the best league in the universe. These are world class athletes who can jump out of the gym. Burks was vulnerable because he was so high and moving at a high rate of speed. Piece had every right to contest the shot. He made no impact to the head, and there was very little wind up and follow-thru (which are some of the guidelines the NBA uses to determine flagrant fouls). When players get hurt like that, the referees will almost always lean more towards a flagrant foul but there just wasn't anything flagrant about it.

Do you expect everybody to just step aside when a player takes it hard to the rim?

I see so many players come down and slam the ball but very seldom they are flattened like that and on the majority of those plays someone could do the same thing but they don’t.

To me it’s like the star treatment as I believe if the players were reversed it would of been a technical 2. It’s dirty play to hit someone like that who is in air from a angle.
To hurt someone over a lousy 2 point play is dirty and cheap.

Yea, so uh...

Time to revisit the Alec Burks move?

It's still super early but as of right now the guy has provided very little and is a big downgrade from Shump on both sides. I was never on the Burks bandwagon so I can't jump off. But now I'm running away from the wagon. Guy needs to show something.

Yea, so uh...

It's still super early but as of right now the guy has provided very little and is a big downgrade from Shump on both sides. I was never on the Burks bandwagon so I can't jump off. But now I'm running away from the wagon. Guy needs to show something.
I like him. I just think he's a horrible fit on that second unit. Ferrell is ball dominant. As is Bogi. And Burks needs the ball in his hands to be most effective. If the Kings want him to do well, he has to handle the ball and then let Ferrell and Bogi play off of him. That won't happen though, so I have no idea how this is going to shake out.

Yea, so uh...

I always saw it as Shump for a weak second.

Nope, still dislike the trade.

Maybe if we didn't have 9 seconds within the next 3 years before the trade, but did we really need another one?

I like him. I just think he's a horrible fit on that second unit. Ferrell is ball dominant. As is Bogi. And Burks needs the ball in his hands to be most effective. If the Kings want him to do well, he has to handle the ball and then let Ferrell and Bogi play off of him. That won't happen though, so I have no idea how this is going to shake out.
I dont think the kings are playing ideal the 2nd unit. Too much iso and basic pick n roll. The ball is WAYYYy too sticky in Bogis hands. Pick n roll should be Plan B. Plan A should be drive and kick drive and kick with that 2nd unit.

Our slow pick n rolls allows the defense to catch its breath. No no no. I want to see plan A be Burks or Ferrel attacking the rim with either a good attempt, foul, or moving the ball. Get the defense running around to cover the perimeter. Too much slow iso or slow pick n rolls. Bogi needs to be the 2nd option after the defense collapses. Tired of his iso ball. It's not that great.

I dont think the kings are playing ideal the 2nd unit. Too much iso and basic pick n roll. The ball is WAYYYy too sticky in Bogis hands. Pick n roll should be Plan B. Plan A should be drive and kick drive and kick with that 2nd unit.

Our slow pick n rolls allows the defense to catch its breath. No no no. I want to see plan A be Burks or Ferrel attacking the rim with either a good attempt, foul, or moving the ball. Get the defense running around to cover the perimeter. Too much slow iso or slow pick n rolls. Bogi needs to be the 2nd option after the defense collapses. Tired of his iso ball. It's not that great.
I agree. Ferrell and Burks pushing the ball, and then if there's nothing, back to Bogi to breakdown the D. Priority should be to attack with pace. Same thing with Bagley posting up.

I agree. Ferrell and Burks pushing the ball, and then if there's nothing, back to Bogi to breakdown the D. Priority should be to attack with pace. Same thing with Bagley posting up.
This. My first inclination was always that it was ideal to have Bogi in the second unit as he's really closer to a oversized PG. However, it feels like he's regressed from a facilitating glue guy and into an iso gunner in the second unit. I'd rather have Bogi playing off the ball with Yogi and Burks attacking -- or at least give that a shot. It feels like Yogi's best games are when he is pushing the pace hard, with the ball in his hands and making quick decisions.