Welcome Alec Burks!

If hes health he's a absoulte game changer Tyreke Evans (quicker less strong)type player this move could really pay huge dividends, he's got massive talent but injuries have to allowed him to ever get it all together. The guy in the half court is the best we got at getting to the rim and probably 2nd to Fox in the full court game.

If hes health he's a absoulte game changer Tyreke Evans (quicker less strong)type player this move could really pay huge dividends, he's got massive talent but injuries have to allowed him to ever get it all together. The guy in the half court is the best we got at getting to the rim and probably 2nd to Fox in the full court game.
It stinks injuries have affected him so... here is the play that caused his biggest injury that de-railed his best season... I always thought Paul Peirce was wrong for this... thats not a basketball play...

I really like Burks! Cleveland is so bad it's hard to judge his body of work while there. But, if we get the Burks who played well in Utah then it's a steal.

It stinks injuries have affected him so... here is the play that caused his biggest injury that de-railed his best season... I always thought Paul Peirce was wrong for this... thats not a basketball play...

How is that not a basketball play? He goes up and makes a play on the ball. It was unfortunately that Burks came down so hard but that play wasn't Paul Pierce's fault. They ruled it a common foul.

How is that not a basketball play? He goes up and makes a play on the ball. It was unfortunately that Burks came down so hard but that play wasn't Paul Pierce's fault. They ruled it a common foul.
Next time you play a game of pickup basketball be sure to foul someone like that and then explain to them how it's a basketball play, i'm sure they'll understand better than me.

The neighborhoods I grew up playing in you'd get stomped out for that.

Last edited:
Next time you play a game of pickup basketball be sure to foul someone like that and then explain to them how it's a basketball play, i'm sure they'll understand better than me.

The neighborhoods I grew up playing in you'd get stomped out for that.
This isn't street ball. This is the best league in the universe. These are world class athletes who can jump out of the gym. Burks was vulnerable because he was so high and moving at a high rate of speed. Piece had every right to contest the shot. He made no impact to the head, and there was very little wind up and follow-thru (which are some of the guidelines the NBA uses to determine flagrant fouls). When players get hurt like that, the referees will almost always lean more towards a flagrant foul but there just wasn't anything flagrant about it.

Do you expect everybody to just step aside when a player takes it hard to the rim?

I see so many players come down and slam the ball but very seldom they are flattened like that and on the majority of those plays someone could do the same thing but they don’t.

To me it’s like the star treatment as I believe if the players were reversed it would of been a technical 2. It’s dirty play to hit someone like that who is in air from a angle.
To hurt someone over a lousy 2 point play is dirty and cheap.