Voluntary Workouts?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I only see a number of players play pick up basketball throughout the offseason, other than that....that's what training camp and preseason is for.

Usually veterans organize weekend training sessions around this time. I think if Temple was still on the team he would be the type to do it. Truth is there's a mercenary type mentality in the NBA, particularly for a roster full of young guys trying to establish themselves in the league. Do you think Skal is gonna be eager to workout with Bagley and Giles(guys drafted to take his spot in the league)? This is why it's important to be able to widdle down your core to certain guys you are willing to commit to, it let's them remove some of that shark vs shark mentality that comes with the pro's and focus more on building on court chemistry with your core.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I only see a number of players play pick up basketball throughout the offseason, other than that....that's what training camp and preseason is for.
Well you have to remember that you only see what you see. There are probably a lot of pick up games being played on a regular basis that we never see, or hear about. As for the young Kings, I think as training camp draws nearer, you'll see them heading back to Sacramento, and working out together. A lot of the players train and work out in LA and in Las Vegas. Can't remember the name of the training facility, but I could take you to it in Las Vegas. Those are the two most popular training facilities on the west coast.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Well you have to remember that you only see what you see. There are probably a lot of pick up games being played on a regular basis that we never see, or hear about. As for the young Kings, I think as training camp draws nearer, you'll see them heading back to Sacramento, and working out together. A lot of the players train and work out in LA and in Las Vegas. Can't remember the name of the training facility, but I could take you to it in Las Vegas. Those are the two most popular training facilities on the west coast.
It's too bad you don't know the name of the Vegas facility, I would love to train there someday.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Yep, that's that one. Sorry I couldn't remember. I've been there many times, but when you get to be my age, well, that's why I carry a notepad with me. Anyway, it's a great facility, and you never know who you'll see when you walk in, and by the way, anyone can walk in and observe. My thanks to VF21 for coming to the rescue...