VF21

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
ugh. I don’t even know what to say.
Sure, we had our disagreements over the years but she was, for lack of a better term, THE matriarch for this wacky overly passionate corner of Kingsdom. She was nothing but good to me and the best fan the Kings could ask for and I am an infinitely better person for getting to know her over these years. ‬May she rest in peace.

‪Gonna have some rum in her memory tonight. ‬
‪Go Kings and Beat LA.

Last edited:

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Wow. I had no clue. I had just swapped some texts with her 2 days ago and there was no hint of anything this serious.

I met her several times at games or House Party Live tapings and we got along well. I liked her even if we didn’t always agree on everything. :)

So sad to hear this. She will definitely be missed. My condolences to her family and friends.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
This hurts. Although I never met her personally, Christine was a mentor and a friend, and she was as loyal a Kings fan as you will find. And yes, she was, in a lot of ways, the mother hen of the board - I never had any idea how much work she did behind the scenes to make KF.com what it is until I was brought into a moderator position. I will miss her terribly.

My prayers are with her family.

Godspeed on your next adventure, Christine!

Sad news. VF21 loved her Kings. I share her eternal optimism for this team and its fan base. She was always a welcoming presence on the board and she had a talent for writing. Back in the day when she would do a play by play thread, I would often sign on just to read her “view” of the game. She will be missed. My heartfelt condolences to her family.

ugh. I don’t even know what to say.
Sure, we had our disagreements over the years but she was, for lack of a better term, THE matriarch for this wacky overly passionate corner of Kingsdom. She was nothing but good to me and the best fan the Kings could ask for and I am an infinitely better person for getting to know her over these years. ‬May she rest in peace.

‪Gonna have some rum in her memory tonight. ‬
‪Go Kings and Beat LA.
I couldn't have said it much better. The matriarch, indeed. I'd noted her absence but did not know the extent of her health issues. May she rest in peace and, in her honor...

"I LOVE THIS TEAM!"

Wow.

I feel like I've been through a number of ups and downs as a fan of the Kings, and for the past 18 years vladefan21 and KingsFans have been right there with me. She was so often a champion for optimism. And yet, VF was not afraid to be critical of the Kings when she thought it warranted. She was passionate about her team and about these forums. She posted a lot (over 100,000 times!!) but I never felt like her posts were extraneous. I believe a huge chunk of the success of this forum is from her presence as both a fan and a moderator.

I didn't know Christine personally, but for me she stood tall on this forum with smarts, kindness and an undying love for the Sacramento Kings. My sincere condolences go to her family, friends, and all those who knew her.

She will be missed.

I am at a loss for words....I do not post much, but I have missed her presence on the forum. But I always assumed she needed a break, and I looked forward to her return. I am shocked to learn she is no longer among us.

She was the first to welcome me many years ago, and as I recall, also the first to defend me. She was certainly unique, and absolutely a committed Kings fan, and perhaps the "Ultimate Fan." My condolences also to her family and friends.

Beat L.A.!