Training camp reports open thread 2022

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Jalen Hardy looking good for like twenty minutes and then promptly looking like the worst basketball player in the universe for the next two weeks has already proven to be a repeated pattern for him so forgive me for withholding judgement on that trade until after the season.
Whether getting two likely useless seconds turns out to be better than rolling the dice on Hardy does remain to be seen, but I think it can still be pretty safely judged a bad call. If someone gives you a choice between a single ticket to an upcoming Super Lotto or a potato, you take the lotto ticket even though the potato probably has a higher expected value.

Whether getting two likely useless seconds turns out to be better than rolling the dice on Hardy does remain to be seen, but I think it can still be pretty safely judged a bad call. If someone gives you a choice between a single ticket to an upcoming Super Lotto or a potato, you take the lotto ticket even though the potato probably has a higher expected value.
What if it’s a twice-baked potato?

Is it though? Considering we didn’t start a rookie any of our last three 30-ish win seasons, I’m guessing it wouldn’t even crack the top 10 of “how 30 win teams stay 30 win teams.”
Disagree. Don't draft a player in the top 4 that you don't think is talented enough to play right out the gate on your team.

If he's not talented enough, let him fail fast and draft high again. Playing a mediocre vet ahead of a top 4 pick will guarantee your team stays mediocre.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I don't really think Keegan is being forced to earn minutes the way that Joerger did with Bagley. More like transition management. We did see him struggle with back to backs in the summer leagues. Have to imagine that even if that gets resolved for mid season, he may be pretty gassed by the end of the season and he will be key to our post season hopes, especially if we qualify for the play-in instead of snatching that 6 seed somehow.

I don't really think Keegan is being forced to earn minutes the way that Joerger did with Bagley. More like transition management. We did see him struggle with back to backs in the summer leagues. Have to imagine that even if that gets resolved for mid season, he may be pretty gassed by the end of the season and he will be key to our post season hopes, especially if we qualify for the play-in instead of snatching that 6 seed somehow.
Yeah, Not worried about Keegan in particular. It's going to be hard to keep him off the court. Was speaking as a general rule.

Not worried about his playing time just figured the coach wanted somebody in there to bang on Lebron a little to get him off his game.
I do believe KM played more minutes than anyone else on the kings last night and not always with the second team.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
the next game is in Sac on Sunday? I'm flying down Saturday for my 30 year. May just have to come see. Would be my first trip to G1C outside of a visit to the outside during final construction.