Training Camp Cuts

Good news from a Lawson standpoint. I'm guessing the FO & coach are liking what they are seeing so far considering Temple will be the only other "PG" for the first 8 games.

Lawson's ability to return to form would be huge for us this season. It's possible that we could have two top 20 PGs on our roster depending on Lawson's ability to get back to his Denver days and Collison's ability to get back to playing like he did when Malone made him the starter.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
so there it is.

As mentioned, Vlade has shown no tendency at all to panic into error. On the flipside, like Petrie the complaint can start to be that he's slow to pull the trigger to make the moves that need to be made.
To be fair, I prefer that to the PDA/Flattop "Oh god! It's been a week since our last transaction! Make a move! Make a move!" method.

I remember Koufos doing very well against that frontline. In fact arguably outplayed those guys. Certainly he and Cuz together considerably outperformed DJ/Blake.
Meh. Michael Jordan and Steve Kerr, together, could "considerably outperform" many backcourts. Doesn't mean that Kerr should have been starting over Ron Harper.

Cousins and Koufos struggled to defend the Clippers and their athletic bigs. Just too quick. It didn't even have to be Griffin or Jordan doing the damage. Being too sluggish to adequately stunt Redick off those screens hurt too. Redick had a big night, Griffin did a lot of damage in transition, and they lost Jordan for too many lobs.

The Kings were down 20-12 by the time Tolliver subbed in for Koufos, and that was when they went on a run and took a 30-25 lead at the end of the first quarter. Koufos ended the game at -11. Tolliver was a +8. Boogie was a +1.