[Game] Trailblazers @ Kings - 12/23/12

That's a bit like saying if we won 4 more game sin a row, all at home, that suddenly we wouldn't be scrubby.
Indeed. A majority of playoff teams dominate at home and play below .500 ball on the road. Here are some Home/road splits for the middle-lower playoff teams

Nets- 9-6 home---- 5-6 road---

Boston-9-5 home---- 4-8 road---

Denver- 8-1 home--- 7-12 road--

Indiana- 8-3 home--- 8-9 road--

Minnesota-- 8-3 home--- 5-9 road

The first step to becoming a playoff team is winning a majority of our games at home. All of the above teams take care of business at home and tread water on the road. Even teams like Miami and New York are only slightly above average road teams.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Indeed. A majority of playoff teams dominate at home and play below .500 ball on the road. Here are some Home/road splits for the middle-lower playoff teams

Nets- 9-6 home---- 5-6 road---

Boston-9-5 home---- 4-8 road---

Denver- 8-1 home--- 7-12 road--

Indiana- 8-3 home--- 8-9 road--

Minnesota-- 8-3 home--- 5-9 road

The first step to becoming a playoff team is winning a majority of our games at home. All of the above teams take care of business at home and tread water on the road. Even teams like Miami and New York are only slightly above average road teams.
Gnereally those teams don't sport -2.4ppg differentials, shoot .432, or allow their oppoennts to shoot a whopping .466.

They may not be Washington, but Portland comes to town you're still penciling in a W.

Gnereally those teams don't sport -2.4ppg differentials, shoot .432, or allow their oppoennts to shoot a whopping .466.

They may not be Washington, but Portland comes to town you're still penciling in a W.
I don't get how your defending our win tonight, as something any scrubs could have done. We blew out a team with a better record than us playing TEAM basketball. It doesn't matter that we were missing out 2 most talented players. Tonight showed that this team has talent and if they play together good things can happen. We NEVER blow teams out when Cousins and Tyreke are in the lineup because like it or not both of them are really isolation players, and it seems we focus too much on getting them "their touches" rather than playing a flowing offense where anyone on the court is a threat. The Kings produced a PROFESSIONAL Nba performance tonight, something Cousins has never heard of. I would like to see Tyreke with these guys, his defense helps alot, and he is a beast in the open court of course, I just want to see less isolation basketball that makes us extremely predictable.

I don't get how your defending our win tonight, as something any scrubs could have done. We blew out a team with a better record than us playing TEAM basketball. It doesn't matter that we were missing out 2 most talented players. Tonight showed that this team has talent and if they play together good things can happen. We NEVER blow teams out when Cousins and Tyreke are in the lineup because like it or not both of them are really isolation players, and it seems we focus too much on getting them "their touches" rather than playing a flowing offense where anyone on the court is a threat. The Kings produced a PROFESSIONAL Nba performance tonight, something Cousins has never heard of. I would like to see Tyreke with these guys, his defense helps alot, and he is a beast in the open court of course, I just want to see less isolation basketball that makes us extremely predictable.
So since you along with many other fans are suggesting we are playing such better basketball because cuz and/or Evans are out, what happens if we lose big to this same Portland team later this week?

K

KingMilz

Just like the Knicks were better without Melo last year right lol dude seriously get a grip on reailty. Guess what the Knicks did instead they surronded Melo with great team players who complement him and now they ae 19-6 or whatever. The Kings are not better without Cousins and Reek lol cause of one game I mean how could you write something so dumb?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
It makes the Heat extremely predicitable too. Oddly...

And no, the key to winning is not throwing scrubs out on the court who all sing kumbaya together. The key to winning is throwing talent out on the floor and having it mesh with those backup singers, or vice versa. The rest is fools gold for old washed up high school coaches and fantacisizing fans. Not the way the world works.

Come June Kevin Durant will be out there isoing when Russel Westpbrook isn't isoing. They'll likely be facing off with LeBron creating on his own when he doesn't dump it to DWade to do the same. The Lakers might recover their season to let Kobe hero some more, or maybe clear it out to throw it to Dwight in the post. There won't be any peace, love, or tuneless singing about it. Just great players banging heads to see who gets that ring. Without Reke, Cousins, or equivalent star level, iso capable players, what you saw tongiht was a complete mirage. It only means something if it forms a base to mount your star players on top of.

I absolutley btw see tonight as a posiitve game. But its not positive because its the answer to anything. its positive because as much as you need stars, you need a supporting cast who are going to play hard, play unselfishly (on top teams largely passing to the stars), and play cohesively. I have complained all season long that Petrie has failed to accumulate enoguh players of that kind, instead putting together a team full of miniature wannabe stars. I have been adovocating shipping out the wannabes for vets who know how to do just what we did tonight. So I do view it as positive -- as a step forward in developing a steady supporting cast behind the guys who can actually make us winners. Playing right is always good. Its just not enough on its own without talent.

Last edited:
Fun game. Hope no one gets the misconception that this team is better without Reke and Cousins though. Hopefully this game can show Reke and Big Cuz they need to be and can be special within a team concept.

It makes the Heat extremely predicitable too. Oddly...

And no, the key to winning is not throwing scrubs out on the court who all sing kumbaya together. The key to winning is throwing talent out on the floor and having it mesh with those backup singers, or vice versa. The rest is fools gold for old washed up high school coaches and fantacisizing fans. Not the way the world works.

come June Kevin Durant will be out there isoing when Russel Westpbrook isn't isoing. They'll likely be facing off with LeBron creating on his own when he doesn't dunmp it to DWade ot dot he same. The Lakers might recover their season to let Kobe hero some more, or maybe clear it out to throw it to Dwight in the post. There won't be any peace, love, or tuneless singing about it. Just great players banging heads to see who gets that ring. Without Reke, Cousins, or equivalent star level, iso capable players, what you saw tongiht was a complete mirage. It only means something if it forms a base to mount your star players on top of.

I absolutley btw see tonight as a posiitve game. But its not positive because its the answer to anything. its positive because as much as you need stars, you need a supporting cast who are going to play hard, play unselfishly (on top team largely passing to the stars), and play cohesively. I have complained all season long thatPetrie has failed to accumulate enoguh players of that kind, instead putting together a team full of miniature waanbe stars. I have been adovocating shipping out the wnnabes for vets who know how to do just what we did tonight. So I do view it as positive -- as a step forwward in developing a steady supporting cast behind the guys who can actually make us winners. Palying right is always good. Its just not enough on its own without talent.
Cousins and Tyreke aren't near the level of those players, Cousins regularly gets blocked going to the rim, Lebron can isolate because no one in the NBA can gaurd his combinations of size, power, speed, shooting ability etc. Teams right now are more than content to let Cousins fire of 22 footers and clank 70% of them, also they are happy to block a good majority of his flips to the rim as if he were a guard. Tyreke and Cousins are talented, but lets let them play like all stars before all of a sudden comparing them to multiple time MVP's.

Cousins and Tyreke aren't near the level of those players, Cousins regularly gets blocked going to the rim, Lebron can isolate because no one in the NBA can gaurd his combinations of size, power, speed, shooting ability etc. Teams right now are more than content to let Cousins fire of 22 footers and clank 70% of them, also they are happy to block a good majority of his flips to the rim as if he were a guard. Tyreke and Cousins are talented, but lets let them play like all stars before all of a sudden comparing them to multiple time MVP's.
Beat me to it. All Cousins and Tyreke have proven is they have a lot of untapped potential and occasionally showcase dominance. Bricklayer just named 5 of the top 10 players in the NBA. Our guys aren't even close to being mentioned as the same caliber of player as them

Did someone miss the statistics that Kings starting five with both Cousins and Reke plays almost as good as any starting five? Add more competent coaching that can establish some sort of offense, which way do you think the situation changes? Change Salmons for better shooter-defender? What Brooks does is also not even close to being unique and you can find much better defender with similar combo-guard skills, Lowry, for example. I'm not saying they are ready to challenge, but they are close to be able to compete.

I do not understand the willingness of people to just give up in the absence of Evans and Cousins. It will be good to get Evans back, but Cousins has been a distraction and the team can play just as well against most team without him.

L

LWP777

I do not understand the willingness of people to just give up in the absence of Evans and Cousins. It will be good to get Evans back, but Cousins has been a distraction and the team can play just as well against most team without him.
I'm not giving up at all. In fact, I'm enjoying watching this team play without DMC on the floor. They play harder and more as a team without him. It's not like they were winning games with him so even if they continue to lose but play hard I'll be a happy camper. The players are making it very clear that they sided with the coach and management on this one. The inmate was running the asylum and that rubbed off on the other players in their effort each and every night.

Let's get this guy out of town (assuming we can get some decent pieces for him) and start fresh!

I'm not giving up at all. In fact, I'm enjoying watching this team play without DMC on the floor. They play harder and more as a team without him. It's not like they were winning games with him so even if they continue to lose but play hard I'll be a happy camper. The players are making it very clear that they sided with the coach and management on this one. The inmate was running the asylum and that rubbed off on the other players in their effort each and every night.

Let's get this guy out of town (assuming we can get some decent pieces for him) and start fresh!

When people defended cousins or pointed to how the culture, coaching and lack of vets contributed to this mess, a bunch of you were up in arms abou how it's Cousin's responsibility to rise above it and that you couldn't blame external "excuses". Now you same fans are on here claiming that the reason all these guys have sucked the entire year, because they just couldn't deal with the environment big bad cuz created. Bit hipocritical, no?