Trading Our Cap Space

Middleton is good, real good, 20/5/4 and 1.5 stls good, and 13 per year w/player option next year is great value.
Bucks have 5 point guards and 2 sf. I don't see them trading away middleton and only having one sf.

Pgs
Bledsoe, delladova, Divincenzo, Jennings, Brogdon

Sf
Giannis, Middleton

Saw this from Woj on Twitter:
Sacramento is finalizing a trade to send forward Garrett Temple to Memphis for Ben McLemore, Deyonta Davis and cash, league sources tell ESPN.

I don't understand this at all. Another (non) shooting guard and big? Hopefully, Ben is cut immediately. I don't want to see one second of him on the Kings again.

Why is winning more games good?
Because the goal is to win games.
Firstly, no, the goal is to make the playoffs and make a competitive run in doing so, not win 36 games. I never asked why winning more games is good, I asked why is this move WORTH IT? Why is using this method, during this time period, seen as a value-adding move in comparison to other value-adding moves? That was the question. If you think 4 or 5 more wins while remaining under 40 wins in total is worth 15-20 million dollars a year, then there's really nothing else for us to discuss.

I don't agree with the timeline argument. Do you want a team composed entirely of young pups?
A rebuilding team typically rebuilds via multiple drafts. Do I "want a team...of young pups?" I don't understand the question. The team sucks, and have had several lottery drafts as a result. This is the reality of a rebuild, whether I like it or not.

Our core is essentially established
Fox, Buddy, Bogi, Giles, Bagley. Players added beyond this core are complimentary pieces.
And whether you like it or not, it will take a couple of years for them to improve to the point where they are competing at the level of guys like Wall, Lillard, and KAT, if they can.

Talent is talent. The right talent could turn this team around. Let's take Smart for instance. A great defender, if Shump gets to where he was and Giles is a beast then that could change the identity of the team.
But no contending team pays that level of talent the amount of money that is required to obtain them, which was addressed in my previous post. Those types of contracts hamstring franchises, not improve them.

36 wins is a step in the rigjt direction.
It is exactly a step in the wrong direction, because it doesn't add the kind of value that progresses towards a playoff push. You see 5-10 more wins, in the hopes that the team can take the next step afterwards. The reality is that they would spend the next couple of years in the limbo state of not being bad enough for a lottery pick, but not being good enough to get to the playoffs. Then, the 2-4 year deals will be up, and they will have to max out Fox and presumably Bagley to retain them, along with give their other guys a pay day to retain their core. Sorry, if you want something different than the status quo, then you should start expecting a different approach. All we saw during the mid 2000's was a team making bad MLE deals clinging onto relevancy and during the Cousins era being too quick to blow up a coaching staff and make bad decision after bad decision when it came to drafts and trades. Let's stop doing the same thing.[/quote][/QUOTE]

This is your THIRD time saying the exact same thing.
Yup, and I'll keep saying it over and over until the fanbase stops discussing signing a free agent as a means to improve the team.

Let's put it another way: the kings have no shot to sign Leonard next seasons. Or Lillard if he were a free agent. Or Steph Curry if he ever decided to test the marketplace. But ya know what? The kings could have drafted all of those guys and a good shot at keeping them (hell, Demarcus for as discontent as he was wanted to stay and would have signed a super max deal). So as long as there are fans who still think its a good idea to blow cap on a useless free agent, I'm going to repeat myself until this team learns how to win making smarter decisions from the front office and the fans wake up to reality.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You disagree, we get it. So when you argue you just yell the same thing louder and louder?

What the hell else are we supposed to do?
Stop ruining the ride.
Well, you could just scroll on by. Or you could put him on "ignore".

It a silly thing to keep saying, IMO, but it's not like he did it in all caps and alternating bright colors or with a huge gif. It's just one post - well, maybe three or 4. There have been a lot worse things.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yup, and I'll keep saying it over and over until the fanbase stops discussing signing a free agent as a means to improve the team.

Let's put it another way: the kings have no shot to sign Leonard next seasons. Or Lillard if he were a free agent. Or Steph Curry if he ever decided to test the marketplace. But ya know what? The kings could have drafted all of those guys and a good shot at keeping them (hell, Demarcus for as discontent as he was wanted to stay and would have signed a super max deal). So as long as there are fans who still think its a good idea to blow cap on a useless free agent, I'm going to repeat myself until this team learns how to win making smarter decisions from the front office and the fans wake up to reality.
Your opinion is not the only opinion. If you think your post is going to impact how the front office operates and/or whether or not fans wake up to your reality, you're going to be sadly disappointed on both fronts.

Well, you could just scroll on by. Or you could put him on "ignore".

It a silly thing to keep saying, IMO, but it's not like he did it in all caps and alternating bright colors or with a huge gif. It's just one post - well, maybe three or 4. There have been a lot worse things.
Unfortunately, problem with ignore is that it hides the whole thread that ignored individual starts.

Any chance to get that corrected (just hide post not the whole thread)?

Miami is mending fences with Whiteside, but is heavy at SG, wants to dump 2 yr 44 mil of Tyler Johnson contract
Kings stretch Davis gets cap to 21.5 +WCS 4.7 for Tyler 22mil+ Winslow3.5 Mil + 2019 1st rd pick - unprotected
Miami saves 21 mil has luxury tax space for Melo, Wade and Haslem salaries and gets young PF
Hassan.Olynyk at C WCS and Bam at PF - 4 quality bigs plus Melo ,Derrick Jones at SF
We get a young SF, and a good 1st pick next yr

Miami is mending fences with Whiteside, but is heavy at SG, wants to dump 2 yr 44 mil of Tyler Johnson contract
Kings stretch Davis gets cap to 21.5 +WCS 4.7 for Tyler 22mil+ Winslow3.5 Mil + 2019 1st rd pick - unprotected
Miami saves 21 mil has luxury tax space for Melo, Wade and Haslem salaries and gets young PF
Hassan.Olynyk at C WCS and Bam at PF - 4 quality bigs plus Melo ,Derrick Jones at SF
We get a young SF, and a good 1st pick next yr
1. Why would we throw away young cheap talent for nothing? We should see what Davis has. Maybe he needed a change of scenery? A buyout for B-Mac would be great, especially if he accepts a buyout lower than his salary. Davis makes no sense and would only add 500k to our cap if stretched (see below).

2. Why would we want to pay for 3 years of a player that is not playing? Again, there is no reason to do this. We are already paying matt freakin' barnes, papa g, and caron butler for not playing. You want to add to this list? Why?

3. We are at 20.5 if we stretch that spreads a (1.5) salary for three years, so we would be at 21 mil, not 21.5.

Unfortunately, problem with ignore is that it hides the whole thread that ignored individual starts.

Any chance to get that corrected (just hide post not the whole thread)?
I was lucky. Born with an innate ignore button imbedded in my noodle. I just scroll on by. :)

Which is rare. I find a few posters occasionally annoying, but at least they are not offensive. I always think back to the old "crash dummy commercials" " You could learn a lot from a dummy" ( not aimed at anyone in particular. )

Hence why I have no one on ignore. They might have something insightful from time to time, that I would have missed otherwise. Easy for me to NOPE my way past a post of theirs that is obviously not relevant to my interests or worthy of my time.

1. Why would we throw away young cheap talent for nothing? We should see what Davis has. Maybe he needed a change of scenery? A buyout for B-Mac would be great, especially if he accepts a buyout lower than his salary. Davis makes no sense and would only add 500k to our cap if stretched (see below).

2. Why would we want to pay for 3 years of a player that is not playing? Again, there is no reason to do this. We are already paying matt freakin' barnes, papa g, and caron butler for not playing. You want to add to this list? Why?

3. We are at 20.5 if we stretch that spreads a (1.5) salary for three years, so we would be at 21 mil, not 21.5.
1. The Davis stretch is because our cap is not big enough for the deal
2. Its only 2 yrs on Tyler contract not 3, Played 72 games, started 39
We do it to get a young SF (Rd 1 #10 overall pick) to go with Justin
We do it to get a decent 2019 1st rd pick

A SF starter and a 1st , whats not to like
Everyone says trade cap for pick
Everyone says trade WCS for SF

4 man rotation in backcourt, Bogs splits between PG,SG
2 SF
4 bigs

Fox, Bogs, mason, cheap Summer League or Camp PG
Bogs,Buddy,Tyler,Bmac
Winslow,Justin, Shump
Bagley, Skal,Zbo
Giles, KK

or

Fox,Mason
Buddy,Tyler
Bogs. Winslow
Bagley,Skal
Giles,KK

Last edited:
If we keep davis, and trade KK instead of WCS , that's ok if they will do it
Cap savings not as good for Miami, and they don't want to trade Winslow
so felt we needed WCS as a sweetner

with OKC doing deal with Atl
Raptors seem solid on their roster

Harkless(SF) 10 mil (2yrs), 2019 1st rd for a 2nd rd pick(maybe 2)

Kings get starting SF until Justin develops and a 1st
we still have 10mil cap space to get a Backup PG
Maybe trade with clippers?

Portland saves 10 mil sal and 17mil Tax, and another 11 mil next year

with OKC doing deal with Atl
Raptors seem solid on their roster

Harkless(SF) 10 mil (2yrs), 2019 1st rd for a 2nd rd pick(maybe 2)

Kings get starting SF until Justin develops and a 1st
we still have 10mil cap space to get a Backup PG
Maybe trade with clippers?

Portland saves 10 mil sal and 17mil Tax, and another 11 mil next year
I don't see Portland (or Washington) giving up a first rounder in a salary dump. They are not that far over the Luxury Tax. They could just as easily stretch one of their bad contracts and get under the Luxury Tax threshold, without giving up draft picks.

The only teams left that may want a salary dump for a 1st round pick may be Miami and Houston or OKC (to dump Schroder's salary). Otherwise the salary dump market is drying up fast.

If we look at the Temple trade the Kings just made to open up 1 more million in salary cap space to get to 20.5 million.

And we match it up to where Ryan Anderson's salary at 20.42 million per for 2 years, are we on the verge of a Ryan Anderson salary dump for a couple of 1st round picks?

Once Houston clears Anderson off the books, they can sign Clint Capella to his contract.

If the Kings do it, I want at least 2 future first round picks for this salary dump. The first year Houston can trade a 1st is 2020, since they didn't have their 1st rounder this year.

If we look at the Temple trade the Kings just made to open up 1 more million in salary cap space to get to 20.5 million.

And we match it up to where Ryan Anderson's salary at 20.42 million per for 2 years, are we on the verge of a Ryan Anderson salary dump for a couple of 1st round picks?

Once Houston clears Anderson off the books, they can sign Clint Capella to his contract.

If the Kings do it, I want at least 2 future first round picks for this salary dump. The first year Houston can trade a 1st is 2020, since they didn't have their 1st rounder this year.
So tell Houston will absorb Ryan 40 mil for 2 1st rd pics(2019,2021 unprot) for 2 2nd rd picks
Can Ryan play a stretch 3? LOL

or

if you rather we can send Clint 4 yr 100m offer sheet

Your choice