Trade Suggestion: Fox for Simmons + #28

dude12

Hall of Famer
Lol you literally created a ranking system and now say you don't have tiers. Still no logic, still no argument, still no numbers aside from 25 and 7 on a losing team.
You keep lumping posts together. I didn’t create a ranking system. I reacted to one. But I don’t really have to go beyond 25 and 7, that’s why there’s no argument. You can’t argue those numbers.

You keep lumping posts together. I didn’t create a ranking system. I reacted to one. But I don’t really have to go beyond 25 and 7, that’s why there’s no argument. You can’t argue those numbers.
And how many times he carried the Kings either across or as close to the finish line as he did. He wasn't even ball hogging like most do in that scenario. He literally had no other choice. He put the team on his back and not only had to fight the other team in the process but his own teams system, rotations, and strategy. This franchise hasn't made it easy on him from day 1, yet, here he is.

If the Kings get a deal done for Simmons, it may be some form or Buddy, Harrison Barnes and 2 future firsts (top lottery protected). Not sure Bagley gets a deal done, but substitute Barnes and I think Philly could bite.

Problem being, Bagley would need to become a high volume, solid 3 point shooter to fill the Power Forward spot opposite Simmons at SF/Point Forward.

If the Kings get a deal done for Simmons, it may be some form or Buddy, Harrison Barnes and 2 future firsts (top lottery protected). Not sure Bagley gets a deal done, but substitute Barnes and I think Philly could bite.

Problem being, Bagley would need to become a high volume, solid 3 point shooter to fill the Power Forward spot opposite Simmons at SF/Point Forward.
You could probably trade Bagley for Bertans if that’s how it played out. I’m not a huge Bertans fan - but he’d make sense next to Foxiburtons and Holmes.

I’d hate to see HB go but if that what it takes to get Simmons then do it.
Bagley has improved his 3 point shot % but the void can also be filled elsewhere. Any combo that brings in Simmons without including our three young guards seems to me a move worth taking.

I’d hate to see HB go but if that what it takes to get Simmons then do it.
Bagley has improved his 3 point shot % but the void can also be filled elsewhere. Any combo that brings in Simmons without including our three young guards seems to me a move worth taking.
The fit with your remaining line-up would be terrible. Buddy and Barnes are exactly the type of player you want to put around Ben. This isn’t fantasy basketball. The strengths and weaknesses of the players must be complementary. You don’t surround Simmons with average or below average floor spacing players.

The fit with your remaining line-up would be terrible. Buddy and Barnes are exactly the type of player you want to put around Ben. This isn’t fantasy basketball. The strengths and weaknesses of the players must be complementary. You don’t surround Simmons with average or below average floor spacing players.
Your likely right however I get from the poster I responded to that Philadelphia would only possibly bite if we replaced Bagley for Barnes. Buddy was always part of the equation.
I guess it just depends how much one values Simmons. Yes we would need floor spacers to surround him but whats more valuable and what’s easier to obtain, a player of Simmons caliber or players that complement him.
I’m starting to think a trade is unlikely, but it appears McNair is fine with sacrificing a bit of offence for defense, at least for now.

Last edited:
John Wall trade options: Three potential destinations for the former five-time All-Star (msn.com)

Sixers, Kings
  • Philadelphia receives: John Wall, first-round pick from Houston, first-round pick from Sacramento
  • Houston receives: Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III
  • Sacramento receives: Ben Simmons, filler salary from Sixers to make the money work
A straight swap between the Sixers and Rockets feels unlikely for a few reasons, namely the Rockets could have had Ben Simmons last year in the James Harden deal if they really wanted him. Still, with Simmons trying to force his way out of Philadelphia, you have to at least include the Sixers in the conversation here. To do that, what about a potential three-team trade involving the Sacramento Kings -- a team that has been in the mix regarding Simmons?

Of course, this all hinges on the Sixers actually wanting Wall, and it's not clear if they do. Or if they'd be willing to take that sort of return for Simmons. But with his trade value sinking by the day, and his threats of a holdout lingering over the team, the Sixers might have to take what they can get. If they do give up Simmons, however, they'd need other assets besides just Wall, perhaps first-round picks from each club.

The Kings' interest here is obvious. They could get an All-Star for two players they've been trying to trade for a while and a first-round pick. Even in a tough Western Conference, Simmons' arrival would give them a chance to make the playoffs for the first time since 2006.

As for the Rockets, Hield and Bagley would be a solid return for Wall. Hield is a player many contenders would want, and could be easily flipped for more assets to continue the rebuild. Bagley, meanwhile, fits their timeline and still has a lot of talent even if he hasn't lived up to his potential.

philly- i really doubt it they would be taking on too much salary
Kings - hell yeah
Houston - Why not?

John Wall trade options: Three potential destinations for the former five-time All-Star (msn.com)

Sixers, Kings
  • Philadelphia receives: John Wall, first-round pick from Houston, first-round pick from Sacramento
  • Houston receives: Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III
  • Sacramento receives: Ben Simmons, filler salary from Sixers to make the money work
A straight swap between the Sixers and Rockets feels unlikely for a few reasons, namely the Rockets could have had Ben Simmons last year in the James Harden deal if they really wanted him. Still, with Simmons trying to force his way out of Philadelphia, you have to at least include the Sixers in the conversation here. To do that, what about a potential three-team trade involving the Sacramento Kings -- a team that has been in the mix regarding Simmons?

Of course, this all hinges on the Sixers actually wanting Wall, and it's not clear if they do. Or if they'd be willing to take that sort of return for Simmons. But with his trade value sinking by the day, and his threats of a holdout lingering over the team, the Sixers might have to take what they can get. If they do give up Simmons, however, they'd need other assets besides just Wall, perhaps first-round picks from each club.

The Kings' interest here is obvious. They could get an All-Star for two players they've been trying to trade for a while and a first-round pick. Even in a tough Western Conference, Simmons' arrival would give them a chance to make the playoffs for the first time since 2006.

As for the Rockets, Hield and Bagley would be a solid return for Wall. Hield is a player many contenders would want, and could be easily flipped for more assets to continue the rebuild. Bagley, meanwhile, fits their timeline and still has a lot of talent even if he hasn't lived up to his potential.

philly- i really doubt it they would be taking on too much salary
Kings - hell yeah
Houston - Why not?
this would be perfect

Why are so many convinced Ben Simmons will actual help this team priduce wins?

I'm not sure he is 100% mentally.
He is a major distraction and constant drama.
He can't shoot.
Doesn't fit on the roster, especially after trading a shooter or two.
He has an albatross contract.
We have ball handlers already.
Etc.

Too many unknowns to be throwing in FR pick or picks especially when we actually started drafting well.

dude12

Hall of Famer

He can't shoot.
Etc.

Too many unknowns to be throwing in FR pick or picks especially when we actually started drafting well.
Simmons would have to fit the Draymond Green role for us……it’s intriguing but at the expense of including HB and multiple lottery picks to a Hield deal. Eff that.

Simmons would have to fit the Draymond Green role for us……it’s intriguing but at the expense of including HB and multiple lottery picks to a Hield deal. Eff that.
Yeah, and Draymond looked great when he had 2-3 of the best shooters the game has known around him - and fell off a dang cliff when Durant left and Steph/Klay got hurt. Would love to have Simmons' defense in the mix, but if acquiring him means giving up the shooters who would maximize his value, just not feeling it.

Yeah, and Draymond looked great when he had 2-3 of the best shooters the game has known around him - and fell off a dang cliff when Durant left and Steph/Klay got hurt. Would love to have Simmons' defense in the mix, but if acquiring him means giving up the shooters who would maximize his value, just not feeling it.
I agree giving up shooters a la Buddy AND HB. But if it’s just Buddy I’m down. Draymond didn’t fall off a cliff he’s still a very good player. They made playoffs with Curry and a G Lgeaue squad last Season. What he does doesn’t show up on the stat sheet.

He can't shoot.
Etc.

He might be the best defensive player in the NBA. Certainly the most versatile
He's a top 10 playmaker/passer in the NBA
He's a monster in transition, but doesn't get to use it with Philly slow pace
He "cant shoot", but he's also 14-16 PPG on elite efficiency. So who cares?
He's the best wing rebounder in the NBA by a significant margin. No one else is even close.

None of these attributes help the Kings? I swear, some Kings fans would complain if prime Jordan were available "Well, how would he fit with Fox??!?! He can't shoot 3's!"

He might be the best defensive player in the NBA. Certainly the most versatile
He's a top 10 playmaker/passer in the NBA
He's a monster in transition, but doesn't get to use it with Philly slow pace
He "cant shoot", but he's also 14-16 PPG on elite efficiency. So who cares?
He's the best wing rebounder in the NBA by a significant margin. No one else is even close.

None of these attributes help the Kings? I swear, some Kings fans would complain if prime Jordan were available "Well, how would he fit with Fox??!?! He can't shoot 3's!"
I'd give up anyone basically but Fox Haliburton Mitchell

I'd give up anyone basically but Fox Haliburton Mitchell
yeah there's a different between a players on-court value and his value around the league. Ben Simmons would be the best player on the Kings and there's a mountain of stats to back that up. But the Sixers have done such a horrible job at protecting his value (basically scape-goating him for all their problems) and it's manifested in a situation where Simmons might not report to camp or even sit out games. Something they can't afford with an expensive veteran core that's smack in the middle of their prime. So a smart team operates from a position of strength and doesn't offer your exciting young prospect/player for him

It's almost always the case that the team trading the star gets pennies on the dollar. Harden last year. Cp3 like 4 times now. When we traded Boogie Cousins. The hope is the Ben Simmons situations continues to devolve to where they're forced into taking a package like Barnes/Buddy (or Bagley) and a FRP or 2 for him.