Trade Suggestion: Fox for Simmons + #28

I love Hali. But I’d pull the trigger. Getting a first team all-defensive player with size and playmaking ability is a tough get. Especially one that is locked into a contract.

Then the Kings just need to find a 3 and D shooting guard and the starters are set.
I'd hate it too. Watching Hali has been some of the most fun I've had watching Kings ball in the last 10 years and he seems like a generally good guy off the floor too that cares about Sac. But you have to pull the trigger on that and figure out the complimentary pieces later. Fox/Mitchell/Simmons/Barnes/Holmes is a legit playoff starting 5 with some real upside growth because of the ages of Fox/Mitchell/Simmons.

It would be one thing if the Kings had the assets to make a deal, but honestly, I think the Warriors have the most to offer other than the Kings will obviously have a better draft pick.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
It would be one thing if the Kings had the assets to make a deal, but honestly, I think the Warriors have the most to offer other than the Kings will obviously have a better draft pick.
It’s going to be a battle of the low-balls at this point. Convince them Buddy and Bagley will be the ULTIMATE COMPLIMENTS to Embiid and hope for the best. Lol

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Warriors already have a better Ben Simmons on their roster though and the Sixers want win now pieces rather than all the young players Bob Meyers has accumulated for some reason.

Only the Warriors and Kings can conceivably make a trade Philly would bite on so while I am absolutely certain Paul will not allow his clients to Sacramento there aren't really LA options that work.

Buddy Hield
Harrison Barnes
2022 SAC 1st (Unprotected)
2024 SAC 1st (Unprotected)
2026 SAC 1st (Unprotected)

for

Ben Simmons
Isaiah Joe

PG - Fox / Mitchell
SG - Haliburton / Davis / Ramsey / Joe
SF - Simmons / Harkless / King
PF - Bagley / Metu / Woodard
C - Holmes / Thompson / Len / Queta / Jones

PG - Curry / Maxey / Milton
SG - Green / Hield / Springer
SF - Barnes / Thybulle / Korkmaz
PF - Harris / Niang / Reed
C - Embiid / Drummond

Buddy Hield
Harrison Barnes

for

Ben Simmons
Isaiah Joe

PG - Fox / Mitchell

C - Embiid / Drummond
Yep, I think Buddy/Barnes package is what they'd want over Bagley. Get 2 plug and play starters that perfectly compliment Embiid's skill-set and give him spacing and secondary scoring options. They'd be absolutely filthy with Seth/Buddy/Barnes/Green spacing around Harris and Embiid.

If i'm McNair, I'm holding until they're forced into taking this sort of offer. Philly just loses leverage every single day that passes as we get closer to training camp. It's not a fair value for Simmons under normal circumstances, but this is about as good as Philly can hope to do if everyone else holds out a star player/prospect for him.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Buddy Hield
Harrison Barnes

for

Ben Simmons
Isaiah Joe

PG - Fox / Mitchell

C - Embiid / Drummond
Three unprotected picks is nuts. I mean, that's what Morey wants, but you know he's not going to get that. It sounds like the Sixers are going to be lucky to get one unprotected pick for Simmons right now as he burns bridges on the way out of town to anywhere. So not only is that more than Morey can possibly get from anybody else, it would also tie up our first round draft picks for other trades for 6 years. We should hold strong to an offer of 2022 unprotected, or 2022 lotto protected (becomes 2023 2nd if not conveyed) + 2023 top-4 protected swap.

Three unprotected picks is nuts. I mean, that's what Morey wants, but you know he's not going to get that. It sounds like the Sixers are going to be lucky to get one unprotected pick for Simmons right now as he burns bridges on the way out of town to anywhere. So not only is that more than Morey can possibly get from anybody else, it would also tie up our first round draft picks for other trades for 6 years. We should hold strong to an offer of 2022 unprotected, or 2022 lotto protected (becomes 2023 2nd if not conveyed) + 2023 top-4 protected swap.
Plus if we're not on the list of acceptable teams that would make our offer lower. And if GSW don't want him there aren't too many teams that can make an offer and none of them are in CA. Monte can slow cook this because if we don't get Simmons I am not going to cry myself to sleep over missing out on a guy who probably would do us dirty down the road.