Trade / Luke or both

Kings are well on their way to another year of missing the play-offs. Doubt Vivek let’s Monte sit and let him own the record for incompetence. So what happens first?

1) fire Luke

2) trade to reshape a horrible roster.

3) fire Luke and Monte and beg Ainge to take over…..

For me it’s both. I’d fire Walton. Trade Fox for Simmons. I feel Fox’s seeming disinterest and lack of energy is spreading throughout the team, considering he’s the leader. Starting lineup of:

Hali
Buddy
Barnes
Simmons
Holmes

Eventually I’d look for a better defending SG but this would be a good lineup until then imo.

I think Ainge may be headed for the Portland job.

Anyways, gotta fire Luke and then trades. Hopefully new coach can better use all the players so Monte knows who to trade. Maybe he can up their value too.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Both. I think they go hand in hand but are battles on two separate fronts. Luke is done, done, done. Been there, done that. Over. On the other side, this team needs wing depth. Period. No escaping it. Unlikely to be found for free on the trade market or cheap on the waiver wire.

And before Vivek begs Ainge, he needs to beg the guy Ainge used carry the bags for, Larry Bird. See, Vivek had it right at the start. He went straight to Larry when he bought the team IIRC. Or that was the rumor. Bird said nah, no thanks. Well, that's a nice franchise you got there Vivek. About 2-5 percent of it might be enough to get a deal done this time.

FIre Luke is a must.

And then Monte needs to do more than signing undrafted players, minimum vets or trading out of rotation players. He will have to do a trade that makes us better, meaning he will take a risk and it will be a testament to his ability.

Last edited:
I think you start with firing Luke and then give it 20 games to see how this group does with a different coach. If it's still a dumpster fire, then you blow it up and start a new rebuild. Fun!!!
20 games is too short of a time to implement a new system IMO. It took more than a season to change things for Coach Joerger and Coach Karl but things did change, twice.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
FIre Luke is a must.

And than Monte needs to do more than signing undrafted players, minimum vets or trading out of rotation players. He will have to do a trade that makes us better, meaning he will take a risk and it will be a testament to his ability.
Or expecting win now draft picks to be the difference making moves to get into the playoffs let alone that play the same positions basically. As a fan, it's a good thing he drafted win sooner with less upside players in Haliburton and Davion because if they needed that development or had some major upside then the roles they are in would be stifling the heck out of it.

For me it’s both. I’d fire Walton. Trade Fox for Simmons. I feel Fox’s seeming disinterest and lack of energy is spreading throughout the team, considering he’s the leader. Starting lineup of:

Hali
Buddy
Barnes
Simmons
Holmes

Eventually I’d look for a better defending SG but this would be a good lineup until then imo.
Agree. Fire Walton, trade Fox for Simmons, keep a look out for decent trades to move Buddy.

20 games is too short of a time to implement a new system IMO. It took more than a season to change things for Coach Joerger and Coach Karl but things did change, twice.
But the turnaround, if there is any chance now that this has dragged on so long, would be the attitude and stability and you'll see that within 20 games or so. Bobby is the perfect common sense, safety hire on all fronts. He knows THESE players, he just wants a chance to be a head coach, and he's shown the ability to develop youth. Vivek, your best bet is right there for the taking! Right there. If it's a disaster then he didn't break the bank for once and you can move along.

But the turnaround, if there is any chance now that this has dragged on so long, would be the attitude and stability and you'll see that within 20 games or so. Bobby is the perfect common sense, safety hire on all fronts. He knows THESE players, he just wants a chance to be a head coach, and he's shown the ability to develop youth. Vivek, your best bet is right there for the taking! Right there. If it's a disaster then he didn't break the bank for once and you can move along.
Which is exactly why it probably won't happen. With Ranadive at the head

Or expecting win now draft picks to be the difference making moves to get into the playoffs let alone that play the same positions basically. As a fan, it's a good thing he drafted win sooner with less upside players in Haliburton and Davion because if they needed that development or had some major upside then the roles they are in would be stifling the heck out of it.
At the end of days only the result matters. Monte won't get credit for holding the assets if the results are not there. I don't see how the current squad works out though.

Both. I think they go hand in hand but are battles on two separate fronts. Luke is done, done, done. Been there, done that. Over. On the other side, this team needs wing depth. Period. No escaping it. Unlikely to be found for free on the trade market or cheap on the waiver wire.

And before Vivek begs Ainge, he needs to beg the guy Ainge used carry the bags for, Larry Bird. See, Vivek had it right at the start. He went straight to Larry when he bought the team IIRC. Or that was the rumor. Bird said nah, no thanks. Well, that's a nice franchise you got there Vivek. About 2-5 percent of it might be enough to get a deal done this time.
Fire Walton first.

Bagley for Gallo, which I actually heard Hawks fans talking about earlier today. Spacing in the starting unit is perfect, get Harkless back in the rotation off the bench and your wing depth is fixed.

The decision to fire Walton has already been made. The FO is just waiting for the right time to announce it. That’s not going to happen between back-to-back home games.

Which is exactly why it probably won't happen. With Ranadive at the head
I think Vivek gets a bad rep based on his earlier meddling. Since the last few years, AFAIK, he has given a free hand to the GMs.

One can question his choice of GMs, particularly Vlade, but I don't buy the meddling owner bit (unless there are news reports that I have missed. Not being in the area, that's quite likely, so apologies if I am speaking out of ignorance).

The decision to fire Walton has already been made. The FO is just waiting for the right time to announce it. It’s not going to be between back-to-back home games.
Yeah, wait until after they beat the Jazz by 20+ so all the outsiders can title their headlines "Vivek does it again! Worst owner is sports! How dare he!". haha.

Firing him now might increase those laggy ticket sales as well.

I think Vivek gets a bad rep based on his earlier meddling. Since the last few years, AFAIK, he has given a free hand to the GMs.

One can question his choice of GMs, particularly Vlade, but I don't buy the meddling owner bit (unless there are news reports that I have missed. Not being in the area, that's quite likely, so apologies if I am speaking out of ignorance).
Do you really think the owner will have no say in a head coach fire or hire?

Yeah, wait until after they beat the Jazz by 20+ so all the outsiders can title their headlines "Vivek does it again! Worst owner is sports! How dare he!". haha.

Firing him now might increase those laggy ticket sales as well.
I've heard a nine game stretch being thrown around, I assume that means from the Pacers loss to the end of this homestand. So I expect if it's going to happen to be after tomorrow's game or before they take off on their next road trip.

Vivek's too trusting and usually manipulated by the wrong people. That's his problem. He chooses the smooth talkers every time. He falls in love with their sharp suits and online degrees. He picks the Pete D'Allesandros over the Mike Malones. He told Vlade straight out Dumars wouldn't interfere in any way. Then Dumars did interfere in that exact way as they tried to talk Vlade into giving Joe more power. Vlade left. That's how it went down. People bashed Vlade but careful what you wish for. Vlade to his credit tried to at least somewhat head off the problems at the pass. He didn't duck his head in the sand. Meddling? I don't agree either. In order to meddle I think he would have to have a firmer grasp on the NBA as both a business and game than he even really cares to.

Definitely Luke must be fired. No further justification is required to let him go. Next you entertain trades for certain players, but you don't go into full rebuild. I don't think we're in a position where we have contracts for players that both can't win, and restrict us from improving the roster from a salary cap perspective. I don't think you can trade any of Fox, Haliburton, or Mitchell unless the return is extremely high.

Hali
Buddy
Barnes
Simmons
Holmes

I used to be in favor of trading for Ben but not with that clown klutch agency I want not part of that nonsense.

Is there any way to fire the owner? I would do that first. He's probably the most stingy owner in the league. If not, then Luke got to go. I seen enough of tonight's game to say the talents of this team is being misused by the coaches because of the style of play, the way they play ain't doing it for me. The intelligent of this team is off. Second, they need to get rid of some dumb low IQ players on this team...Buddy Hield and Bagley. Everyone else except Haliburton, Mitchell, Holmes, Barnes. Fox is on the fence for me.

Last edited: