Damian Lillard

So firstly, thanks for your response, it sure beats "I wouldn't trade Fox for anything just because he likes Sacramento" posts after I've taken the effort to explain my reasoning and expectation.

To what you said about outside factors, I don't deny that they matter. But I think that with the argument I've put forward (put side Trae and Booker, look at the long list of all the other guys), it is more likely than not that Fox will not be a superstar capable of leading our team to deep playoff runs. And if that's the case, it only makes sense to me that one should be willing to trade him for a legitimate superstar like Dame. Because if he's not a superstar, then the alternative for us to win is via the overall good team route like the Pistons/IT Celtics/Grizzlies. But then again, I'm sure the Pistons would have traded Billups for Iverson (or whatever example, you get what I mean) if they could.
I hope you didn’t think I was blowing off your take on trading for Lillard. I generally enjoy a good debate.
I try to keep it simple in part because I no longer have much exposure to games so kind of hard to comment on how one player compares to another.
As I said before, 9 years ago I thought Lillard was the pick and would have loved that. Unfortunately the ownership and management got distracted by a player that everyone thought dropped and could fill a need if JT wasn’t retained.
Lillard isn’t ancient but he does have 7? years on Fox. He’s been a great player that I recon wouldn’t be happy here if supporting cast is a reason he’s seeking a trade. For now he is arguably the more effective player, but what I’ve seen of Fox not for long and yes Fox seems to want to win here.
I know we don’t want to set a playoff drought record, but believe our young backcourt is the best thing to happen to the Kings since Webber and company roamed the courts. I want to build on that and think Monte has the savvy to do that.
All my opinions are based on reading, watching a fair amount of video, generally clips after the fact, and player interviews. Unfortunately, I haven’t even made it to a game since arco.

Last edited:
I hope you didn’t think I was blowing off your take on trading for Lillard. I generally enjoy a good debate.
I try to keep it simple in part because I no longer have much exposure to games so kind of hard to comment on how one player compares to another.
As I said before, 9 years ago I thought Lillard was the pick and would have loved that. Unfortunately the ownership and management got distracted by a player that everyone thought dropped and could fill a need if JT wasn’t retained.
Lillard isn’t ancient but he does have 7? years on Fox. He’s been a great player that I recon wouldn’t be happy here if supporting cast is a reason he’s seeking a trade. For now he is arguably the more effective player, but what I’ve seen of Fox not for long and yes Fox seems to want to win here.
I know we don’t want to set a playoff drought record, but believe our young backcourt is the best thing to happen to the Kings since Webber and company roamed the courts. I want to build on that and think Monte has the savvy to do that.
All my opinions are based on reading, watching a fair amount of video, generally clips after the fact, and player interviews. Unfortunately, I haven’t even made it to a game since arco.
All good, wasn't even thinking of you when I said that :) and for what it's worth, the only ever Kings game I saw in person was their road game in Indiana in 2014 when I was there on student exchange. The bad: I had to leave before the fourth quarter to catch the last bus back. The good: Kings were getting blown out some 20+ points so I didn't miss anything. The bad: Kings were getting blown out some 20+ points so I didn't miss anything.

Trading for Dame would be such a desperate attempt at relevance, and bleed assets, only the Kings could dream it up. No way in hell would he be happy here.. and we are talking about still sniffing the playoffs with him, 2 round exit. We would literaly have to put together a winning team right away... and considering we haven't figured it out in 16 freakin years the odds are small. The locker room would implode in one season. Talk about pressure to perform.

There's a chance we are only mentioned because we are looking to be involved, please let that be it.