Thoughts right after the Salmons-Miller trades

Why would we resign Ike Diogu? He hasn't proving anything career to date. Yeah, let's give him a chance, but to me he's the second coming of Shelden Williams until proven otherwise.

Who are the good 2009 Free Agents? Someone help me here.
Boozer, Sessions, Hedo, Okur

those are the realistic possibilities in order in whar I prefer but i really only prefer the first two :D

J

jdbraver

I have seen the upcoming free agent list and there are very few impact players. But hey Ron Artest will be unrestricted.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Boozer, Sessions, Hedo, Okur

those are the realistic possibilities in order in whar I prefer but i really only prefer the first two :D
Three of those guys are too old to build a young team around and Sessions is probably too expensive. People bid up Mike James and Marcus Banks into ridiculous contracts. Do you really think Sessions is going to slip through the cracks? Is he the player to turn this thing around anyway?

Danny Granger is staying a Pacer. That's just a no-brainer. Someone else mentioned David Lee, but do you really want to hitch your star to David Lee? That's like Phoenix giving Marion a max deal and we can see how well that worked out. Unless you want to roll the dice on Marvin Williams or Charlie Villanueva (I say pass on both) there aren't any impact players under 30 worth going after this season.

Last edited:
Three of those guys are too old to build a young team around and Sessions is probably too expensive. People bid up Mike James and Marcus Banks into ridiculous contracts. Do you really think Sessions is going to slip through the cracks? Is he the player to turn this thing around anyway?

Danny Granger is staying a Pacer. That's just a no-brainer. Someone else mentioned David Lee, but do you really want to hitch your star to David Lee? That's like Phoenix giving Marion a max deal and we can see how well that worked out. Unless you want to roll the dice on Marvin Williams or Charlie Villanueva (I say pass on both) there aren't any impact players under 30 worth going after this season.
Boozer I think will be 27 and Hedo will be around 28.

Boozer + Martin + Thabeet = Ship in 2 years

hrdboild

Staff member
Boozer I think will be 27 and Hedo will be around 28.

Boozer + Martin + Thabeet = Ship in 2 years
Which means both of them will be on the wrong side of 30 by the time this team actually becomes a contender. You'd be establishing a pretty small window for yourself. Boozer is especially worrying because he's already got a history of injury problems. Hedo, while a good player and a fan favorite, is primarily a wing player. It's very hard to build a championship level team from the outside in.

Ya, I dont want to get too far into this offseason, as that should be in the personnel moves forum, but hedo and sessions are probably the only guys id gun for this offseason. Id rather not have boozer. He is injury prone and has proved is in it for the cash.

THANKS VF21!

Yeah Thabeet will be a bust. he'll be pushed around in the paint like the other night when blair owned him.

i'm excited about the idea of griffen. then maybe we can FINALLY get some rebounds and some defense inside. then all we'll really need is a real deal starting pg. i don't hate beno, but he's a back up. a great back up, but a back up.

Griffen
Hawes
Thompson
Martin
Real Deal point guard TBD...

and nocioni, beno, garcia coming off the bench....all great role players...

One of the most intriguing names for me, in this draft, is Davidson's Stephen Curry. A true, "provider" PG with solid instincts. And after JT, I think there may be something to these "smaller school" impact players that get a lot of mins....

Plus, maybe as an aside..............................he remind anyone of Bibby a little?

One of the most intriguing names for me, in this draft, is Davidson's Stephen Curry. A true, "provider" PG with solid instincts. And after JT, I think there may be something to these "smaller school" impact players that get a lot of mins....

Plus, maybe as an aside..............................he remind anyone of Bibby a little?
Ya thats exactly who he reminds me of. A score first PG with the ability to pass. I wouldn't mind getting him but I don't know if his court vision will ever be as good as Bibby's.

Sessions too expensive??? Nice season but is he going to be worth the 8-10 mill a year he Kings will have considering they screwed the pooch with the Beno signing??

THANKS VF21!

Yeah Thabeet will be a bust. he'll be pushed around in the paint like the other night when blair owned him.

i'm excited about the idea of griffen. then maybe we can FINALLY get some rebounds and some defense inside. then all we'll really need is a real deal starting pg. i don't hate beno, but he's a back up. a great back up, but a back up.

Griffen
Hawes
Thompson
Martin
Real Deal point guard TBD...

and nocioni, beno, garcia coming off the bench....all great role players...
Totally agree. Thabeet is going to just get out muscled and out worked by guys like bynum oden and howard...and probablly even blake griffen. If we get the #1 pick we better take griffen.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Everytime I see somebody list Jason Thompson as the SF I completely ignore the rest because if they don't know any better than that, then how could they possibly know what they are talking about with any other player.

Everytime I see somebody list Jason Thompson as the SF I completely ignore the rest because if they don't know any better than that, then how could they possibly know what they are talking about with any other player.
I completely agree. Jason is a PF first and only and possibly a C in reserve - but that's it.

hrdboild

Staff member
Sessions too expensive??? Nice season but is he going to be worth the 8-10 mill a year he Kings will have considering they screwed the pooch with the Beno signing??
8-10 million is probably close to Sessions market value, although maybe not with the economic recession affecting everyone's willingness to spend. If they can find a taker for Beno, then probably 8-10 million for Sessions is do-able, but again I'd be extremely cautious before committing to another long-term deal of any kind right now. We'd have to be pretty sure Sessions is the answer at PG before throwing down the type of money it would take to sign him. If we can get Sessions for the contract we signed Udrih to last year that'd be a pretty good deal, but the way he's been producing lately I don't see that happening. I also haven't watched him at all myself so I don't know what his defense is like. There's a lot of PG prospects in the draft the next couple of years and I think a handful of them look like they could be as good as Sessions so it's not like there aren't other (cheaper) options.

8-10 million is probably close to Sessions market value, although maybe not with the economic recession affecting everyone's willingness to spend. If they can find a taker for Beno, then probably 8-10 million for Sessions is do-able, but again I'd be extremely cautious before committing to another long-term deal of any kind right now. We'd have to be pretty sure Sessions is the answer at PG before throwing down the type of money it would take to sign him. If we can get Sessions for the contract we signed Udrih to last year that'd be a pretty good deal, but the way he's been producing lately I don't see that happening. I also haven't watched him at all myself so I don't know what his defense is like. There's a lot of PG prospects in the draft the next couple of years and I think a handful of them look like they could be as good as Sessions so it's not like there aren't other (cheaper) options.
Ok, I have watched about every game since he took over the starting spot. He has very good court vision and can penetrate like no tomorrow but, I would have to say that his defense is his biggest weakness and after that would be his 3 point shooting.

Then who to get wuth our high pick? Blake to meis just to small to compete aganist othe NBA Pfs. Thabeet might be like Mourning (if bulks up) or Mutumbo. Teague we can get with like a top 8-10 pick, Rubio not enterong, so who?

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Thabeet gets hammered by the power bigs who seem to dominate him. He's 3-4 years away and not for Kings by a long shot. Griffin is Kings guy unless they have what they want out of the current group plus the new bunch for 3-4-5 and trade their #1 this year + a player for a top notch PG. or swap their #1 for a #8-12 plus a top notch PG. They still have their late first rounder from Houston. PG has 27 more games to see what we've got............but let's see if there are any surprises Wednesday morning, eh?

Ha the Gambit. You better watch out, do you mean Oden or Beasley style bust?
Nah I will go with his fellow alum Hilton Armstrong kind of bust... Hilton had the good stats against bad competition also. :D

I still cannot believe how many people wanted that guy.. I was opposed to him, but I did say I would take Sene, Williams, and Simmons :eek::eek::eek:

Looks like I got my wish.. Simmons and Williams are here in Sac. That whole draft was pretty much waste of time though.

Last edited: