This isn't working

Musselman and the Kings aren't a very good fit for each other. There's no defense, no offense, opponents getting too many second chance points. Its starting to get real painful to watch these games. Eventhough I wasn't all for having AI here, maybe it should have happened. Kings aren't even rebounding the ball. All I have to say is this is going to be a very llllooooonnnnnngggggg season if something doesn't happen soon.

I wasn't crazy for the AI trade, but all day 2day I've been checking for any news. Something needs to be done.
I was so pumped up about our chances in the summer- Bonzi and Artest taking it to the Spurs was beautiful. WTF happened???

I wasn't crazy for the AI trade, but all day 2day I've been checking for any news. Something needs to be done.
I was so pumped up about our chances in the summer- Bonzi and Artest taking it to the Spurs was beautiful. WTF happened???
Kings just matchup well with the Spurs.

If we would have played the Suns or Mavs we would have got creamed.

Kings have played the Spurs tough the last season and a half/two years.

This season was a diaster waiting to happen. We lost Wells, didn't choose to improve the team what so ever, we got a new coach, the artest honeymoon had to end at some point, and also add we have no day to day game plan or plan for the future with pieces that don't fit at all. I predicted a bad season but not a season this bad.

I don't really want AI. At this point, I want a total blow-up of the team. Get some picks, go young and promising, start over.
Right, but I'm afraid Petrie is too conservative to do that. Still thinks rebuilding-on-the-fly is going to work. And we might as well shoot for the moon while we're at it.

Right, but I'm afraid Petrie is too conservative to do that. Still thinks rebuilding-on-the-fly is going to work. And we might as well shoot for the moon while we're at it.
Actually, I have the feeling its the Maloofs who can't stand the idea of being bad for a while, even if its good in the long run. They are the ones that seem to be stuck on the idea of quick fixes.

Actually, I have the feeling its the Maloofs who can't stand the idea of being bad for a while, even if its good in the long run. They are the ones that seem to be stuck on the idea of quick fixes.
Perhaps, but was Artest a "quick fix?" And what the hell was Petrie planning on doing with Peja this summer? Letting him walk? Giving him the max? Either way :confused:

Now what do we do with Mike this summer?

No easy answers, really.

I think you're right, but the real problem isn't so much "the idea of being bad" but the business reality of being bad - mainly the impact on attendance, ticket sales and getting a new arena deal in place. I'm sure if the arena situation was secure and the team was doing better at the gate they would be a little more understanding.

I'm sure if the arena situation was secure and the team was doing better at the gate they would be a little more understanding.
A good point, and one I don't think should be overlooked. Make a flashy move and get an Iverson-type player with the surrounding media hype, and the Kings show up on the national map again--even if they do blow up. Try to harness some of that momentum from catapulting back into the national spotlight and get some progress made on a new arena. Not sure what consistent mediocrity, or a trip to the lottery, will do to help.

I think now we are seeing why letting Adelman go was maybe a bad idea.Sure Adelman was frustrating too, but players responded to him after Artest trade. At least there was some logic to Rick's substitution patterns :)

Perhaps, but was Artest a "quick fix?" And what the hell was Petrie planning on doing with Peja this summer? Letting him walk? Giving him the max? Either way :confused:

Now what do we do with Mike this summer?

No easy answers, really.
Partly shall depend on Mike. Petrie's hand shall be forced only if Mike opts out. If his play does not improve, he is unlikely to.

Actually, Cavs need a PG bad, and Z has being playing quite poorly, and is in the final year of his contract. Wonder if Cavs would like to do a swap (a
third team shall likely need to be involved to make salaries work and to allow Cavs to stay below the tax limit). Cavs need to soon start putting talent around Bron, or risk alienating him. Of course Bibby needs to improve to be enticing enough to prompt Cavs to trade away their big guy.

This shall allow us to stink for the current year (higher pick), and develop our youngs at 1 (Price, QD, Cisco).

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Partly shall depend on Mike. Petrie's hand shall be forced only if Mike opts out. If his play does not improve, he is unlikely to.

Actually, Cavs need a PG bad, and Z has being playing quite poorly, and is in the final year of his contract. Wonder if Cavs would like to do a swap (a
third team shall likely need to be involved to make salaries work and to allow Cavs to stay below the tax limit). Cavs need to soon start putting talent around Bron, or risk alienating him. Of course Bibby needs to improve to be enticing enough to prompt Cavs to trade away their big guy.

This shall allow us to stink for the current year (higher pick), and develop our youngs at 1 (Price, QD, Cisco).
Cavs would absolutely love to have Mike -- might be the sort of piece that could make them serious contenders. But not at the price of Z (who they will also need). And Z's contract isn't up after this year -- that's a hoopshype misprint. think its got three more years to go after this one. runs until he's 35 or so.

Thsi is more personnel type stuff, but the probelm with dealing with the Cavs is I don't see how they could get an adequate package back to us. Not enough enders or young talent (outside of LeBron ;) ) to make it worthwhile. We could get Varejao, and I think even a pick out of them. Pollard and Pavlocic as enders. But all of that still only adds up to about 1/2 of Mike's salary. As for the other piece -- Snow's salary would just about do it, althoguh they like his leaderhsip and would probably want to keep him as the backup. So Damon Jones? And if we're still a tad shy, David Wesley? To be released and returned to the Cavs most likely. Anyway...they are the perfect partners -- team in search of a title likely too be a bit careless with their youth and picks if offered the right guy. But constructing the package to match salaries is a *****.

And Z's contract isn't up after this year -- that's a hoopshype misprint. think its got three more years to go after this one. runs until he's 35 or so.
Thanks for the clarification. My bad to rely on hoopshype.

Yeah, I thought Cavs would be very reluctant to part with Z, particularly as they need him (and his 6 fouls) against Shaq in the playoffs. If his contract is not ending, it is meaningless anyway.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I agree. We either need to rebuild or make the 2 changes that could make us a contender-a new PG and a new person in the frontcourt who defends and blocks shots.
No offense whatsoever but it's easy to identify the problem. What's not so easy is to find the proper solution, especially in a competitive situation where the people you're trying to deal with are not going to be especially interested in improving your team.

That's why rebuilding generally takes a while.

Well I still believe that changes will be made. We have a new coach that inherited a team in which he didn't choose any of the personnel. It's still that feeling out stage. What guys fit and what guys don't.

IMO, right now guys that don't fit are: Miller (I don't think Muss knows what to do with him to be honest), Garcia, Taylor (duh!), Kenny, and maybe Bibby.