Things you would change about the NBA

1) Send the Minnesota Timberwolves to the East, where they belong! Minneapolis is a yucky, grimy, dank city. We don't want them in the West. :p

2) Send Memphis back to Vancouver. Raptors fans will have someone to play with instead of bothering the rest of us. Also, there aren't any Grizzlies in Tennessee. :rolleyes:

3) Add teams in Las Vegas and Seattle. They will be in the Western Conference, bringing the total in each conference to 16.

1) Send the Minnesota Timberwolves to the East, where they belong! Minneapolis is a yucky, grimy, dank city. We don't want them in the West. :p

2) Send Memphis back to Vancouver. Raptors fans will have someone to play with instead of bothering the rest of us. Also, there aren't any Grizzlies in Tennessee. :rolleyes:

3) Add teams in Las Vegas and Seattle. They will be in the Western Conference, bringing the total in each conference to 16.
Tennessee definitely has bears. Grizzly is fitting.

Vancouver would be a west team, being on the west coast. Maybe send the Pels to east.
Yes, Vancouver would be a west team, just like Memphis is, so it doesn't change anything.

Don't need to send the Pels to the East if the Timberwolves are sent East.

West (15) - Minny + Vegas + Seattle = 16
East (15) + Minny = 16

Minneapolis Lakers made sense as a team name in the land of 10,000 lakes. In LA, do they even have any lakes? New Orleans Jazz worked; Utah Jazz doesn't. There are no grizzlies in Tennessee.
There may not be 10,000 lakes in LA but there are lakes... and there is jazz played in Utah... but there are simply no wild grizzlies in Tennessee. They are a loss making franchise in Memphis too. One of only two loss-making franchises, the other being the Pelicans, or so I have read.

So hows does Royals or Kings fit into this argument considering the revolution thing, we have never had a king or royalty? How many lions and tigers are in Detroit? Are there enough bears in Chicago? Oh my. What is a Brown? Did they wage a crusade at some point to have cavaliers? Im sure theres more nonsenical team names.

So hows does Royals or Kings fit into this argument considering the revolution thing, we have never had a king or royalty? How many lions and tigers are in Detroit? Are there enough bears in Chicago? Oh my. What is a Brown? Did they wage a crusade at some point to have cavaliers? Im sure theres more nonsenical team names.
There are a few teams that have a name with a local context (Detroit Pistons, NY Knickerbockers, Phoenix Suns). Most don't. I was focusing on teams that had such a name which didn't apply to the new city after the team moved.

Get an NBA team in Seattle.
This brings me to a point I would like to make, which is not necessarily a change, but if the NBA ever expands, I sure as heck hope that they don't run the expansion draft for the new team (or teams) the same way the NHL has done for both Vegas and Seattle. I don't agree with the notion of "Hey, let's set up the new guys for immediate success". I hope Silver just recycles the previous NBA expansion draft format. I never want to see 80% of the damn rosters all be exposed.

And, yes, it bugs the crap out of me that a team like the Knights are about to win the cup because that's what the league wanted when they came into the league, while teams like my Sharks have to struggle and just hope to get lucky. Oh, and Vegas is also a big market, so players want to come to Vegas and play here. Oh, the life of a small market sports fan...

Last edited:
It's too subjective of a call unless it's really egregious.

I think just swallowing the whistle would be the best way to do it. Players will stop flopping when it stops benefitting them. Just no call it and the rest of the players running to the other end of the court while the flopper is laying on the floor should be enough of a penalty to get them to quit.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
after watching the game last night, I want to add another rule I'd like to see gone for good and that is the charge. players jumping in front of a player either driving or making a pass and falling to the ground is not basketball. With this rule, you would allow a little more handsy defense or allow more players to go vertical when someone drives to the rim.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Not a rule change per se, but in the situation where both teams are running out the clock in a blowout, and there's like 25 seconds on the game clock when the ball changes hands, I really do wish that instead of running the shot clock all the way down and stopping the clock that the team with the ball would intentionally pass to the other team with a few seconds left and we could avoid the silly "we need to take the ball out of bounds" bookkeeping.

Players on a super-max contract... the extra dollars that the team who drafted them pays to them should not count towards the salary cap.
- Example: Kings draft Dame Lillard. The highest salary the Kings can offer Dame is $40M. Highest salary other teams can offer Dame is $35M. If Dame extends with the Kings, he gets paid $40M but only $35M of that counts towards the Kings active roster cap.

If players who are on a super-max contract are traded from the team that drafted them, then their dollars revert back to a normal max.
- Continued example from above: Dame demands a trade from the Kings to GSW, after he signs a contract for $40M. The maximum that GSW can pay Dame is $35M... i.e., he has to take a discount and can never again be eligible for a $40M deal. That is, it's not a temporary thing but a thing for life. If Dame is willing to take the hit to his salary permanently, nothing else can be done, except to make it stick.

* Need to figure out what would be best for the team that is sending out the drafted player when it comes to incoming salary. Should it be 125% of $40M or 125% of $35M?

Last edited:
Sure, whatever. The point is that they waste time between each free throw for (now-obligatory) ceremonial reasons, and we should just get rid of it.
I figure the bad shooters (like myself) want to have the same position on my next free throw.. Short term muscle memorization. If I make the first free throw and shoot the second from the exact same spot I make the second one at about a 90% clip. If I move around then that will change to about a 65% clip lol..

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Incoming hot take/unpopular opinion: I was catching up on Oddball, and Amin Elhassan had a take about All-Star Weekend that I'm sure is going to be unpopular here, but which I find myself in one hundred percent agreement with: there should be a core group of eight locations where the All-Star game should be held, eight out of every ten years, and all eight of those core locations should be destinations that are attractive to NBA players (humorously, he left New York City off his list of core locations because it's too cold, which is a take I also agree with), the ninth year should rotate between the small-market teams, and the tenth year should be international.

I don't know whether that would have any impact on the All-Star Game itself, but I'm part of the minority of fans who never stopped enjoying the All-Star Game, so I'm not so concerned about that. It would certainly elevate the events surrounding All-Star Weekend, though, in my opinion.

EDIT - Shout out to Amin for self-awareness: they closed out the episode talking about their favorite NBA arenas, and Amin pointed out that he'd never been to The Eagle. His co-host Charlotte Wilder asked if he thought they would let him light the beam, and Amin candidly replied, "Probably not; I'm not too popular in Sacramento."