There is no topic

Stuff? Ryan doesn't seem like the appropriate middle name for someone with the first name of Emma.

:: is confused ::
Say it out loud: Emma Ryan. Flows well :) Anyhow, stuff involves life altering events that take a couple years to really sort out. Soooooo here I am. :) Just trying to get excited about the Kings after my move to PA.

I suppose, if there is really need for clarification; Ty is no longer part of ryanandty, I'm a much different person than I was while super active and I didn't like participating while my user name reflected a bittersweet part of my personal history.

If you have more personal questions I can answer them in a PM. I'm cool.

How's Portland, PDX? All my friends are flocking there. Have you noticed a cultural difference yet? :p

I love this place, it is the amalgamation of the neighborhood feel I had growing up in Sacramento with most of what I loved about living in Boston. I spent most of my 20s in SoCal and never really felt at home but I do here.

To quote Homer Simpson, "Mmmmmmm, bacon!"

What was the recipe?
Crust: Nilla Wafer and Bacon
Bottom Layer: Vanilla Creme (here is where I think it needed to be more banana-y)
Middle Layer: Banana Slices
Top Layer: Peanut Butter Creme
Bacon sprinkles on the top.

I've never been to Pittsburgh so can't say, but the downtown/West Side is super walkable in ways that I identify with Eastern cities and the East Side where I live is all tree lined streets and craftsman homes.

Then you throw in the Portlandia thing which is a bit overstated and yet very real.

The only thing I don't really care for is that we get passed over for big events sometimes. The Rose Garden gets NCAA and the sort of stuff that used to come to Arco but we don't have a great outdoor venue. So when I wanted to see Iron Maiden a few weeks ago I got to pick between Seattle (horrible venue), Vancouver BC and Sacramento. Wound up booking a trip down to see the folks with the intent of going to Sleep Train but someone gave me a ticket for Shoreline so I did that instead.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
So, I lurk on several other message boards and, on one of them, there is a discussion about a tv series that I've been watching. What's troubling to me is that, while the show is generally well received, the criticism that it receives tends to be of this variety: "I like the show, and I would love it, if only they got rid of 'X.' 'X' is ruining what would, otherwise, be a great show!"

And the criticism which gets posted to the discussion seems near-unanimous in that regard: that it's a good show, that could be great, if it weren't for the inclusion of 'X,' which is bringing the show down. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here, feeling like an ******* as I read these comments, because I'm thinking to myself, "... But... 'X' is the only reason I'm watching the show..." I find myself simultaneously wondering what they're getting out of the show that I'm not, and also what does it say about me that the one thing that draws me in most about a show is the one thing that is so utterly repellant to so many seemingly smart people?

Has this happened to anybody else here, or is it just me?