There is no topic

I’m not sure if anyone has posted about this yet or if there is another thread open, forgive me if there is, but how are we feeling about NBA Topshot? I just purchased the Buddy Hield reverse dunk on Mitchell Robinson from last year and feeling pretty good about it

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I’m not sure if anyone has posted about this yet or if there is another thread open, forgive me if there is, but how are we feeling about NBA Topshot? I just purchased the Buddy Hield reverse dunk on Mitchell Robinson from last year and feeling pretty good about it
I'm not really on board with this whole idea of purchasing a video clip or how it works out financially. Seems....odd.

I'm not really on board with this whole idea of purchasing a video clip or how it works out financially. Seems....odd.
Yeah I was kinda apprehensive at first and really just made a couple smaller purchases at first, Buddy was my most expensive card yet and I’m hoping for the best. I am old enough to remember collecting basketball, football, and baseball cards so part of it is nostalgic to me and if this is indeed the future of sports memorabilia with crypto then who am I to be the angry old man refusing to change with the times? With that being said, you won’t catch me throwing several thousand dollars out there for a Lebron special edition card like some are

Yeah I was kinda apprehensive at first and really just made a couple smaller purchases at first, Buddy was my most expensive card yet and I’m hoping for the best. I am old enough to remember collecting basketball, football, and baseball cards so part of it is nostalgic to me and if this is indeed the future of sports memorabilia with crypto then who am I to be the angry old man refusing to change with the times? With that being said, you won’t catch me throwing several thousand dollars out there for a Lebron special edition card like some are
I actually like the idea of digital collecting with a few caveats.
1) it seems a ton of people are just buying packs to get rich. I don’t blame anyone for trying to make smart financial moves but I think a lot of people are going to end up spending money on hopes and dreams vs reality.

2) if you actually want to purchase a moment, most of them are way out of reach for the average person. Tyrese Haliburton’s moment was over 2k when I checked.

I think there is real potential with this though and will be interested to see what the market looks like when things settle down a bit.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
What are you actually buying? A video clip? Why?

It was a gif/video of guy who parked his car 159cm wide car in a 165cm wide garage. He had to open the door to his house from his car, open car door, back up, get out, turn off car, push car forward, close car door, close house door.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm not sure what frustrates me more: when I'm interested in an entertainment property (TV show, movie, comic book, video game, whatever), and I can't find any community online that shares my level of interest, or when I find one, only to discover that they are consuming that property in a way that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike how I am.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I'm not sure what frustrates me more: when I'm interested in an entertainment property (TV show, movie, comic book, video game, whatever), and I can't find any community online that shares my level of interest, or when I find one, only to discover that they are consuming that property in a way that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike how I am.
#HowISometimesFeelAboutKingsFans.com

Space Jam 2 recently released its big bad cartoon monster team “The Goon Squad” featuring stars from the NBA and WNBA.

Damian Lillard - Trailblazers
Diana Taurasi - Mercury
Klay Thompson - Warriors
Nneka Ogwumike - Sparks
Anthony Davis - Lakers

That roster is a lot more functional than the one thrown together for “The Monstars,” which was basically people in the league who actually got along with Jordan.

Mugsy Bogues - Hornets
Larry Johnson - Hornets
Charles Barkley - Suns
Patrick Ewing - Knicks
Shawn Bradley - Mavericks

In a real game, my money’s on The Goons.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Space Jam 2 recently released its big bad cartoon monster team “The Goon Squad” featuring stars from the NBA and WNBA.

Damian Lillard - Trailblazers
Diana Taurasi - Mercury
Klay Thompson - Warriors
Nneka Ogwumike - Sparks
Anthony Davis - Lakers

That roster is a lot more functional than the one thrown together for “The Monstars,” which was basically people in the league who actually got along with Jordan.

Mugsy Bogues - Hornets
Larry Johnson - Hornets
Charles Barkley - Suns
Patrick Ewing - Knicks
Shawn Bradley - Mavericks

In a real game, my money’s on The Goons.
Will the Goon Squad Klay still have all his tendons?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
So, because my mom is superstitious, and believes in curses and ****, she's spent the better part of a quarter century terrifying me and my sister. Her great-grandmother was only sixty-one when she died, her grandmother died at sixty-two, and her mother died at sixty-three, so she's legitimately spent the last twenty-five years utterly convinced that she was going to die at sixty-four.

Well, today, we celebrated my mom's sixty-fifth birthday. So, suck on that, curse!
Sixty-nine, and counting!