There is no topic

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
It is 3:40 a.m. I should be sleeping because I have to get up in less than 4 hours so that I can work my P.T. job today. I hate insomnia. :mad:

Prophetess said:
you're not alone RD, I was one of those people too. Now it seems that no matter what I try I can't lose any weight. Probably because I love my pasta way, way too much. ;)
I just started Weight Watchers three weeks ago. I've been very happy with it so far. They don't restrict you from certain foods, it's just everything in moderation. It was rough the first week but now I'm getting used to it.

Wife (who already watches what she eats and exercises) .... is reading/studying about The South Beach Diet.

I too, watch what I eat and exercise ....

She's asking me to do this with her .... the author strongly recommends this

.... thinkin' about it.

I think I was served the world's saltiest steak tonight at our local Applebee's. Coupled with lackluster service, I won't be going there again. This will teach me to ask for no seasoning next I order a steak anywhere.

arwen undomiel said:
I think I was served the world's saltiest steak tonight at our local Applebee's. Coupled with lackluster service, I won't be going there again. This will teach me to ask for no seasoning next I order a steak anywhere.
Yikes! Well, be prepared to pull out the tylenol! Usually when a person eats alot of salty foods, a headache will surely follow.

bballagrl24 said:
Yikes! Well, be prepared to pull out the tylenol! Usually when a person eats alot of salty foods, a headache will surely follow.
So far, no headache. I only ate about 3 bites of the salt-bomb, and filled up on salad & veggies instead. The waiter didn't even ask if there was an issue with the steak when he saw I'd hardly touched it.

Don't you hate it when you have a nightmare, and it puts you in a foul mood for the day and just sticks with you? Happened last night to me. I had a nightmare about a camping trip I am supposed to go on in a few weeks and so now I don't want to go on the trip! Boy I hate that. I hope the bad feelings die down soon.

rd- I never ignore those types of dreams. Just something that if my subconcious sees a problem, I'm going to listen. What specifically happened? Ususally if it's something small, I'll take extra precautions. Large, forget it. I'd replan the trip. But that's just me.

Prophetess said:
rd- I never ignore those types of dreams. Just something that if my subconcious sees a problem, I'm going to listen. What specifically happened? Ususally if it's something small, I'll take extra precautions. Large, forget it. I'd replan the trip. But that's just me.
\

I can't remember specific details, but it was something about either not being able to secure a ride to the camping site (after I had paid and reserved my spot!) with the other people attending, or it was that I was stuck at the camping site unable to get a ride back. Whatever one it was, in the dream I was really fighting with my friends over this. I guess now I had better make sure I have reliable transportation there and back, heh.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I really hate my computer...I want to buy a new CD, but every time I get to the checkout button, it says "Connection Refused Whan attempting..."

Why does this suck?

Because NO ONE has this CD in stores...Not FYE, not Tower, not Virgin, not The Underground, not anyone!!!

SLAB said:
I really hate my computer...I want to buy a new CD, but every time I get to the checkout button, it says "Connection Refused Whan attempting..."

Why does this suck?

Because NO ONE has this CD in stores...Not FYE, not Tower, not Virgin, not The Underground, not anyone!!!
What CD is it? Amazon (used section) or ebay usually have a good amount of rare stuff since it's privately sold.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
SLAB said:
I've found it online, but I can't buy, because when I click the button to confirm the buy, a message comes up that says "Connection failed."
Can someone else help you purchase this, SLAB? You can only purchase online? Which site? Send me a PM if you like.

Gadget's helpful tip o' the day:

If your irrigation system is 60 years old, don't try to water late at night because when the valve breaks and you have a geyser in your back yard and you can't turn the sprinklers off until you can get a plumber out the next morning, you're going to have a HUGE water bill.

The countdown is on...

Eleven months, three weeks, six days, 7 hours, 39 minutes and 47 seconds. 6521 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,385.87. Life saved: 3 weeks, 1 day, 15 hours, 25 minutes.

Zero Hour is noon PST, Saturday 7/16.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
arwen undomiel said:
The countdown is on...

Eleven months, three weeks, six days, 7 hours, 39 minutes and 47 seconds. 6521 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,385.87. Life saved: 3 weeks, 1 day, 15 hours, 25 minutes.

Zero Hour is noon PST, Saturday 7/16.
I think that is a wonderful accomplishment.

One of these days I will go back and re-create my #'s. I have a different computer so mine is lost. :(

Sometimes, I just really have the urge to scream. Or to howl (preferably at the moon). It's not necessarily because I'm upset and need to release stress, it's just an unexplainable urge. The trouble of course is I can't just do it anywhere.

T

thesanityannex

I think I have the coolest job in the world. I get to play golf all day and my company pays for it, no questions ask. I can also sit at the computer and browse Kingsfans.com all day. Can't ask for anything more.

I went and did it - I joined a gym today. I've been putting it off for a while, but finally did it. I meet with a trainer for a fitness eval on Sunday. He should have a challenge trying to design a program for me - I know I need to push some cardio in order to strengthen my heart, but I'm afraid of trying to push too hard too fast. I guess we'll just play it ear. I'm open to any advice any of our resident fitness nuts might have to offer, as this is new territory for me, and outside my comfort zone.

I'm probably a bad source for advice, but when I just made sure to go the gym every day. I did what was fun for me, and every few days someone would give me advice if I was doing anything wrong and would help me with other stuff. Much cheaper than a trainer. So find something you like to do- gym, running, biking, etc. and just do it every day. I just got back from my daily run, and it makes you feel great. I'm no expert, but I think that's all it takes- enjoying yourself and sticking to it.