There is no topic

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Londonking said:
I notice that there are a whole chunk of US states (mostly running vertically down the middle of the USA) where they dont seem to enjoy NBA basketball.

Does anyone have a view on why?..maybe nobody lives in:-

Idaho
Wyoming
Nth Dakota
Sth Dakota
Nebraska
Iowa
Missouri
Kansas
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Mississippi

There are probably lots of other states which dont have a team (then you get the 'greedy' Texans with 3!!)lol My geog may be wrong but i think you could travel from the north of the country to the south without venturing into NBA territory....just a thought
Sports Illustrated did a series where they focused on a different state for each issue. One part of it was where they took a poll and found out what team was favored in each state. It might be interesting to you to check out their website and see what type of information they have posted. You might be surprised by some of the results.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
One other point? While there may not be NBA teams in those states, at least some of them have had teams previously. For example, Nebraska (Omaha) and Missouri (Kansas City) were both home to the Kings. Places like Iowa (Buckeyes) and Kansas (Jayhawks) have EXCELLENT NCAA teams that are perpetual contenders for national titles AND feed a number of players into the NBA on a regular basis.

Good luck on your quest for further information. I no longer have my collection of past issues of SI, or I could help find the stats for you.

tks, it should prove interesting.

I hope to get a clue as to the various factors relating to the viability of an owner wanting to establish an nba team. Obviously they have to believe there are going to be enough fans who want to see the games, but i suspect there is more to it than that.

My post was prompted because of the geographical distribution of these states. They are all (or mostly) running north / south down the middle of the USA.

My ignorance of the population / wealth distribution of the USA may be about to change for the better. :)

ewww, omg I have 9..yes NINE mosquito bites on my one foot/ankle and I have 2 others on my other foot. I don't have any mosquito bites anywhere else on my body, just my feet/ankles. I thought I got bit up outside cause I was wearing flip flops but now I'm starting to think there's a nest of mosquitos down under my desk somewhere because I didn't have this many earlier today, and I haven't even been outside! ::turns other light on and looks under desk while itching:: i don't like this at all!

Cafe1 said:
I can't sleep... got insomnia tonight! :( Sucks, but I do enjoy the quiet of the house at night..
I hear you. I had insomnia as well last night. The heat didn't help, and neither did my jerk neighbor who just had to sit out on his porch at 11:00PM and have a very loud phone conversation that could be heard for miles. He always does this, but this is the first time he has done it late at night. I can't believe the nerve and inconsideration of some people!

^^ I heard about that concert they've got lots of great people going to be there. I'd love to see U2 but it's kind of far away. Go and have fun and then tell me all about it, lol

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I had a pepperoni pizza from Players for lunch today. It was excellent. And the ice cold lemonade (with real lemon slices) was just what the doctor ordered for a hot day...

Players in Penn Valley. Tell him "the Kings fan" sent you. He'll know who you mean.

;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
ReinadelosReys said:
There are 6 members on right now....but 21 guests

What the hell are 21 people doing right now lurking? It feel so.....so.....odd knowing you are being watched
Some of them are most likely crawler bots, used by search engines to glean information. Others could be from places like Europe, where it's mid-morning.

And others could be ... well ... lurkers.

;)

VF21 said:
Some of them are most likely crawler bots, used by search engines to glean information. Others could be from places like Europe, where it's mid-morning.

And others could be ... well ... lurkers.

;)
You know, its funny how you can forget about the rest of the world; sometimes wrapped up in your own little orbit oblivious to much of anything else, you forget about other time zones etc... :)