The Wrestling Thread~

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well, that pay-per-view sucked ***... I was about six-for-eight in expected finishes, but only one-for-eight in desired finishes (with the one being Mickie over Maryse).

I'm sure that SLAB will drop in, eventually, with the exact opposite opinion, since he seems to dislike all the guys I like, and like all the guys I loathe, but it is what it is, I guess.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Well, that pay-per-view sucked ***... I was about six-for-eight in expected finishes, but only one-for-eight in desired finishes (with the one being Mickie over Maryse).

I'm sure that SLAB will drop in, eventually, with the exact opposite opinion, since he seems to dislike all the guys I like, and like all the guys I loathe, but it is what it is, I guess.
Ha! Lets see...

1: Jericho and Show? Mystery partners are such a let down pretty much always, and this was no exception. If they do make JeriShow look unbeatable for awhile, then have an up and coming team win I guess the tag titles could be made to look better. Which would be new.

((Punk's following straight-edge promo was gold. Pure pure gold))

2: I was happy Christian won his belt back. As good a 'story' Dreamer was, it was hard to see the perennial jobber/mid-carder with a belt that was supposed to mean something.

3: Six-Pac US Match: I wanted an All American American US Title holder, but Kofi was my next pick. He's a great up and comer, but he still needs a new finisher... The random addition of Primo and subtract of Show kind of ruins what this was being built to be? W/e though. Fun match it was.

4: Michelle McCool Vs. Melina - I don't watch any Japanese women wrestling, SHIMMER, or even much TNA so I must say this was the best Diva match Ive seen since the days of Trish and Victoria were top dogs. The security guard DDT was something I have NEVER seen. This match would have been much better had it had more than 30 seconds put into it pre-PPV.

5: Orton/Cena/H - At this point I just want the belt on someone other than Orton or H. Then I see Cena do his trademark Shoulderblock/BackSuplex/5 Knuckle Shuffle and I was reminded why I hate Cena as well. These three are going to hold the title until the next WrestleMania, so you know...I just don't care anymore.
I like Orton the best. But I don't even like Orton anymore. RAW is a joke.

6: Maryse is unbeleivably hot, but Mickie is actually...Decent in ring. So I didn't mind this change. Even though Maryse is stunning and such a natural B*****....She needs to improve her in-ring skills.

7: IC Match: I hate Rey. His high profile matches are pretty much...

a: Attempt three 619's.
b: Get BUTT kicked for next 15/20 minutes.
c: Hit random 619/crappy splash combo for the pin.

I don't care he beat Dolph, his matches are just gratingly painful to watch with his repetitivness.

8: Hardy beats Punk...I love Hardy...But he shouldnt have won. I don't get this one at all. Punk is being such a great condesending a-hole, and the belt 'empowered' that. I hope Punk wins it back, if not on SD!, at SummerSlam.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Ha! Lets see...

1: Jericho and Show? Mystery partners are such a let down pretty much always, and this was no exception. If they do make JeriShow look unbeatable for awhile, then have an up and coming team win I guess the tag titles could be made to look better. Which would be new.

((Punk's following straight-edge promo was gold. Pure pure gold))

2: I was happy Christian won his belt back. As good a 'story' Dreamer was, it was hard to see the perennial jobber/mid-carder with a belt that was supposed to mean something.

3: Six-Pac US Match: I wanted an All American American US Title holder, but Kofi was my next pick. He's a great up and comer, but he still needs a new finisher... The random addition of Primo and subtract of Show kind of ruins what this was being built to be? W/e though. Fun match it was.

4: Michelle McCool Vs. Melina - I don't watch any Japanese women wrestling, SHIMMER, or even much TNA so I must say this was the best Diva match Ive seen since the days of Trish and Victoria were top dogs. The security guard DDT was something I have NEVER seen. This match would have been much better had it had more than 30 seconds put into it pre-PPV.

5: Orton/Cena/H - At this point I just want the belt on someone other than Orton or H. Then I see Cena do his trademark Shoulderblock/BackSuplex/5 Knuckle Shuffle and I was reminded why I hate Cena as well. These three are going to hold the title until the next WrestleMania, so you know...I just don't care anymore.
I like Orton the best. But I don't even like Orton anymore. RAW is a joke.

6: Maryse is unbeleivably hot, but Mickie is actually...Decent in ring. So I didn't mind this change. Even though Maryse is stunning and such a natural B*****....She needs to improve her in-ring skills.

7: IC Match: I hate Rey. His high profile matches are pretty much...

a: Attempt three 619's.
b: Get BUTT kicked for next 15/20 minutes.
c: Hit random 619/crappy splash combo for the pin.

I don't care he beat Dolph, his matches are just gratingly painful to watch with his repetitivness.

8: Hardy beats Punk...I love Hardy...But he shouldnt have won. I don't get this one at all. Punk is being such a great condesending a-hole, and the belt 'empowered' that. I hope Punk wins it back, if not on SD!, at SummerSlam.
1. Bleh.

2. You can't possibly believe that anybody in WWE thinks that the ECW Title means anything, including Christian. That belt probably doesn't mean anything to anyone other than Tommy Dreamer, and that's because he is ECW. I'm intrigued by the notion that you would personally self-identify that as being "Christian's" belt.

3. Bleh.

4. Seriously? That wasn't even the best match that Michelle McCool has had in WWE. She had a match versus Beth Phoenix on SNME, shortly before losing the Divas title to Maryse, that was significantly better than that match last night, and didn't involve anything as asinine as no-selling a DDT off a ****ing barricade. There were a couple of unique spots, but spots minus psychology equals ****ty match.

Seriously, watch the Knockouts in TNA, man. They have some of the same stupid **** that they do in WWE, but they also throw some good matches in there: Alissa Flash (Cheerleader Melissa) versus Sarita (Sarah Stock) was better than any women's match that WWE has had since Alundra Blayze versus Bull Nakano. yet, watch SHIMMER. I'd say watch some Joshi, but I'll confess to my own prejudices, and admit that I don't really care for women because, as good as the wrestling is, I find most of the women physically repellent.

5. Logical booking would have had Cena go over, and have him move on to a program with Jack Swagger. Instead, we're probably going to see either Orton versus Henry, or Orton versus Porter, only one of which even has any hope of not being terrible.

6. Missed this match, but getting the belt off Maryse can only be a good thing, in my opinion. I don't find her attractive, and she can't wrestle. Her quote-unquote camel clutch (or camel-toe clutch, as I've heard it called) is one of the worst-executed moves I've ever seen repeatedly done, on purpose, by anybody.

7. I haven't liked Rey since he lost his match in WCW; since then, he's been a bad parody of himself. But, I have no particular greivance with him winning, as long as he eventually puts Ziegler over.

8. Bleh.

Tonight Shaq is hosting RAW, gross.

...and now he just kissed Jericho in the forehead.

Bigshow calling Shaq, slim is hilarious.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
John Morrison is a freaking star.
I just watched his matches with Jeff Hardy and Tyson Kidd, and wow. World Title by the end of the year?

The Jeff Hardy match was great, and showed why both guys belong in the main event. Id almost say it was one of the best matches I've seen all year.

Thumbs up to Morrison!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Potentially big news from the PWTorch app on my iPhone.

WWE signs BRIAN DANIELSON!!!

Although he is an AWESOME AWESOME wrestler, Im intrigued what happens with him...

His look is so pasty and generic, that it is hard to see a futue in the WWE....

Im calling a Danielson/Kaval(Low-Ki) ROH tag team for The Dragon.

K

KingsFan4Life_2323

Honest Opinion Needed...NON KINGS RELATED!!!!

OK,

I am a HUGE wrestling fan (WWE, and a little bit of TNA), and would like to know your (WRESTLING FANS) honest opinion on a couple of things...so here are 10 questions:

First...

On a scale of 1 - 10, please give the following your ratings, and provide explanations as to why you give it that rating......

1. WWE Women's Division
2. TNA Knockouts Division
3. Women's Wrestling in general
4. Your CURRENT interest in WWE's Women's Division
5. Your CURRENT interest in TNA's Knockouts Division
6. Your POTENTIAL interest in WWE's Women's Division
7. Your POTENTIAL interest in TNA's Knockouts Division

-----------------

8. Would you support an All-Women's/Female wrestling promotion/company? Why or why not?
9. How successful do you think an All-Women's/Female wrestling promotion/company will be?
10. Will an All-Women's/Female wrestling promotion/company increase interest amongst females?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
1. 4, because I'm a workrate guy, and less than half their roster (Gail, Beth, Mickie, Natalya, Michelle, Katie Lea, Milena) can actually work.

2. 8. There's room for improvement, but I like what they have going for them. And the girls can go: Christy Hemme is probably the worst worker on the active Knockouts roster, and if she went back to WWE tomorrow, she'd be the fifth-best worker there. Plus, in TNA, the girls actually get a chance to get their character over, and not just be Generic Diva #5 (coughrosamendescough).

3. 7-. I'd love to see someone with some real money get behind SHIMMER, though.

4. 8. Despite most of them not being very good, I still get a kick out of watching them. To tell the truth, my interest in male wrestling has seriously depreciated since Eddy died, and Roots went crazy.

5. 10. You can't find better wrestling in North America on national television right now, in my opinion.

6. 10, I guess...

7. 11?

8. You mean like SHIMMER?

9. I don't, and I blame McMahon: "puppies" ruined women's wrestling in North America.

10. No, for the same reason an All-Female basketball league hasn't increased interest among females, but let's not get off on that tangent...

K

KingsFan4Life_2323

1. 4, because I'm a workrate guy, and less than half their roster (Gail, Beth, Mickie, Natalya, Michelle, Katie Lea, Milena) can actually work.

2. 8. There's room for improvement, but I like what they have going for them. And the girls can go: Christy Hemme is probably the worst worker on the active Knockouts roster, and if she went back to WWE tomorrow, she'd be the fifth-best worker there. Plus, in TNA, the girls actually get a chance to get their character over, and not just be Generic Diva #5 (coughrosamendescough).

3. 7-. I'd love to see someone with some real money get behind SHIMMER, though.

4. 8. Despite most of them not being very good, I still get a kick out of watching them. To tell the truth, my interest in male wrestling has seriously depreciated since Eddy died, and Roots went crazy.

5. 10. You can't find better wrestling in North America on national television right now, in my opinion.

6. 10, I guess...

7. 11?

8. You mean like SHIMMER?

9. I don't, and I blame McMahon: "puppies" ruined women's wrestling in North America.

10. No, for the same reason an All-Female basketball league hasn't increased interest among females, but let's not get off on that tangent...

HMMMM.....yeah kinda like SHIMMER, but not an independent promotion/organization. I am thinking more like a WWE, TNA type of promotion/organization. One that grows and eventually becomes extremely popular all around the world.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
That would, almost by definition, have to be an independent promotion. What you would need is basically what TNA got back in 2004: a money mark. SHIMMER, or a promotion like them, would have to have a money mark fall into their lap, or there's no hope of anything like that happening.

A women's promotion will never rise to the popularity of WWE, or even TNA in my lifetime, because there's just too much culturally/generationally to overcome. If I'm fortunate, my son will live to see it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
It's being reported that TNA has released Angelina Love due to problems with her visa.

This strikes me as somewhat humorous; TNA has already taped clear to No Surrender, and I think that they have TBP in the tournament finals. What the hell do they plan to do at the pay per view?

I saw that this morning. I was too young to have seen him wrestle but many people my age will remember him from our early childhoods, portraying and hosting the Super Mario Brothers Super Show. RIP.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I saw that this morning. I was too young to have seen him wrestle but many people my age will remember him from our early childhoods, portraying and hosting the Super Mario Brothers Super Show. RIP.

Cindy Lauper videos for people my age. Maybe Madonna too, not sure.