The Wrestling Thread~

SLAB

Hall of Famer
You mean, right after he put over Keith Lee, clean as a sheet? That's when he should have gotten the title?
Wow, my timeline was way off. I think I pay more attention to cracking jokes on a different forum than actually paying full attention to what goes on during RAW. I thought they had three straight PPV matches for some reason.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I just wonder why they didn't give it to him after Survivor Series? Because he's won it too many times and certainly they aren't going to have him break or tie Flair's record if Cena hasn't claimed it for himself first?

He is having a great year and honestly I do think he deserved something for it, but it is weird to hot potato the title when obviously they knew they needed Roman and Drew as the SS match.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
My WAG is that they've already made up their mind whom they want facing Drew McIntyre after Survivor Series, and they don't want Orton getting in the way of that.
That could be right, and yet it also feels like the Orton story wrapped up prematurely. Is Edge coming back?

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I'd never heard of the bump and I realize it is a legit wrestling term but the name gives me flashbacks how Vinny Mac didn't have a clue as to what all the Godfather was smokin.

So we got ourselves a wrasslin' fan?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The Bump is Kayla Braxton’s mid-day online talk show. I’ve seen it promoted on socials, but it’s not something I’ve ever watched. Haliburton fanboy’d on Twitter when HBK congratulated him on getting drafted.

Meanwhile, another excellent episode of NXT, marking a full month of awesome shows from them. Io and Rhea tore it down. And I’m pumped to see Pat McAfee in WARGAMES. He’s going to do something stupid.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I watched The Bump twice, during my free trial of the Network. Not my kind of show: it feels like the Gen-Z version of Tuesday Night Titans, and I wasn't a fan of that, either. I don't have any particular use for a kayfabe talk show.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I liked all of them on NXT without the stupid gimmicks but whatever.

I caught up on NXT last night and am looking forward to War Games.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
You don't like Kofi Kingston, or Mia Yim?

I should ban you on principle. :p
Lol, I don’t even necessarily dislike Mia Yim as Mia Yim. She just got outshined by pretty much the entire class of ladies she was working with in NXT outside of Aliyah. And Eat Defeat is on The Overdrive levels of bad finishers.

Reckoning sucks though. The try-hard go after fans (but played seriously) act on Twitter isn’t fun.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
TBF to Mia NXT women are the best right now. AEW has gotten better especially if Thunder Rosa is more than a special attraction but they were able to bring Tay Conti in to start working matches on Dynamite.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
TBF to Mia NXT women are the best right now. AEW has gotten better especially if Thunder Rosa is more than a special attraction but they were able to bring Tay Conti in to start working matches on Dynamite.
Out of all the releases Tay was at the top of ones I was most upset about. Girl has major upside.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Loved watching Serena Deeb versus Thuder Rosa on AEW. Been a fan of Deeb since I first discovered her in SHIMMER. It's interesting, to me, in that she looked similar to how she does now (better than she did, fourteen years ago, if that makes any sense), but hadn't gotten her nose fixed, yet. And then, she got rhinoplasty around the same time as she got the, uh, "WWE Treatment," to more closely resemble the physique of the majority of the "Divas" they had working at the time. Even after they released her, and she went back to the indies, I had only seen her wrestle while still in possession of her "WWE physique." Her current run in AEW is the first time I've actually seen her wrestle with her new (I guess it's not "new," any more) nose, but without the implants.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I saw on my timeline but didn't see the whole story :( That sounds devastating. And probably an unfortunate reminder to all of us about "toughing pain out".

SLAB

Hall of Famer
RIP. It seems rare in this industry to have such a unanimous outpouring of love when someone passes. Nothing but kind words and touching tributes on the socials.

RIP, sir.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I wouldn't say that there's been nothing but kind words: there've been an allegation against Patterson, or two.

Of course, as I understand it, many of the people who would have had the harshest words to say about Patterson may have already preceded him in death, so...

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Nobody is infallible. We'll probably never know the truth about Patterson's allegations because they were made at a time when it was still controversial to be openly gay. We have lost a fountain of old-time knowledge and a true historian and a man with impeccable taste in art :D

Also apparently he hosted a karaoke night at one of the Florida fan fests and I wish I could have seen that.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Well that is rich. Is this like one of those awards where if you donate enough money you can get an award or even a Doctorate?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Well that is rich. Is this like one of those awards where if you donate enough money you can get an award or even a Doctorate?
Its the “Well at least one of the faces of your company didn’t have a series of Super Spreader Rock Concerts and the other wrestling companies didn’t even bother signing up” award.