The Wrestling Thread~

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I personally feel like my post holds up, whether it's kayfabe or not.
But it's typical wrestling logic, if they have some future plans for these two - or most likely, putting a team from Retribution up against TND for a title package - it makes sense in a wrestling environment, even if it's highly questionable.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
But it's typical wrestling logic, if they have some future plans for these two - or most likely, putting a team from Retribution up against TND for a title package - it makes sense in a wrestling environment, even if it's highly questionable.
And how does any of that refute what I said? We've been talking about wrasslin' in this thread for, literally, over a decade; did I need to add a disclaimer, to make it clear that I already understood that?

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
And how does any of that refute what I said? We've been talking about wrasslin' in this thread for, literally, over a decade; did I need to add a disclaimer, to make it clear that I already understood that?
I just don't see an issue with Ali going after Kofi as some kind of weaksauce move? I know SLAB didn't care for Kofi's run and maybe you're not sold on Ali? As someone who enjoys both I don't get the complaint.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I feel like you might be reading "weaksauce" into my comments, because of an assumed dislike of Ali. I don't dislike Ali. I don't really have a problem with him having beef with Kofi, kayfabe or otherwise. I just want him to have the same energy for the dude who actually busted his face up, and cost him his spot, that he has for Kofi. And, if he doesn't, he's a hater.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I have a feeling we'll possibly get there if Ali gets over. It still sounded like your issue was with Ali instead of creative, to me they direct these things. They just put the belt on RKO which completely caught me offguard. So maybe we'll get there.

Actually what's up with that? I was not expecting the Raw title to change hands last night.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I legitimately expected Drew to hold it, at least, until they had fans back; he deserved to stand in front of a crowd with the belt, IMO.
I think he’ll win it back almost immediately after fans are allowed in the building. Give him the title pop he deserves. I actually like it so there’s no Champion DrewMac burnout, depending on how long the whole no-fans era continues.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I haven't been following reddit or any sheets, so will be interesting if they have concerns with Drew or if this was just to get fans clamoring for Drew to get it back.

I also didn't watch either night of the draft so I'm a little behind the 8-ball on who got moved aside from the tag champs, Otis, Fiend and Alexa.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Otis didn't get moved. They broke Heavy Machinery up, and then moved Tucker to Raw. They also moved Miz and Morrison, in the middle of a feud with Otis. Then they had Tucker turn on Otis, and cost him the briefcase, because of reasons.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I’m so glad Otis lost that thing. He’s the walking embodiment of why it can be embarrassing to be a wrestling fan. “Hahaha the fat man in a belly shirt is talking funny and thrusting!” Gtfo.

Current Miz isn’t close to good right now and he’s still a superior choice to have the briefcase.

Also; it appears they retconned Tucker being drafted to RAW and he’s now listed as a SD superstar on the roster page. Because the draft really and truly matters.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Otis didn't get moved. They broke Heavy Machinery up, and then moved Tucker to Raw. They also moved Miz and Morrison, in the middle of a feud with Otis. Then they had Tucker turn on Otis, and cost him the briefcase, because of reasons.
Thank you Slim. That escaped me, I guess I knew the moved Mandy before the draft and assumed Miz and Morrison also were pre-draft. Didn't realize how they split the two, and also didn't watch their match Sunday because I needed a few minutes of quiet time from loud family.

I feel bad for Otis even though it was a stupid gimmick and he should never have been the MItB winner he now joins the very short list of absolute losers to not cash in. Also I feel bad for Mandy even more.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Also; it appears they retconned Tucker being drafted to RAW and he’s now listed as a SD superstar on the roster page. Because the draft really and truly matters.
Most likely, they moved Tucker back to Smackdown, so that Otis can squash him, and then they'll keep him off TV until his contract runs out, before quietly releasing him.

I'm going to disagree with you about Otis, with a caveat: Otis is a guy that reminds me that everything in wrasslin' ain't for me to get. And he has tremendous charisma, and the ability to connect with a live crowd. But he's super-mid in the ring, despite his legit wrestling background, and he can't cut promos (so I've heard, I always skip everybody's promos), so his ability to connect with live crowds is completely wasted, when there aren't any live crowds.

Also, "Goofy, jiggling fat man" is super-low on the list of things to be embarrassed about as a wrasslin' fan, especially compared to stuff like a "Live Sex Show," or an impromptu Broadway-esque-adjacent musical number, or a guy who makes his opponents sell "moves" from his dick. If anything, Otis is a throwback to the "Golden Age" of wrasslin', in a lot of ways: Junkyard Dog made all the money, as a thrusting, jiggling fat man who couldn't wrestle or promo, but connected with live crowds, kids, in particular. Wrasslin' fans love a jolly big'un.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I feel bad for Otis even though it was a stupid gimmick and he should never have been the MItB winner he now joins the very short list of absolute losers to not cash in. Also I feel bad for Mandy even more.
Nah, that's a different list. Otis joins Mr. Kennedy as, TTBOMK, the only two male MITB winners to lose the briefcase, without even getting a chance to cash in.

The list of actually failed cash-ins isn't much longer, though. IIRC, all three failed cash-ins involve John Cena, in some form of fashion.

EDIT - Doctor Internet tells me that there was technically a fourth failed cash-in, in which John Cena was not involved.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Also, "Goofy, jiggling fat man" is super-low on the list of things to be embarrassed about as a wrasslin' fan, especially compared to stuff like a "Live Sex Show," or an impromptu Broadway-esque-adjacent musical number, or a guy who makes his opponents sell "moves" from his dick. If anything, Otis is a throwback to the "Golden Age" of wrasslin', in a lot of ways: Junkyard Dog made all the money, as a thrusting, jiggling fat man who couldn't wrestle or promo, but connected with live crowds, kids, in particular. Wrasslin' fans love a jolly big'un.
100 here. I didn't watch Watts at the time until UWF went national, but my understanding is JYD in Mid South was an absolute bad-arse though. Only WWF era and after was he a jiggly mess.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
That's historically been a consistent career path for big men in wrasslin'. But, "bad-arse" or not, JYD was at his drawing peak as the jiggly "mess." He used to headline WWF's B-house show tour, while Hogan headlined the A-tour.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
That's historically been a consistent career path for big men in wrasslin'. But, "bad-arse" or not, JYD was at his drawing peak as the jiggly "mess." He used to headline WWF's B-house show tour, while Hogan headlined the A-tour.
Oh I'm aware, guess which one Sacramento got :D

But he was the Hogan in Watt's territory, which was a top tier territory.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
You would have preferred Hogan?:confused:
Ok you got me there, but I was 9-10-11.

We got the IC matches and being real that is where the talent was. We got Jimmy Hart a lot. He was always a hoot. Another guy that I wish I had seen more pre-WWF, all I've really seen is the Kaufman stuff from Memphis. In hindsight, we came out pretty good. Steamboat, Macho, Hart Foundation... but we also had Corporal Kirschner high on the card. lol

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
With Survivor Series on the horizon, it only made sense to put the belt back on Drew which begs the question why they ever put it on Randy in the first place.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Probably a TYFYS title reign: if I had to guess, it was likely one of those deals where Randy has a young child(ren?), who has never seen him as champion, and they wanted to give him a "gold watch" reign for holding down the upper midcard for a decade-plus.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Randy should have won it a month or two earlier. He was as interesting and locked in as he’s been for awhile coming off the Edge feud, but of course they dragged out the DrewMac feud and Randy kind of fell back into his status-quo.

2 Title wins and no in-person fan celebration for McIntyre. Bummer, because he’s earned a standing O for his work from Mania on. A bad*** babyface champ who’s not unbearable. Kind of shocking. That baby Mania kilt/claymore entrance on RAW was boss.