The Salt Mine

These national talking heads are basically admitting that the ONLY way to beat the Kings is to have the refs screwing the Kings over.

If the games are called fairly and evenly, it's going to be real hard for any of these "media darling" teams to beat the Kings in a 7 game series.
Can I just say…. IDIOTS

Not that RealGM represents the population perfectly, but this poll (with 400+ votes) suggests that the vast majority of the country (~84%) was on board with suspending him at least 1 game: https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2282914
I’m on a group text chain with a mix of Warriors, Kings and Lakers fans, and we’ve been chatting through the series.

Immediately after Game 2, the Warriors fans were disappointed, but conciliatory and even congratulatory. They were more upset Looney had to play with 5 fouls than Green got ejected.

But the next day after having clearly sautéd in Bay Area-centric sports radio, suddenly they were all fired up about the same conspiracy theory talking points: Refs are wildly favoring the Kings (and have for years), Sabonis is dirty and deserved to get stomped, Joe Dumars is a former Kings executive and Sacramento Homer, Refs gave the Kings free reign to mimic the Piston Bad Boys while at G1C - weak echo chamber takes that crumbled under the least bit of pushback. They’d post one of their ludicrous complaints, all agree with each other, then a non-Warrior fan would post a pretty straight forward logical rebuttal, and they’d go silent.

When Lakers fans are stepping in as the voice of reason, the world stops making sense.

Last edited:

dude12

Hall of Famer
Lol at JJ Reddick…….he just got his a$$ handed to him by Kendrick Perkins

The salt mine coffers are overflowing.

I so want the Kings to win this game 3 just to continue watching and reading the Dub fan base melt down and eventually turn on each other

It's pretty amazing the full throttled media push and lobbying that is coming from Golden State and their supporters due to this 0-2 hole. They're not only priming the fanbase to be rabid and distraught, but also the league and refs in allowing more space and freedom for GSW to operate. So much for playoff basketball where physicality reigns supreme. We as a fanbase better be prepared for some god awful calls in game 3. That is a given. Curry and Klay need space to operate at full throttle and we may very well see that in Game 3.

The whole "using ball as a weapon" complaint by the organization was a misstep. It's one thing for the local media to complain. Even on ESPN, someone (JJRedick) is going to get tasked with giving the hot take. But the organization has to keep their hands clean.

Now, with the Warriors listing half their roster as questionable for game 3, it's obvious they know they can't win on the basketball court. It's all mind games, PR and politics from here on out for them.

I think Cap said that G1C (like Arco before it) was granted an exemption specific to cowbells from what is a league wide ban on noisemakers of any kind aside from the arena provided thundersticks or equivalent.
What? How dare they! Kings fans using cowbells as a weapon to artificially sound louder than they are. They're doing it to rupture the opposing player's eardrums! Cheaters!!

It's pretty amazing the full throttled media push and lobbying that is coming from Golden State and their supporters due to this 0-2 hole. They're not only priming the fanbase to be rabid and distraught, but also the league and refs in allowing more space and freedom for GSW to operate. So much for playoff basketball where physicality reigns supreme. We as a fanbase better be prepared for some god awful calls in game 3. That is a given. Curry and Klay need space to operate at full throttle and we may very well see that in Game 3.
It worked for the Lakers.

Ever since that last second no call on Lebron, they practically doubled up the rest of the league on free throws.

Apparently not everyone is on the Ws payroll. Guys apparently don't want to trash their reputation to go along with a media narrative. What was Reddick hoping to gain with this stunt? Seriously. Favor with the Ws fan base?
I think JJ is mostly just salty he got bodied by his Sabonis take from last year. He begrudingly had to walk back his "Malpractice" kings comment earlier this year, but now he looks doubly foolish with his Warriors in 5 prediction. I think he loves being the incredibly smart player analyst that's "shaken" up the national media talking heads and the Kings are the black mark on his record.

I think JJ is mostly just salty he got bodied by his Sabonis take from last year. He begrudingly had to walk back his "Malpractice" kings comment earlier this year, but now he looks doubly foolish with his Warriors in 5 prediction. I think he loves being the incredibly smart player analyst that's "shaken" up the national media talking heads and the Kings are the black mark on his record.
That makes sense. He made his own bed though - he could have just apologized like the Beautiful Bombastic Brotha Stephen A. Then again Steven A wasn't insulting the entire org.

The "malpractice" comment was unnecessary and done for clicks anyway. So basically he sold his credibility for clicks and instead of apologizing he doubled down and now stands to lose cred big time - so his cope is personal at this point. He's creating his own out.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Apparently not everyone is on the Ws payroll. Guys apparently don't want to trash their reputation to go along with a media narrative. What was Reddick hoping to gain with this stunt? Seriously. Favor with the Ws fan base?
This was on the ESPN show not his podcast. ESPN seems like they really pushed the Dubs hard on Saturday night, not showing the pre-game celebration in the arena, etc. much to many folks' dismay. And Doris who is generally very good seemed way underprepped on the Kings. So I think this was an ESPN/Disney call. Maybe they want to stretch the series or maybe they just want to build a lot of hype for Sunday?

The Cute Story Kings have shown the world their true selves. I heard Domas pokes old ladies in the eyes in his free time. Davion gave Steph a wet Willy last game that no one wants to talk about. Huerter? More like Hurt errbody who goes over on screens. And what’s with all the love for the old man in the radio booth? I’ve never heard such foul language come from a “nice guy”. Frankly I’m sick of it and am glad they are being exposed.

Dubs fans (and possibly some media) are saying Sabonis flopped and tried to pull Klay down and failing to do that he then went after Green.

Which is pretty crazy because it means Domas is like a chess wizard with his dirty play, or you know, we could possibly accept the idea that the guy who has proven himself to be one of the 3 dirtiest players in the league over the last decade is him.
The other weird take to me is that sabonis was somehow faking it after he was stepped on. That was kind of a long acting job if he was faking it. His post stomp free throws also looked like someone who was just used as a trampoline.