The Road to catching the Spurs

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Thankfully the players have more confidence in the team than you fellas ;) . Is Denver good, and at home too? Of course. But, I think our team can play with anyone. Will they? We'll see. I'm not counting any games as an expected loss.
I'm one of if not the most optimistic person on this board and I do not expect the Kings to win in Denver. I will be perfectly happy if they play to the best of their ability. Do I think they can win? Yep. do I think they can lose? Yep. We do not match up well against the Nuggets, especially with Jokic.

I'm one of if not the most optimistic person on this board and I do not expect the Kings to win in Denver. I will be perfectly happy if they play to the best of their ability. Do I think they can win? Yep. do I think they can lose? Yep. We do not match up well against the Nuggets, especially with Jokic.
There is a difference between expecting a win and expecting a loss. I wouldn't say that I expect a win, but I'm certainly not counting the game as an expected loss.

It hasn't been a good day for us so far. We drop a lolly against the Nuggets, Timberwolves beat Houston and Portland is up against Golden State (for now). Clippers are demolishing the Suns to :(

It hasn't been a good day for us so far. We drop a lolly against the Nuggets, Timberwolves beat Houston and Portland is up against Golden State (for now). Clippers are demolishing the Suns to :(
I'd say that the Twolves beating Houston is a positive. I'm not too worried about Minny and it would be nice if the rockets started a losing streak.

Meh, not to worried about any of that. My only concern is TWolves getting on a roll when we have to beat them at Minn.

I'm actually worried about the Clippers. It looked like they might go into full tank mode after the trades but they're still playing decent ball. I think they've still got a shot at that 8th seed. So between them, the Lakers and everyone else, it's just another obstacle.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'm actually worried about the Clippers. It looked like they might go into full tank mode after the trades but they're still playing decent ball. I think they've still got a shot at that 8th seed. So between them, the Lakers and everyone else, it's just another obstacle.
competition breeds excellence. It's good for the Kings to have such competition because that will tell us whether they belong this year or not.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Here's a bit of good news from the Lakers. Looks like Luke Walton is safe until the end of the year.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report...ely-finish-season-lakers-coach-212142769.html

So, there will not be that dreaded "change coach in the middle of the year surge" that typically happens to a team after a coach gets fired.
So you think Jeanie Buss and Magic would have said anything else? What? Like "Yeah, we're probably gonna fire him but don't tell anybody, okay?"

So you think Jeanie Buss and Magic would have said anything else? What? Like "Yeah, we're probably gonna fire him but don't tell anybody, okay?"
Are you saying that this is that “dreaded vote of confidence” that owners give immediately before a coach gets fired? :eek:

Okay OKC played double overtime tonight. If we have to go 6-2 in these games you would have to think this game is one you have to have.

To get to 45 wins the Kings would have to go 6-2 against: OKC (Ob2b), @Minn, LAC, Bos (Bos B2B), Chi (first game back east trip), @Dal, @SA (KB2B), @Por (PB2B)

it's great time to be a kings fan... looking at all of these opponents and say: it's achiavable...

i'm also a suns fan, and as i expected this kind of success for kings prior to this season, I am expecting something very similar for suns next season

This last week gone by shows we can bang with the best and we can beat the rest.

Honestly playoffs this season and being top 4 in the west next year is easily achievable. I think with time more and more will agree with me but we are on track and it is glorious to finally be in a position where it's on us.

Outside of the top two in each conference we can beat anyone, home or away and that is being conservative. We absolutely pushed the warriors and Denver to the brink and I'm confident a playoff series against either would be far from a wash.

Onwards and upwards gang

Okay OKC played double overtime tonight. If we have to go 6-2 in these games you would have to think this game is one you have to have.

To get to 45 wins the Kings would have to go 6-2 against: OKC (Ob2b), @Minn, LAC, Bos (Bos B2B), Chi (first game back east trip), @Dal, @SA (KB2B), @Por (PB2B)
1 down 5 more to go. Monday will be big. Sac @ Minn, Mav’s @ Clips(B2B), Spurs(B2B) @ Nets.