The Road to catching the Spurs

Getting the 7th spot facing Denver would be the most desirable imo. Even though they've beaten us all 3 times, 2 of the games were really close (where we were actually leading most of the game). Like us, most of their players are largely inexperienced in the playoffs. And I think Joeger can out-maneuver Malone with his head coaching playoff experience.

With that said, let's get there first. ;)

After 12 seasons of no playoffs I’m not going to sit here and say I want this team or that team as an opponent.

I just want a ticket to the show that’s all. Let’s not forget that we were never “supposed” to be in this position in the first place and if we do make it I’ll cherish every second win or lose. We have shown we can hang with anyone. I don’t care who we face. We are going to go blow for blow with anyone.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Honestly, give me anyone in the post season. Denver and the Warriors to me would be a glorious baptism of fire and we would push both to the end and potentially overcome.

Anyone else and we should make it to the second round.
After 12 seasons of no playoffs I’m not going to sit here and say I want this team or that team as an opponent.

I just want a ticket to the show that’s all.
Let’s not forget that we were never “supposed” to be in this position in the first place and if we do make it I’ll cherish every second win or lose. We have shown we can hang with anyone. I don’t care who we face. We are going to go blow for blow with anyone.
That's exactly how I feel. I'm just glad to be in the race in February/March.

That's exactly how I feel. I'm just glad to be in the race in February/March.
I've started saving. Can not wait for postseason games !

Whilst ive always set high expectations for this team and believe we are where we should be, Its been so long its like Christmas and i keep pinching myself.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Meanwhile in LA LA LaBron land..... LaBron is throwing his young teammates, who he tried to trade 2 weeks ago, under the bus to the national media..... :p

https://sports.yahoo.com/lebron-jam...-165548330.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_04
Nice. Just when I thought my dislike of Mr. James couldn't sink any further, he found a way to surprise me yet again. If he really gave a rat's patoot about any of those guys, he'd be talking about working with them. Instead, it's all "I'm this..." and "I'm not used to that..." and all the other egocentric bulldrivel he spouts without end.

I almost feel I need to thank the Great God Naismith for putting LBJ in La-La Land.

Yep it might take only 34 wins to make the play-offs

The Spurs might have to win 4 of Mil (MilB2B), @Dal, Miami, @Bos (Bosb2b), @Chr, Sac (SacB2B)

It’s looking more and more like our game against SA the night after Houston could be the deciding game. Put your money on Houston as a lot of starters may be getting rest that night.

As much as I want them to, I think the Road to catch the Spurs and tie them at 45 wins is challenging. I’m looking at the Spurs because the Lakers with Lebron and owning the tie breaker is tough.

Kings likely wins: NY (NB2B), @NY, @Was, Bkn (4th game in 7 road trip), Dal (Db2b), PHX, @NO, Cle, NO. = 40 wins

Kings likely losses: @Bos, @Phi (KB2B), @LAL (KB2B), @Hou, Hou, @Uth (KB2B) = 36 losses

To get to 45 wins the Kings would have to go 4-1 against: LAC, Bos (Bod B2B), Chi (first game back east trip), @Dal, @SA (KB2B), @Por (PB2B)

Meanwhile the Spurs likely wins: @ Atl, NY, Cle, Atl, @Was, @Cle, Dal. = 41 wins

Likely losses: @Tor, OKC, Den, POR (SB2B), GSW, @Hou, @Den(SAB2B). 36 losses

That means the Spurs have to win 5 out of: Mil (MilB2B), @Dal, Miami, @Bos (Bosb2b), @Chr, Sac (SacB2B) to get to 46 wins
Thought I would update this chart. The road is actually a little easier and holding the tie breaker against the Spurs helps.

With that stretch over
The King's strength of schedule is 3rd easiest in the league. But at the same time have the least home games left of the playoff contenders

http://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

Spurs 11H 8A
Clippers 12H 7A
Kings 10H 11A
Lakers 11H 10A

That loss to the TWolves hurts.
Kings have 1 game remaining against the other contenders. But Clippers and Spurs are going to be hard to catch.

This race will go down to the last week.

Ahh the nostalgia, i remember our last post season run so vividly in 2005, left that late too. We entered March and lost our first 3 games to Charlotte, Orlando and Miami then went 14-8 to close out the season including a 4 win streak to cap off March

Tonights game is as close to a must win as we can get. We really need a result or else we more or less need to be flawless leading into the end of the season. It can be done but it will be difficult.

Our only hope is to catch the Spurs now. We are 2.5 games back of the Spurs, but only on 2 games in the Loss column. We still play the Spurs once more at home at the end of March.

If we can catch the Spurs, we still need to fend off the Lakers. Losing to the Clippers last night really hurt our chances to make the playoffs.

20 games to go. Realistically, we need to go something like 14-6 or 15-5 to get to a minimum of 44 or 45 Wins to make the playoffs.

Our only hope is to catch the Spurs now. We are 2.5 games back of the Spurs, but only on 2 games in the Loss column. We still play the Spurs once more at home at the end of March.

If we can catch the Spurs, we still need to fend off the Lakers. Losing to the Clippers last night really hurt our chances to make the playoffs.

20 games to go. Realistically, we need to go something like 14-6 or 15-5 to get to a minimum of 44 or 45 Wins to make the playoffs.
It’s not going to happen with the road games we still have to play. We only have 2-3 good road wins all year.

For perspective on how poor we are on the road, we are 3-8 since start of the year. We have 11 road games left. If we’re lucky we go 5-6. We’ll need to win all 9 home games to get to 45 wins

Last edited: