The Road to catching the Spurs

They didn't have the forsight to see D'Angelo blowing up. And to highlight their ineptness then they kicked him on the way out with Johnson leading the low blows.

I'm glad he's doing well and rubbing their noses in it. I hope no one joins them this summer to expedite the demise of the franchise and the James era.
While the bolded part may also be true, let's not forget D'Angelo had a hand in losing the trust of the Lakers organization when he secretly recorded his teammate admitting private information and then "somehow" the video gets leaked to the media.

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/3/30/11330390/dangelo-russell-nick-young-tape-iggy-azalea-cheating

Editor’s note: This article was originally published on March 30, 2016 during the immediate aftermath of D’Angelo Russell’s video surfacing in the media. It’s once again relevant following the 2017 NBA Draft as Brooklyn Nets fans attempt to understand why the Lakers gave up on the 21-year-old point guard.

At this point a lot of things need to go the king's way.

A 13-7 record or better is probably required to give the Kings a chance.
I'm seperating between above and below 450 as those teams in their respective conferences believe they are in the playoffs race still.

Games left
@Home vs below 450
New York
Chicago
Dallas
Phoenix
Cleveland
New Orleans

@Home vs above 450 teams
Boston
Brooklyn
Houston

Away vs below 450 teams
New York
Washington
Dallas
Pelicans

Away vs above 450 teams
Boston
Philadelphia
Lakers
Houston
San Antonio
Utah
Portland

Seperating them out
Kings can't drop a game vs a below 450 team at home = 6 wins

And at home they need to win 2 out 3 vs above 450 teams = 2 wins

Away vs below 450 teams 3 out of 4 is acceptable i guess = 3

And finally away vs above 450 teams they would then need at least 2 out 7. With the Spurs game being key.

Last edited:
What part of NO KINGS FAN SHOULD EVER ROOT FOR THE LAKERS do you not understand?
Lol. I mean what you would be cheering for is worse draft odds and more years of Lakers in the cellar lol.

Oh and am improved chance of kings making the playoffs

But as I said in my opening post. I'm a rockets fan who is weirdly invested in you guys making the playoffs(I love Fox as a player and mostly your whole team, I'm watching more kings games than Rockets atm(hell I'm watching more clippers/spurs games hoping they lose than rockets games atm). But I'm not as invested into the history i guess, and don't understand the intensity of hatred to the lakers.

I mean I hate the jazz but if a jazz victory got the rockets into the playoffs I'd be pretty happy.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Lol. I mean what you would be cheering for is worse draft odds and more years of Lakers in the cellar lol.

Oh and am improved chance of kings making the playoffs

But as I said in my opening post. I'm a rockets fan who is weirdly invested in you guys making the playoffs(I love Fox as a player and mostly your whole team, I'm watching more kings games than Rockets atm(hell I'm watching more clippers/spurs games hoping they lose than rockets games atm). But I'm not as invested into the history i guess, and don't understand the intensity of hatred to the lakers.

I mean I hate the jazz but if a jazz victory got the rockets into the playoffs I'd be pretty happy.
It's complicated. ;)

Yep, goota start our streak and go hard and hope they drop elsewhere.

We need to win every game we should and steal a few. That much is clear

I don't see us making the playoffs...

Spurs schedule of predicted wins: Hawks, Mavs, Knicks, Heat, Hornets, Cavs, Hawks, Wizards, Cavs, and Mavs.. total: 46wins.
Predicted losses: Bucks, Blazers, Warriors, Rockets, Celtics, Nuggets. Kings on the fence

Clippers schedule of predicted wins: Bulls, Nets, Cavs, Knicks, T-Wolves/Pacers, Cavs, Grizz, and Lakers.. total: 44wins.
Predicted losses: Thunder, Celtics, Blazers, Pacers/T-Wolves, Bucks, Rockets, Warriors, and Jazz.

Kings schedule of predicted wins: Knicks, Wizards, Bulls, Nets, Mavs, Suns, Mavs, Lakers, Pelicans, Cavs, and Pelicans.. total: 43wins.
Predicted losses: Celtics, Celtics, 76ers, Rockets, Rockets, Jazz, and Blazers. Spurs on the fence.

For us to have a chance, we need 2 wins. We'd need to at least beat one of the Celtics or Rockets and hopefully the Spurs. Or, we could just beat both the Celtics and Rockets at least once in our matchups. However, it would mean we'd need to finish out the season 13-6 to go 45-37. Call pessimistic, but I just don't see a 13-6 run in this team. As a matter of fact, I don't even think we'll beat all of the predicted win teams..

Buddy Hield has been our best player, but the other guys just haven't really stepped up their game. We need Fox to be our #2 scorer, but he just hasn't been aggressive enough in that role. He had 24 shots against the T-Wolves, but followed it with 13, 9, and 12. Bogdan has been playing bad for a while now. Bagley was the one player who started to emerge, but his injury is devastating for our playoff run. Giles has been better since Bagley's injury, but I'm not sure how much void he can fill in when other players on the team have regressed and we're without Bagley. Expectations have been raised through the roof for this Kings team...but just don't think they're experienced enough to capture the playoff race. Brewer is a player who knows what it takes to make the playoffs. We all see the type of intensity he's brought to the floor... but sadly we don't see it from any other player. I think that's a big difference for our team.

We just have to keep winning. I’m not even worried aboot other teams right now

Let’s put together a real wining streak
The playoffs are in our hands, but we never had a good stretch outside of our 8-6 start and we're going into our final 19 games with little momentum having just lost 5 of our last 7. Playoffs will be extremely difficult

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
We just have to keep winning. I’m not even worried aboot other teams right now

Let’s put together a real wining streak
I think the longest win streak the Kings have had all season so far has been 5 and that was early in the year when they were playing a bunch of East teams. In order to make the Playoffs and give yourselves a chance, the Kings need to muster up a long win streak and at the same time hope the teams above them drop a couple.