The Playoffs... flushed down the drain.....

This road-trip coming up will absolutely define whether we make the playoffs or not (you never know, we could win all but one). I'm going back to how I was before the Artest trade, I think, just watching the games, and not expecting too much. Thank god for the Bulls/Pacers/Sixers/Grizzlies/Spurs.

BTW, one game doesn't mean LA is so going to the playoffs. Things can change quick. Utah's coming on well and fast, Hornets also can't keep losing and need to get back to consistency.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Still only one game guys. Just as Golden State didn't mean we made the playoffs, this certainly doesn't mean we miss them.

Just one game.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
Still only one game guys. Just as Golden State didn't mean we made the playoffs, this certainly doesn't mean we miss them.

Just one game.
a game against a team that You are trying to catch is never just one game

man what went wrong???? we had a great roster?!! we have great fans man the lakers would kill to have fans like we do. What went wrong???? why are we talking about not making playoffs???? what happened?? i am very dissapointed :(

Bricklayer said:

Just one game.
I agree. It's going to be this road-trip, that totally defines playoff hopes, of any kind.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
LOL, where to start with this?
1. Kings had NO chance of going past the first round from the first day of the season.
2. Even after the Ron trade Kings barely stood a chance of squeeking into the numbe 8 slot so we could tne loose to some Texas team in round one.
3. This is still one game... not the end or begining of anything
4. Skinner would not have hit the court untill the last few min just like Samson
5. EVEN IF HE HAD played it would not have mattered
6. Does making the play offs this season with this team really matter?

A

AriesMar27

piksi said:
a game against a team that You are trying to catch is never just one game
so true.... we needed this game more than the warriors game.... because it meant that the lakers lose a game......

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
HndsmCelt said:
1. Kings had NO chance of going past the first round from the first day of the season.
2. Even after the Ron trade Kings barely stood a chance of squeeking into the numbe 8 slot so we could tne loose to some Texas team in round one.
4. Skinner would not have hit the court untill the last few min just like Samson
Thanks, Celt, for injecting a little reality into the situation.

:)

HndsmCelt said:
You are absolutley right Celt. I just so hate losing to that particular team.:mad:

And I don't know where to say this, but what also p*sses me off is that the Lakers got themselves a beautiful new arena and they always have a bunch of empty seats. Dang, I am in a such a foul mood, I'd better go to bed.

HndsmCelt said:
Although all your points are true it still upsetting to see your team play garbage ball for 48 minutes. If this was against the Spurs or Pistons I wouldnt be too upset, but its the Lakers for goodness sake.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Trust me I HATE loosing to LA as much as any other Kings Fan! In fact I find new ways and reasons to hate LA every game. Tonight just when I thought there was nothing could make me hate LA more ...There he is Bill O'Riley courtside...

HndsmCelt said:
Trust me I HATE loosing to LA as much as any other Kings Fan! In fact I find new ways and reasons to hate LA every game. Tonight just when I thought there was nothing could make me hate LA more ...There he is Bill O'Riley courtside...
Hahahaha. It could have been worse. He could have been there with Ann Coulter.

Bricklayer said:

Just one game.
As the TNT analysts said, we're 4 games back (in the loss column, which is really all that matters) with 28 games left. 28 games left to make up 4 losses, meaning we need to win both games against the Lakers, we can't lose to Golden State or Utah, and we've got Houston coming up strong behind us. Had we won this game, we would have stayed afloat. As it is, we just dug ourselves a nice little hole that, to be honest, we just proved we're not good enough to get out of. Right now, I'd say our best shot at the playoffs is a massive collapse by the Hornets. Yeah, Lakers or Grizz would be nice, but I don't see that as likely at all. Because of this loss, we pretty much have to be perfect just to get in to the playoffs. As much as a game this early can cost us the playoffs, this game cost us the playoffs.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Problem with "just one game" is that it looks exactly like the other losses with Artest. He handles the ball too much, dribbles too much and did not pass out of double teamsv quick enough.

It is obvious he is not 100% yet and doesn't have that defensive first step.

But overall team spacing was terrible, and there was no inspiration or fire in the Kings. After 3 quarters they had 1 steal, yes only 1. And continue to give up a ton of points-in-the-paint. Sure doesn't look like the team is doing what coaches want......... hmmmmmmmm.

As for making playoffs, this is not a good start of 6 of 7 on the road. Not looking good. The sand will run through the glass one way or the other in the next 6 games. Then it should be clear if we can make it or not.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
CruzDude said:
As for making playoffs, this is not a good start of 6 of 7 on the road. Not looking good. The sand will run through the glass one way or the other in the next 6 games. Then it should be clear if we can make it or not.
And as I've mentioned before, if we don't, big whoop. Better draft pick and maybe, just maybe, get lucky and have a shot at a big time stud like Aldridge or something.

P.S. Artest didn't suddenly lose a first step for this game. Looked a little sluggish for some reason, got clobbered a few times in the first, and then was playing against the best offensive player in the world.

Last edited:
Bricklayer said:
And as I've mentioned before, if we don't, big whoop. Better draft pcik and maybe, just maybe, get lucky and have a shot at a big time stud liek Aldridge or something.

P.S. Artest didn't suddenly lose a first step for this game. Looked a little sluggish for some reason, got clobbered a few times in the first, and then was playing against the best offensive player in the world.
I think for the most part he tried his best under the current conditions. But when he's got more time with the team, along with better shape/basketball condition, it'll be different to some degree.

Last edited:
G

Gasol16

well to tell you the truth. I never really expected this club to think about the playoffs up until Ron Artest came. But I'm not to concerned about now, it's this team's future that i'm anxious to see. i believe it takes time to build a team with an identity. This team has yet to obtain an identity but soon will once they play more games.