The Official NBA Draft Day Thread 2014 Edition

During the offseason, I've...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Wow, Orlando cleaned up if they got Payton. Payton and Oladipo with Aaron Gordon somewhere on the floor is a great defensive core.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Magic will take Dario Saric at 12, but are likely to trade him to the Sixers for the rights to Elfrid Payton, per league source.

lol philly looking to tank next season also!

embiid might sit out whole year. saric won't come over for 2. way to go!
Sixers apparently angling for Jahlil Okafor next season!

LaVine is just one of those guys who will be out of the league in 3 years or one of those players who you wonder how in the world he fell to 13.
I don't at all see him as a PG though. Didn't see that at all from him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm a Michigan fan and I've watched every game Nik has played. The kid works so hard and has steadily improved his D.

He consistently proved that he could adjust to defenses. When little guys bothered him for a few game stretch, he figured it out, adjusted, and dominated again. Bigger guys couldn't stay in front of him.

Might never be a top notch defender, but he will get to the point that he can guard any 2 in the league.

His confidence is infectious and you couldn't ask for a better teammate. Cousins is going to love him.

So glad I live in Sacramento and he went to my team.
Welcome to Kingsfans.com Excuse the rabid frothing right now. We get excited sometimes. We may rant and rave here but we will give Nik a fantastic welcome and give him a chance to prove himself.

Stauskus isn't a PG. He can help ball movement and may be able to fill in for limited minutes against select teams but this front office needs to get a handle on the definition of flexibility.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow. For all the hoopla this was a completely Petriesque draft. Sit tight and take your top rated shooter/offensive player.

Problem is, Geoff at least had a real eye for talent. I'm not convinced D'Alessandro does.

Back to back top 8 picks spent on SGs who lack star potential.

Disappointing.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Stauskus isn't a PG. He can help ball movement and may be able to fill in for limited minutes against select teams but this front office needs to get a handle on the definition of flexibility.
Well, a SG with better than average handles is a little flexible, and a hell of a lot more useful than a poor guy like Jimmer, who was a PG with bad handles. Stauskas is 6'6". so if he can provide any ballhandling help at all its a bonus of the Doug Christie kind. Of course if he can't defend anybody it doesn't matter if he's 6'6" or 5'6".

For what it's worth, I think LAST year was the wrong pick. I think the Kings know that. Stauskas this year may or may not be the right player.

No chance in hell you draft Stauskas if Ben isn't the worst starting shooting guard in the NBA last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.