The Official NBA Draft Day Thread 2014 Edition

During the offseason, I've...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If you want to talk about nonsensical draft picks, Denver just took another 3/4 in Doug McDermott. Already have Afflalo, Gallo, Foye, Chandler, Faried playing in his spot. What the hell?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, I have taken a couple of deep breaths, a nice long sip of wine and calmed down. This pick most likely isn't the end of the world. I will look at the bigger picture and go with the concept that he was, by most reports, the BPA and not dwell on the negative.

...sigh...

Apparently Peyton was in strong consideration for our pick. Possible that we asked Philly to take him for us in exchange for a package around Ben? One can only hope...

Okay, I have taken a couple of deep breaths, a nice long sip of wine and calmed down. This pick most likely isn't the end of the world. I will look at the bigger picture and go with the concept that he was, by most reports, the BPA and not dwell on the negative.

...sigh...
Sounds like you had more than a "a nice long sip of wine" if you are okay with this pick ;)

Problem is a) we have Ben on the roster and used last year's pick on a non-defensive SG and b) we've got more important holes to fill than adding a shooter.

Role playing shooters are not that tough to come by in free agency. We just blew back to back high picks on them.
I don't see many great shotblockers left in the draft. I don't see how we could fix that problem. I also don't see Stauskas as a role playing shooter. I believe he is much more than that. A role playing shooter for me is Morrow, James Jones, Steve Novak. Stauskas can provide much more than shooting. Obviously it's my personal opinion and I could be totale wrong, but I hope not.

I'm a Michigan fan and I've watched every game Nik has played. The kid works so hard and has steadily improved his D.

He consistently proved that he could adjust to defenses. When little guys bothered him for a few game stretch, he figured it out, adjusted, and dominated again. Bigger guys couldn't stay in front of him.

Might never be a top notch defender, but he will get to the point that he can guard any 2 in the league.

His confidence is infectious and you couldn't ask for a better teammate. Cousins is going to love him.

So glad I live in Sacramento and he went to my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.