The Official Lottery Thread - Kings get #5 and #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't moved up in the draft since what, 1989? The one time we finally do, we have to give it up. We just happened to get a nice consolation prize which I am very happy about.

It's Kangz because we could have almost been guaranteed to get Josh Jackson who has a good chance of being a perennial all star in this league.
Look at it this way, if the draft swap wasn't present, there's no way the Kings would have moved up because #Kangz.

This lottery did seem to punish the tankers.

Suns tanked it hardcore and got what they deserved. Magic and Knicks did as well. All bumped.

Wolves couldn't buy a win at seasons end but I can't say they dogged it. They played their guys but they've had enough good fortune in the lottery. Time for them to fill in their holes with vets and win some games.

Kings and Lakers showed integrity and got some good fortune.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Here's the really interesting question the lottery just created - what does Philly do at #3?

Josh Jackson is a better fit for Boston than Fultz or Ball but whether they keep the pick or trade the pick I think Fultz still goes #1. I thought Lonzo Ball could possibly slip a bit on draft day but I think the Lakers absolutely take him at #2.

So what do the Sixers do? Jackson and Tatum don't really make any sense for them. Monk seems like a great fit but is that too high to take him? Would they draft Fox or Smith Jr given that they plan to put the ball in Simmon's hands? Maybe they end up trading the pick.

Either way I think Phoenix takes Jackson, Tatum or Isaac. I don't see them drafting a PG. So unless the Sixers take Fox (or Smith Jr) then I think the Kings have their choice of PG between Fox, Smith Jr and Ntilikina.

An ideal draft result in my mind?

1. BOS - Fultz
  2. LAL - Ball
  3. PHI - Monk
  4. PHX - Jackson
  5. SAC - Fox
  6. ORL - Tatum
  7. MIN - Markkanen
  8. NYK - Ntilikina
  9. DAL - Smith Jr
  10. SAC - Isaac
Philly would be silly to draft Monk at 3. Who they draft at 3 is really easy IMO...they are taking either Fox or Jackson and be ecstatic about it.

So here's where it gets interesting.

Do we package these picks to move up to #2 or #3?

We have a good amount of young talent, so do you do that to get elite talent, if you are sure you can get it, and then get the rest through FA? Having a top 3 pick on your roster is going to be more attractive to FA's.

Feels like we've turned a corner.

And if Philly is dead set on Monk man we need to trade up with them and grab Jackson. 5 still guarantees them Monk but what do we add to it to get 3 cause Jackson is damn neer perfect at 3 for us.

Why wouldn't Philly take Jackson? It's hard for me seeing Monk going in the top 5.
From a talent perspective they SHOULD take Jackson. But so far Embiid has looked like their franchise player (if he can stay healthy) and they plan to let Simmons play PG. Between Embiid, Simmons, Saric and Okafor (who I think they'll try hard to move again) their best players are all (1) frontcourt guys and (2) guys who need the ball in their hands. And as a team they lack three point shooting.

Jackson gives them yet another very talented front court player who needs the ball in his hands to be effective and whose biggest weakness has been a consistent outside shot. To his credit his jumper looked a lot better at the end of the season, but while he might be the best talent, he's definitely not the best fit.

We haven't moved up in the draft since what, 1989? The one time we finally do, we have to give it up. We just happened to get a nice consolation prize which I am very happy about.

It's Kangz because we could have almost been guaranteed to get Josh Jackson who has a good chance of being a perennial all star in this league.
Fair enough, but I'd rather have Fox over Jackson. In fact I think if Vlade did not (stupidly) agree to swap with 76ers and we moved up to #3, we'd take Fox over Jackson (and Tatum) at #3. There is NO way Fox will be available at #8. Now there is a good chance we nab him (as long as Magic does not get wise). And that makes it a great day to be a KINGS fan.....not KANGZ!

And if Philly is dead set on Monk man we need to trade up with them and grab Jackson. 5 still guarantees them Monk but what do we add to it to get 3 cause Jackson is damn neer perfect at 3 for us.
Would they make that swap for Malachi Richardson? Outside of Hield or Skal I don't see what else they'd want and I wouldn't give up either of those guys to move up two slots.

Philly would be silly to draft Monk at 3. Who they draft at 3 is really easy IMO...they are taking either Fox or Jackson and be ecstatic about it.
I think Philly takes Jackson at 3.
I think what Phoenix does is what will be interesting. They are fine at PG and SG. They could trade Bledsoe at this time and take Fox which would suck for Kings fans as that leaves 2nd tier PG prospects for us. If that happens I think the Kings take Tatum which is the guy I like the least out of Tatum/Fox/Jackson

http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/draft-prep-heats-kings-front-office-getting-respect-around-nba

Seems like the Kings have a connection to the Fultz camp. Would love a trade to number 1 but the chances of it happening is very slim. 5,10, and our first for next year might start talks.
I think 5,10, and WCS can possibly make it work. They're rumored to love Tatum and they're get wcs to go and 10 as assets Angie loves. We'd move on with a franchise pg plus Papa/KK at center for the next decade

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I think what Phoenix does is what will be interesting. They are fine at PG and SG. They could trade Bledsoe at this time and take Fox which would suck for Kings fans as that leaves 2nd tier PG prospects for us. If that happens I think the Kings take Tatum which is the guy I like the least out of Tatum/Fox/Jackson
Suns take the BPA regardless of position IMO. Bledsoe is currently in his prime, he can be shipped for the right package. I'd also imagine he would like to play for a playoff team.

Would they make that swap for Malachi Richardson? Outside of Hield or Skal I don't see what else they'd want and I wouldn't give up either of those guys to move up two slots.
I don't think Malachi has that much trade value. I want Jackson bad but if we can get Fox at 5 then I'm confident we will still be quite alright.

Btw. When they pulled the Kings logo for pick 10. My heart dropped because for a second I thought it meant our pick somehow got bumped to 10 and New Orleans moved in the top 3

I thought they used to do it like Pick 10 is New Orleans which goes to Sacramento.
I thought the EXACT same thing and felt like puking!

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Well, we might include Hield in a deal, but it would have to bring back more than the #3 pick; Philly would have to include somebody on their roster who is pretty darned good.

Who would trade pick 5 and 10 for No. 1? Wonder if there's ANY chance Boston would even consider it. They don't need Fultz.
Fultz and Isaiah can be very effective together. Both can play off the ball OR with the ball. Whether two guards can play together depends on whether both can slide between SG and PG. Both Fultz and Isaiah can do that. A lot of versatility there. I think the Celtics take Fultz without thinking twice unless they trade away for package involving Paul George or Jimmy Butler. An offer of the #5 and #10 for the #1 is not going to entice them relative to other options.

Well, we might include Hield in a deal, but it would have to bring back more than the #3 pick; Philly would have to include somebody on their roster who is pretty darned good.
What?! We are not trading Buddy under ANY circumstance. He's our starting SG for next 5-10 years who happened shoot 60% TS and put up 15 PPG after mid season trade in which he was thrown out there and told to go ball. Geez now I know why I took a break from site for few weeks.....not great for my blood pressure! :p

I completely agree with your last opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.