The official KF "I want to share some good news!" thread

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Four years, 0 minutes and 1 second. 26298 cigarettes not smoked, saving $5,588.33. Life saved: 13 weeks, 7 hours, 30 minutes.
That's awesome. Congrats.

Where did you find that calculator? I'll be hitting 14 years on Sept. 9. Kind of curious what my stats might be.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I am so excited. Just got an email from my nephew who is on active duty in the USAF. He is going to be at Beale AFB from Aug 10th to the 29th. He will be free on weekends and plans to spend them in Sacramento. I haven't seen him in about 3 years and since that time he has been married and become a father. I am so excited!!!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
What a wonderful day I had. I drove up to Beale AFB and picked up my nephew who is in training there and we spent the day together. We went to the STH party at ARCO and he loved having his picture taken with several of the players and coaches. I drove him back up to Beale where he will be for another couple of weeks. Have no idea, at this time, whether I will get to see him again before he returns to Tucson, but today was wonderful.

As an EMT I rarely do soimething important.

OK, that's a lie. I never do anything important. The joke is: Paramedics save lives; EMTs only prolong them.

Well ladies and gentlemen of Kingsfans. Today for the first time, I saved a man's life.

And I'm posting this information not because I'm a braggart or attention-whore, but because after 26 years, two working in a mindless, thankless office job, several seemingly endless and obtuse classes, a flurry of oppressive and mind-numbing skills and knowledge tests, a laundry list of bureauacratic hoops to jump through, several months of working as a glorified human delivery driver and tolerating the abusive, belittling and offensive words of pompous doctors, nurses, supervisors and even patients

... i finally got to taste for a few moments what it's like to be a hero.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
As an EMT I rarely do soimething important.

OK, that's a lie. I never do anything important. The joke is: Paramedics save lives; EMTs only prolong them.

Well ladies and gentlemen of Kingsfans. Today for the first time, I saved a man's life.

And I'm posting this information not because I'm a braggart or attention-whore, but because after 26 years, two working in a mindless, thankless office job, several seemingly endless and obtuse classes, a flurry of oppressive and mind-numbing skills and knowledge tests, a laundry list of bureauacratic hoops to jump through, several months of working as a glorified human delivery driver and tolerating the abusive, belittling and offensive words of pompous doctors, nurses, supervisors and even patients

... i finally got to taste for a few moments what it's like to be a hero.
Congratulations.

Living up here, we deal mostly with EMTs who are first on the scene when we need them the most. You may have to deal with crap, but I want you to know that the vast majority of us are very thankful for you and what you do.

:)

Life is Good!

Diagnosis + 4 Years

Four years ago today I was diagnosed with severe dilated cardiomyopathy - a dangerously enlarged heart. I won't get all melodramatic about it other than to say I was seriously afraid I wouldn't be around to see my 43rd birthday. Thanks to the World's Kindest Family Practitioner Dr. Gillespie who watched me like a hawk for 3 months, my adorable husband who did everything for me and the support of my friends (including several KF family members), not only am I still around, but better than I have ever been! It's unfortunate that it took this health scare to make me re-evaluate everything and start taking proper care of myself, but there it is and I don't need a second warning. I guess y'all are stuck with me for a good long while to come.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
It has been 4 years already. I'm glad to hear you are feeling so very well. It is good to have you around.

wow, to both lowenherz and arwen for their good news; congrats!!!

as for me:

back and married. :)

***ETA: hoping you have a blast and that your nephew stays safe, 6th!

Last edited: