The official KF "I want to share some good news!" thread

Congrats to the aunt (Prophetess) and the uncle (Warhawk) to be!

Congratulations Ryan on your accomplishment!

Bdouble013. McGeroge is a good law school. I think their students have a pretty good track record on the bar. My ex went there and passed the bar on the first try. I just know you will, too.

As of Wednesday, I officially became a mother-in-law. They've only been together 12 years. ;)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I want to share something really cute. My roommate teaches art in the Very Special Arts program in Sacramento. The program is for kids with special needs.............i.e. Special Ed classes.

Well, she teaches kids to make comic books...with themselves as the Super Hero. The kids start out by picking someone who is a hero to them and then they have to figure out what super power(s) they have and name their weakness.

She showed me a picture today, that a child had done naming Michael Jordan as his super hero. His super power: jumping really high. His weakness: falling

Gotta love these kids!!!!!!!!!! :D

Today I got a letter from a coach in Boston (I live in Europe). He spoke to some people he knows and they want me to send videos of me playing to them. To me it's a big thing because he's the all time winningest highschool coach in Massachussetts and in the HOF. Long way to go but hopefully someday I'll be letting you all know I've gotten a scholarship to a college in America!

Today I got a letter from a coach in Boston (I live in Europe). He spoke to some people he knows and they want me to send videos of me playing to them. To me it's a big thing because he's the all time winningest highschool coach in Massachussetts and in the HOF. Long way to go but hopefully someday I'll be letting you all know I've gotten a scholarship to a college in America!
hey, congratulations! best of luck!

I want to share something really cute. My roommate teaches art in the Very Special Arts program in Sacramento. The program is for kids with special needs.............i.e. Special Ed classes.

Well, she teaches kids to make comic books...with themselves as the Super Hero. The kids start out by picking someone who is a hero to them and then they have to figure out what super power(s) they have and name their weakness.

She showed me a picture today, that a child had done naming Michael Jordan as his super hero. His super power: jumping really high. His weakness: falling

Gotta love these kids!!!!!!!!!! :D
that, too, is my weakness. curse you, gravity!

that's really cool! congrats!

Got some more good news! :D

Going to America for two weeks in the summer with my team, playing against varsity teams and Prep Schools! One of the guys we'll be playing against will be at Duke next year, and another at Florida State! So I'll get to play against some great players! :D

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Got some more good news! :D

Going to America for two weeks in the summer with my team, playing against varsity teams and Prep Schools! One of the guys we'll be playing against will be at Duke next year, and another at Florida State! So I'll get to play against some great players! :D

Have a great trip, dime dropper, and a really good time. Let us know when you'll be here.

Super Congrats!!

Have a great trip, dime dropper, and a really good time. Let us know when you'll be here.

Super Congrats!!

Thanks for that! The dates I'll be there are from the 16th July 'til the 28th. We'll be travelling to New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania so there will be alot of travelling but it should be a great experience!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Thanks for that! The dates I'll be there are from the 16th July 'til the 28th. We'll be travelling to New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania so there will be alot of travelling but it should be a great experience!

Oh darn! So, you will be staying entirely in the Eastern U.S.? That means we won't be able to meet you and take you out for a burger..........no, not a Kobe Burger. :D

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Wrong side of the country. Do you need a towel boy? I'm free. Or would you hold my ancestry against me? I'm semi-serious, by the way.

Oh darn! So, you will be staying entirely in the Eastern U.S.? That means we won't be able to meet you and take you out for a burger..........no, not a Kobe Burger. :D

Yes, I guess so. Hopefully when I'm older I'll get the chance to take a long visit to the West Coast. Then, I'll hold you to that offer! :D

Wrong side of the country. Do you need a towel boy? I'm free. Or would you hold my ancestry against me? I'm semi-serious, by the way.
It doesn't matter which side of the country I'm in, I'm just happy I'm getting the opportunity. I'm not so sure it's a good idea to travel half way across the country to hand me a towel :p
And of course I wouldn't hold it against you, that means nothing to me! :)

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Not sure where you are coming from, but be prepared for potentially very high humidity. East coast summers can be VERY humid....

And congrats! Hope you have a fantastic trip!

Not sure where you are coming from, but be prepared for potentially very high humidity. East coast summers can be VERY humid....

And congrats! Hope you have a fantastic trip!
I won't be worrying about humidity at all, I'll be too busy having fun! BTW, I'm from Ireland.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I just had my second big dental procedure in 2 weeks. I had suffered a paralyzing fear of the dentist that kept me from going for years after I moved away from Sacramento and had it not been for a dental emergency who knows how long it would have gone on.

I was a total wreck before the root canal 2 weeks ago but it went pretty well and I'm happy to report that I actually got a good night's sleep last night, was totally at peace this morning, actually said "good!" when asked how I was doing and made it through with very little fuss.

I feel like a huge monkey is now off my back and I think once I get everything fixed up I'll be completely free of a life long dental phobia.