Teocracy

Finally Teodosic found a way to win his first Euroleague Cup.

His contract with CSKA will expiring next summer, but... Please Vlade find some way to work everything out and bring him to Sacto.

I love Milos, he's my favourite European player. I'm also a big CSKA fan and I've seen him a lot this season (I basically live half of my time in Italy and half in Moscow), so I'm sure he would be a great player in the NBA too. Of course he would have problem guarding guys like Westbrook or Lillard, but I think his style of play is better suited for the NBA than for the European basketball.

I'm also sure there's no way he will leave CSKA, so it's really a long shot.

Teodosic will be abused on D. Milos knows this, and has no intention of coming over and being a rag doll.
Nando De Colo may want to prove himself, but Teodosic is very much afraid of being next Jasicevicius or Spanoulis.

He's going to be FA next summer and he's a close friend of Bogdanovic.
Just don't see him coming over to the Kings. Here's what he said in September
I want to go to the NBA and I know that I can establish myself there and really contribute. I will not sign anywhere just to be able to say that I played in the NBA. I need the whole package that will excite me. So it depends on what offers I get as a free agent and the way the teams approach and talk to me.
Just from inferring, it seems like he's really adamant about having a big role for a NBA team. I just don't think that happens. He's way too much of a defensive liability to be playing heavy minutes...let alone, our offense running through him.

I could see him getting around 20mpg on these teams:
Spurs, Pelicans, Brooklyn(?), and Orlando(?).

I don't think the Kings will take a flyer on him. There's probably 20 NBA teams out there willing to give him a contract though.

dude12

Hall of Famer
He absolutely does not fit the profile of what the Kings have been acquiring.....which is you have to be able to play some defense. Don't see him as an option for the Kings. I can see him going to a team like Houston if they keep the coach there.

He's a basketball genius, I can live with his defense as soon as the rest of the team is aware of it.
Of course, right now is fantasy basketball... but let's see our situation in one year team and let's see other option on the market.
Maybe Vlade and Bogdan can help this time.

If he doesn't play defense, he won't be part of this team. Not a Joerger type of player. I don't see it happening.
If he's not a Joeger type player why did the Grizzlies try to lure Teodosic to Memphis back in 2013 then?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...s-tried-sign-serbian-star-milos-teodosic-2013
https://bealestreetbears.com/2016/08/23/finally-time-milos-teodosic-join-memphis/
http://fadeawayworld.com/2016/09/25/top-3-nba-destinations-for-milos-teodosic/

I actually think we have a pretty good shot at him if we put up a good showing this year and prove to the league that we're a team on the rise.

I actually think we have a pretty good shot at him if we put up a good showing this year and prove to the league that we're a team on the rise.
Not saying the Kings are interested or that he'd fit in, but, if so, I should think having Peja and Vlade in the front office is a nice advantage. Also, having Bogdanovic possibly in the mix next season couldn't hurt.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Would you have said, prior to the Kings signing him, that Ty Lawson was a Joerger type player?
That is a good point although Lawson has surprised me with his defense. But...we were also at a point in Sac where we really needed another PG. Teodosic can't play defense. Maybe they will go after him, I don't feel as though he's a fit.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If he doesn't play defense, he won't be part of this team. Not a Joerger type of player. I don't see it happening.
Joerger had noted defensive savant Brno Udrih as his backup point guard for a couple years so are we really sure what he wants in a point guard?

If he's a basketball genius, I wonder where Jason Williams ranks.
Actually, Jason Williams was playing in that flashy way in a good but not great team (in Miami he played differently).
Teodosic is doing the same winning Euroleague and playing Olympics/World Cup finals.
If basketball was just a matter of talent, Teodosic would be one of the best players ever came out of Europe.
And obviously he's not.

[B]Adrian Wojnarowski[/B]‏Verified account @[B]wojespn[/B]
FollowingFollowing @wojespn
More
The Kings are planning to sign Corey Brewer to a 10-day contract, league source tells ESPN.

Might help make up for those worried about losing Shumperts defense.
Truth be told, Barnes is not a bad defender either. I think that the drop off there will not be drastic even though the styles are different. But Brewer's "in your face" type defense will be more than welcomed.

Why do people keep clamoring for him? Sure he passes great, he's ok at shooting, but he can't guard me. Yogi is better at everything except the crazy passes. He wouldn't even play on our team.
Because he fits with this team.
Ok... He's a poor defender, but he's great setting teammates up.
And we have several players who needs to be set up.
The same ones who can cover his defense on the other side.
It's a low risk/medium-high reward situation.
Anywyay, I think he prefers going back to Euroleague.
Yogi will never ever be better than Teodosic. Not even in his own dreams.

Because he fits with this team.
Ok... He's a poor defender, but he's great setting teammates up.
And we have several players who needs to be set up.
The same ones who can cover his defense on the other side.
It's a low risk/medium-high reward situation.
Anywyay, I think he prefers going back to Euroleague.
Yogi will never ever be better than Teodosic. Not even in his own dreams.
at the NBA level Yogi is a far superior player to Teo it's not even close, Teo is arguably one of the worst PG's in the NBA his style of ball is just not suited for it, now if both were in the EuroLeague/International ball than yeah Teo would destroy him since he could dominate the ball and play his game. Pat Beverly was a scrub compared to Milos in the Euroleague but in the NBA it's the other way around.

Very few playmaking wing/guards other than Joe Ingles (can shoot excellent plus play D as well) can get away with always having to use screens to breakdown a defense since they can't beat there man one on one, Teo can't get into the lane at all in the NBA and his shooting is meh and his defense is Kanter level.