20.1% USG

Moneke:
39 MPG (Holy)
20 PPG
9.0 RPG
3.0 APG
67.9% TS ???
21.2% USG
I'm a big Queta supporter, but he should be grabbing a lot more boards than that in the GLeague.

I'm a big Queta supporter, but he should be grabbing a lot more boards than that in the GLeague.
Yeah it's a problem. He showed a lot of improvement during SL this year, but the rebounding remained a big concern. Looks like it really hasn't alleviated either where I'm guessing he's one of the biggest/most athletic bigs in the entire G-League.

Yeah it's a problem. He showed a lot of improvement during SL this year, but the rebounding remained a big concern. Looks like it really hasn't alleviated either where I'm guessing he's one of the biggest/most athletic bigs in the entire G-League.

If i were you guys, i woundnt trust the G-League website stats too much, they tend to make a lots of mistakes on rebounding and assists stats, for example Quetas first game vs the Clippers he was supposed to have 4 assists instead of 2, and the game before that he had 3 assists but they gave him 0, its amateur hour over there really...

If i were you guys, i woundnt trust the G-League website stats too much, they tend to make a lots of mistakes on rebounding and assists stats, for example Quetas first game vs the Clippers he was supposed to have 4 assists instead of 2, and the game before that he had 3 assists but they gave him 0, its amateur hour over there really...
Yeah that first game I watched Chima get blocked 3 times on one possession alone and the final box score had zero blocks against for him.

Also the stats from the G League site vs. basketball reference are always way different for some reason.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Assists can be easily screwed up because there is a certain amount of interpretation with the stat. Rebounds are hard to screw up.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Stockton beats the Warriors, Queta had 36pts 18rbs 3ast 4blks vs Wiseman, can we just put him in the rotation now?

Yes please! I don't know whose minutes he's taking (Metu and/or Lyles) but there have been a few games this season where our complete lack of size off the bench has been a major problem. It would be nice to have Queta in the rotation at least occasionally.

It's worth a shot. Metu gave an nice boost when he first joined the rotation, but man he's been really bad defensively.

Would potentially save the Kings some trouble this off-season finding a back-up C if Queta can really take that slot.

+/- is one of those stats if u watch tons of games a season you really see some bizarre outliers, its really very circumstantial and a weak weak weak stat by itself. I remember watching Shelvin Mack post a +48 vs the Lakers years ago

But in the case of James Wiseman, bad +/- sure does follow him everywhere. It's uncanny at this point.

I mean he's 8/9 from the field 11 boards 18pts in 23 minutes and yet he's -18...

There should be a good finish to this game.

A little off topic. I’m glad our guys are looking good but I can’t put any stock in G league numbers

I wish G-leagues quality of competition matched its quality of talent compared to the college ranks…but it’s still hard to look at g-league numbers and highlights with any credibility because the games look and feel like practice games.

It’s a shame because prospects could truly find their way there with a mix of aging pros, semi-pros, and similar top prospects if they played the game like there was any stakes outside of giving a few players some burn.

however, any player a team deems to be a focus will put up massive numbers in the g-league. Woodard looked like a stud in the g-league, couldn’t get a shot off in the NBA.

I thought guys like Kuminga and Green would have an edge over the college guys by being top talent but also spending a season playing pro level talent with coaching that emphasizes NBA pace and style of play..but they don’t because the college guys were playing real games

NBA should put more marketing behind it and emphasize a higher quality of competition because more and more top recruits are opting to go that route.

A little off topic. I’m glad our guys are looking good but I can’t put any stock in G league numbers

I wish G-leagues quality of competition matched its quality of talent compared to the college ranks…but it’s still hard to look at g-league numbers and highlights with any credibility because the games look and feel like practice games.

It’s a shame because prospects could truly find their way there with a mix of aging pros, semi-pros, and similar top prospects if they played the game like there was any stakes outside of giving a few players some burn.

however, any player a team deems to be a focus will put up massive numbers in the g-league. Woodard looked like a stud in the g-league, couldn’t get a shot off in the NBA.

I thought guys like Kuminga and Green would have an edge over the college guys by being top talent but also spending a season playing pro level talent with coaching that emphasizes NBA pace and style of play..but they don’t because the college guys were playing real games

NBA should put more marketing behind it and emphasize a higher quality of competition because more and more top recruits are opting to go that route.

Woodard was the farthest from a stud in the G-league and his stats there confirm that.

Woodard was the farthest from a stud in the G-league and his stats there confirm that.
I might’ve been mixing him up with Louis King. Or I saw highlights of sone big games that he had in the g league. Possibly a mislabeled example but such examples are rampant in the g league.

Nevertheless, I think the overall point stands in regards to the the level of competitiveness and what stats mean(or don’t mean) in the g-league and if it’s cause to get excited about our guys over there. Any thoughts on that?

This Stockton squad needs a guy like Ferrari at point to create some game, Jordan Ford and Steward are out there playing for themselves, completely selfish players trying to get their numbers padded, and Bobby doesn't seem to care enough to make any changes.

He has played very well for them. Don't know how it translates, though.
Chance Commanche was always pretty good and mobile and flashed good offense n shotblocking from what i remember, just he was extremely skinny n narrow shouldered so he always looked like he needed a few years.

Glad hes playing well, I actually hope he gets called up! I'd be excited to see his minutes in garbage time.