2022 Summer League Roster

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I really hope Queta makes progress. He has a lot of potential, he has midrange, can pass, block, rebound, and pretty mobile for his size. He just needs to put it all together.
Dude looks like he’s at least stayed in shape over the last couple of months. Dude came into summer league last season with an extra 15 or so pounds.

CANT WAIT for SL!

Its July 1st here on the east coast so just one more day til the California Classic!

I personally have quickly grown tired of reading some of the Murray naysayers opinions(comparisons to Elton Brand and Robert Horry WUTFACE?) around here. Yes, I know, surely these posters are bigtime Iowa fans and have seen him play dozens of games but I feel like tunes will be changes quickly even as fast as SL if they see him start dropping 20 and making it look relatively easy.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
The Neemias Queta fan club is currently accepting new member applications at a discount rate. Early adopters will get unlimited "I told you so" bragging rights while waiting in any concession line in the Golden 1 Center. Get in before December 15th and all dunks and blocked shots during the 2022-2023 season will earn you points toward the purchase of a commemorative "that's my boy!" Fan Club t-shirt!

I'm starting to lean that unless actual value is coming back in a Holmes deal, that we should just keep him and have that rotation spot locked down rather than screwing around and hoping Jones/Queta/Len can handle the spot. It feels like we've dismissed his previous 2 seasons and a good chunk of the early year; he was so bad to end the year, but I think it's understandable why he wasn't engaged on the court with all the off-the-court nonsense he was going through with his son, getting his eye poked like 4 times, covid. No, it's not a good fit with Sabonis, but he can be defensively and if Brown is a good coach with schemes; he should be able to find time for both to be on the floor together.

The Kings need good players and Holmes is an excellent one. He's 1 year removed from this in 20/21:

LEBRON- +1.8 (91%)
D-LEBRON- +0.9 (83rd%)
Defensive RPM- +2.3 (93rd%)
RATPOR- +2.1 (85th%)
LA-RAPM- +1.1 (81st%)
VORP- +1.2
WS/480: .165
66.9% TS
17.5% USG,
10.3% TOV
15.7% TRB

Net On/Off- +8.4

Basically, no dumping him. I'll take expensive, but elite 16-20 MPG production from Holmes over it being a potential weakness on the team.
Yup. What the Kings lack at the "superstar" high end they have a chance make up with quality backups at every position. Barring a big step-up from Queta, Richaun is what allows the Kings to say that of the 5.